Weekend Adventures and then some....

NH Heels

HappyinHeels, Going to a goth/fetish club is something my wife and I have talked about a few times. Maybe we haven't searched hard enought to find one in our area, but it seems like we'd have to go to Boston to find one. I'm also not sure that this is something I feel that I should have to do to wear what I want. I don't tend to be very outrageous with my style but it is fun to be a little crazy every now and then. We have been to the big Halloween parade in New York all dressed up and I did wear my heels with my costume, this is something we'd love to do again. For the most part, I just want to be able to wear what I like as I go about my everyday activities. I appreciate the comments and support from everyone. Jim

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, yesterday afternoon at work I was out in the service department dropping off some paperwork. One of the S/A's turns to me and out of the blue and with absolutely no discretion asks me, "Hey Jim, do you own leather pants?" A little startled and suprised, I thought about it for a second and responded with "Maybe I do. So what?". I was then informed with other people listening that he had spoken to a customer earlier who told him that he had seen me at the movies Friday night and that I was wearing leather pants. Being that I was busy I tried to brush it off and go about my business like I just didn't care. I honestly thought that I was completely busted, but nothing else came up. What bothers me the most is the fact that I feel like I was being tattled on to my parents. Don't people have anything better to do than talk about what others wear?! I've decided to just let it go and not have a confrontation about the situation, either with my coworker or the customer, but if they decide to bring it up again I will have to politely put them in their place. (If anyone has any suggestions on this, please let me know.) I guess I am more than a little suprised that the guy didn't notice the extra pointy toes or the stiletto heels even under the long pants, but it's probably for the best. For some reason this little experience has me all the more amped to just do my thing. At least then it would give them something more interesting to gossip about then a pair of leather pants. Cheers, Jim

I have been following your posts to this thread with much anticipation. Most all your experiences are my experiences. At the end of the day I'm really jazzed by the people I've talked with, the places I've gone, and how well I am able to walk with 5" stil's on all day. Yes, my mom & dad know as well as my 4 younger brothers, 2 don't care 2 make fun. Have fun doing what you want to with our support as well as your wifes and close friends. Take care Thrill

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS

Hi 5.5 Thrill, Thanks for your interest in my posts. It's always nice to know others are reading and maybe getting something out of them. It's also nice to hear that others are having the same experiences. Jim

NH Heels:-) Just be yourself and do what comes natural for you and the activities that you are involved in. You only come around once in this life and you should do it in the style of your choice. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

It sounds like you and your wife have fun wearing high heels and looking for new places to wear high heels in public. Those of us who wear high heels in public also enjoy reading posts like your for new ideas of places to go wearing high heels. You are a lucky man to have the support of your wife. Best wishes to the both of you.

Great adventures! I do enjoy reading about your experiences and your thoughts. The look with the leather pants and boots is quite nice and the people at work sound like a little sewing circle. Its one of the reasons that I work over an hours drive from where I live. Not just because of heeling, but because of all of the petty gossip that goes on. Recently, I have been doing more heeling with my wife. In fact, we went to see Sex and the City 2 as well, and I wore 3 inch red strappy sandals. My wife actually picked out my outfit for me and chose the sandals because I recently gout a fresh French pedicure. Isn't it great to have somebody to share the adventure with!

Style is built from the ground up!

Thanks for the banter everyone. Happyfeat, yes they do seem like quite the sewing circle. I work for a car dealership and the general mentality is the men are men and the women are secretaries. I have tried to make it known that I'm going to wear what i like and it doesn't matter to me if you like it or not as I always wear my regular guys cowboy boots even after six years of being teased about it. As far as I'm concerned they are just a bunch of miserable sob's with nothing better to do than make others feel bad so that they can feel better about themselves. They sure as hell aren't going to do that to me. At the end of the day it is my happiness that matters not theirs, but it's still aggravating. On a much happier note, my wife and I are on vacation this week and are headed to sunny Florida tomorrow and trust me the high heeled boots have been packed! Stay tuned for the adventures of NH Heels in Florida! Cheers, Jim

NH Heels- given the current temps and humidity, best leave the boots at home and stock up on t-shirts, shorts and sandals.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

NH Heels:-) No matter what heels you take to Florida I'm looking forward to reading of your adventures there. You must be a boot man like myself. In any event hope you and your wife enjoy your trip South. Cheers--- Dawn HH

You're right about the temps and humidity. While I did bring plenty of tees, shorts, and my sneakers, I am a stickly a boot guy when it comes to public heeling. I started of by wearing my 4" heel cowboy boots with jeans and a polo through airport security and the subsequent flight to Fla. Ended up not changing all day which meant wearing them while walking through both terminals and picking up our rental car (which by the way was a 2010 silver Mustang convertable). All of these activities plus stopping at a McDonalds, checking in at the hotel and dinner with my wifes Grandfather, not so much as a double take that I noticed. Granted I'm a bit of a nervous flyer so that was really the last thing on my mind. Aside from a bumpy flight it was a great first day of vacation and there are a lot more to come. Cheers, Jim

I ended up not being quite as adventurous as I had planned this past week but it was still an awesome vacation far away from home in sunny Florida. Aside from being at all the Disney and Universal parks during the day in shorts, a t shirt and sneakers, the nights were usually spent in jeans and my 4" heeled cowboy boots. Thursday was special as it was our 4 year anniversary. I was told by my wife what to wear and with a certain amount of nervousness complied. The outfit consisted of a black with purple stripes silk short sleeve shirt, black jeans and my 4" stiletto, pointy toe knee boots. She was dressed it a hot little sundress with purple and black paisleys and a pair of 3" heel strappy black high heel sandals. It was a bit of a walk from the parking garage into Universals Citywalk and down to the restaurant but it went well and was uneventful. We were probably the best dressed couple as we strutted into Emeril's for dinner. I was more than a bit nervous, but determined to let nothing ruin our special day and honestly my wearing heels definately did not. It was an excellent meal and a great time. Afterwards we wandered around a little picking up a few last minute souveniers and then headed back to the car. At no time did I feel like I was being watched or have any strange looks or comments, whether in my cowboy boots or my stilettos. It was an incredible trip no matter what I wore but I am glad to be home and away from 100% humidity.

post-552-133522915986_thumb.jpg

Congratulations to you and your wife on your vacation and outings. That is a good looking outfit you are wearing and I love the boot. The last time I was at Disney World and that area, there were so many people who were trying to take in as much as they could in the little time they had and if they saw a man in high heels, they probably looked then went abou their business. Congratulations again and I know what you mean about the humidity.

NH Heels:-) Liked the outfit that your wife picked out for you to wear on your Florida heeling adventure. It looks great on you. Happy Anniversary to you both and I know that you both enjoyed your chance to get away from whatever it is that you do at the dealership and enjoy something different for a few days. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Ah yes, I love vacationing at Disney World and Universal Studios in Florida (USA). And I would love to go vacationing in boots, yet it is too hot and humid for me this time of year. I am one of those travelers who walk at a breakneck pace trying to squeeze in as much as I can in whatever is our length of stay. So I would rather wear sneakers at Disney and Universal. Even if it was just for evening outings, my feet would be too sore to change into boots.

Thanks again everyone for following my journey even though I don't post very often. Even though todays "adventure" doesn't have anything to do with heeling I feel it's worth relating to you all. I have for the past 3 year tried to hide the fact that I have both of my nipples pierced from as many people as possible. This has meant not going swimming in my parents or other family members pools because I would have to take my shirt off. Today for the first time while at my parents house celebrating Father's Day, with a lot of apprehension I put on my swim suit and took off my tshirt not really knowing what to expect and went in the pool. Not only did my younger sister tell me that she didn't mind, she was suprised by the fact that I had been hiding it for the past 3 years. My father basically said that he had figured it out sometime ago because he had noticed them through my tshirts. I had already told my brother and mother and naturally my wife new about it so they were'nt an issue. After all of my worrying, it turned out to be no big deal. I guess the point that I want to make is this: You really can hide much from those that love you and know you the best and sometimes you may be pleasantly suprised by how accepting they can be. All of this time I've been so nervous of what my Dad and my sister would think and how they would react and it was such a non issue. This has become just another step in accepting myself for who I am. What a day! Thanks for reading, Jim

• 1 month later...