Weekend Adventures and then some....

NH Heels

Thanks everyone for sharing and for the compliments on my new boots. They haven't made it out yet but it won't be long.

If you get a chance, maybe you can take a few more pictures (especially of the heel, hard to tell how chunky it is). The rounded toe, thin sole, and it looks like sort of a dull finish (vs shiny), would seem to be ideal on public outing.

I couldn't find them on the JCP website, though it looks like their shoes only go up to sz 11 anyway (too small for me).

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so today was the first outing wearing my new boots. I was wearing a longer pair of jeans, a black v-neck sweater, my leather jacket and the black 4" block heel, round toe mid calf boots. My wife and I started of going into a local bakery to order an Italian rum cake for our annual Christmas party next Saturday. Then it was on to the craft store for some decorations and to pick up a gift card. We had a leisurely lunch at Ruby Tuesday. From there we stopped at Walgreens to pick up a couple of things. I bought one of those light up wreaths for the grill of my truck. I know it's kinda corny, but I'm trying to keep my good mood for the holidays. Our final stop was the supermarket to do our food shopping and pick up some stuff for our party. While we walking up one of the aisles, we bumped into a couple that we are friends with and spent a good 15 minutes talking with them. I also had one of the guys from work walk by and wave from probably 20 feet away. All in all we spent about 6 hours out shopping in several different stores and while I'd like to say that nobody noticed, that's probably not accurate. What did happen is that I wasn't looking for people to notice and didn't worry about it. I was just a guy out shopping with my wife going about my business and just happened to be wearing 4" heels. The more outings I have like this the more I believe that when and if someone asks me about it that I'll be able to respond calmly and rationally instead of freaking out. It was a very enjoyable day, even when the snow turned to rain. Happy Heeling and Merry Christmas! Jim

post-552-133522898626_thumb.jpg

Those boots will work, NH Heels, anywhere you chose to wear them. I'd not hesitate one second to put them on and wear them anywhere in public. In fact, I, too, have a similar pair' 4½" heels and semi-round toes that I've worn for the past three winters. Many, many miles on them to the point they're now almost ready for the "worn out" pile. And, over the course of the miles that I put on them, very little reaction ever registered. Some believe there isn't anything as comfortable as an old pair of boots. And, they're right. This pair is so comfortable...And, while I've 4 or 5 other pair to replace this pair, I will miss them. :cry1:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Thanks Bubba136, they were pretty comfortable all day even though I had only broken them in around the house for a couple hours. I completely understand how a pair of boots can become like an old friend, I've had a few pairs of cowboy boots that have been that way. Fortunately, they are well made and with a quick reheel, resole and a nice coat of pollish they're like brand new again. I've yet to have to have to consider saying goodbye to any of my actuall heels since they've mostly only seen indoor wear so far. Now I have so many pairs that I don't yet have a favorite so hopefully they will all have a long happy life. Cheers! Jim

Good idea. They help a lot with the snow here too. There are plenty of good styles to choose from right now too. Do you shop online or in the store? P.S. sorry to hear about what happend with the idiot at work, glad to hear things haven't been too bad though.

Today was a fun day Christmas shopping with my Mom. We walked the entire mall, both floors and stopped into several other stores in our area. We also stopped at a local Italian restaurant for lunch. If you ever get the chance to try Pizzico, I highly recommend it. The whole time, I was wearing my 4" cowboy boots with heels fully exposed. Mom approved and as far as anyone else...who cares! I had brought 3 pairs of heeled boots that I no longer wear with me to see if my Mom was interested in them. When we got back to my parents house I brought them in with me and had her try them on and see if they fit and if she liked them. Two out of three fit her pretty good and she said she like them and would definately wear them. My 11 year old sister came into the room as she was trying them on and asked "Did Mom get new boots?". I told her no she hadn't gotten new boots, to which my sister replied "Oh is she trying on your boots?" I said "Yeah, yeah, she's trying on my boots.". She then proceeded to try them on herself even though they were about 5 sizes too big for her. She didn't say another word about it. Now I'm not really sure that she understood, but honestly she's a pretty quick kid and I'm sure to some extent she has some idea what's going on. I guess I brought that on myself, but no harm done. Later I asked my Mom what she'd tell my father when he asked where she got the new boots. She just kinda brushed it off, so I told her she should just tell him I gave them to her. I also suggested that he's not stupid and although we've never discussed my heeling that he's probably figured it out to some extent. You just can't be in close proximity to anyone and not have them notice that you're suddenly 4"s taller. Normally I'm about 5-6 inches shorter than he is and with my 4" cowboy boots on we pretty much see eye to eye. Honestly my father is a pretty smart guy. We just don't tend to talk about things like that, even though we do have a pretty good relationship. Still curious to see if anything comes of it. Not worried, just curious.

• 1 month later...

So after somewhat of a hiatus from the forum, I'm going to try to start posting again. My heeling adventures have been a lot more frequent, a lot of fun, and fairly non-eventful. First off, for Christmas my wife gave me a pair of brown, square toe, 3" blade heel knee boots that I love and are very comfortable. (pics soon) Recently my brown 4" stiletto knee boots have been seeing a lot of action. I wore them one night when a female friend of ours came over for dinner and I'm pretty sure she didn't notice. I also wore them out to dinner with my wife one saturday night, followed by a trip to a local Gamestop to look for Wii games, and then a trip to Off Broadway Shoe. I ended up buying a pair of black 4" stiletto, pointy toe, knee boots there and will post pics of them soon. Last week my wife and I were going to church and then going to dinner at the home of our previously mentioned friend. I had worn my regular guys cowboy boots to go to church and hadn't brought any heels to change into afterward. My wife decided that wouldn't do and since we wouldn't have time to go home first, a quick shopping trip was in order. We ended up in DSW shoe warehouse where I bought a pair of black 4" stiletto, round toe scrunchy knee boots. (pics soon) I changed my boots in the car and proceeded to dinner. After several hours at our friends home, I'm certain that she never noticed even though we were sitting on the bar stools at the kitchen island which pulls the pant legs up high enough to expose all of the heel. Today my parents, my brother and his gf and my sister came for dinner at our house. I wore my black 3 1/2" block heel square toe knee boots and not a word was said so i have no idea if anyone even noticed. While I am getting a lot more confident in wearing my heels I still wear longer jeans to cover the heel and still get nervous about being in certain situations. Sorry if I seem to be rambling, I'm just trying to get caught up. Hopefully my stories aren't too boring. Thanks for reading! Jim

N.H.Heels:-) Welcome back friend. Your collection of heels sounds quite interesting and the fact that you are getting mileage on them is excellent reading. Can't wait to see you in them in some pics when you have time to take them. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Welcome back! You have become quite the heeler and should be proud. Please keep us posted on your adventures and experiences. They have a lot to offer your fellow heelers. Great experiences!

Style is built from the ground up!

Today my wife and I decided to take a drive to the outlet stores about an hour north of us. I decided to be adventurous so I wore my brown Nine West 4" stiletto pointy toe knee boots with longer jeans, and a dark red v-neck sweater. We went in several of the stores and took our time shopping. I was purposely trying to not pay attention to the other people and just go about my business, but couldn't help notice that I certainly did get at least a few double takes. I managed to not let it bother me and pretend like I didn't notice. Before we left the house, we checked online to find out what the store hours were and happened to see that Nine West was having a 60% off sale. I was excited to go and try on at least one pair of boots. Unfortunately neither of us were overly impressed with the selection. There was on pair of boots that we both liked and I thought it would be fun for us to own the same pair of boots. The were black 3" stiletto pointy toe knee boots, but they didn't have either of our sizes in black so we passed. All in all it was another fun shopping trip in heels.

Finally got around to taking a few pics. Figured I'd share my outfit from today. The boots in this pic aren't the ones that I wore shopping at the outlets, but I did change into them to go grocery shopping afterwards.

post-552-133522903411_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys for the encouragement in my heeling and my posting, it really means alot to me. Tonight was another uneventful but fun night out with my with in my heels. I decided on my brown 3" block heeled knee boots with the square toes with longer jeans and a deep purple button down. We started with supper at Tbones. My wife was in need of a replacement pair of black stileto knee boots to wear to work so after supper it was off to Off Broadway Shoes. She was certain that she wouldn't find what she was looking for but I would find something that I liked. She was wrong! She found exactly what she was after and I found squat, but it's ok. I have for some reason found an attraction to the new style of hidden platform pump. They had some very sexy pumps with the hidden heel that I was very tempted to buy in red, but I have recently decided that if I won't wear them out in public, then I can't justify buying them (I know kind of sad). After buying my wife her pair of boots we headed to Target just to poke around and walked around the entire store. The more that I heel, the more I realise not only that most people just don't notice, but I just don't care if they do. I went about my business just like everybody else and it was no big deal. Live for today because you don't know what tomorrow will bring! Cheers, Jim

Welcome back NH Heels!! I enjoyed reading your "heel highlights" or maybe it's "high heellights". I recently went to a Nine West outlet store to go a half size bigger on wedge boots I had bought my wife for Christmas and wore a pair of 4" wedges in there myself. The manager like the neutral color and asked me what brand they were and I said Steve Madden. I had always heard good things about Nine West but have yet to buy heels there for myself. You're right about Target, it is always a good place to check for heels and they always stock up to size 11 which is my ideal size but I can take a 10 in some styles as well. I have bought heels, tops, and dresses there with NEVER a comment. Besides, I know the corporate policy of the Dayton Hudson Corporation is very GLBT-friendly anyway. And they are hardly alone in that regard. Wear your heels and show 'em your money---it's as green as any other customer's. HappyinHeels

My wife and I went to a Super Bowl party at my parents yesterday along with my brother and his girlfriend. I wasn't feeling overly adventurous but decided to wear my 4" cowboyboots which I never hide with my jeans as I'm very confindent in wearing them. Not a word was said about my choice in footwear even thought the height difference is surely noticable. At one point in the evening my 11 year old sister who is probably 6" shorter than me was standing next to me in the kitchen while I was talking to my Mom. All of a sudden my little sis looked up at me and obviously realised that something was different. She quickly ducked down and took a peak around behind me and down at my feet to see the heels of my boots. When she'd had a quick look she stood up straight again and just resumed what she was doing. She was probably just curious as to why I suddenly seemed so much taller than she was, but she never asked or even mentioned it. I pretended not to notice what she had done and that was that. It never came up in conversation and when I told my Mom about it later she said that my sister never even asked her about it. I'm not quite sure what to make of it, but if she wasn't going to make a fuss then neither will I. I'll never know for sure what my family thinks about me in heels unless I put myself out there and test the water. My family is really where I seek the most as far as "acceptance", but at the end of the day the acceptance I seek the most is my own. In any case, I just thought I'd share this little blip of an experience in part to show that some people may be curious and that's all it really is, curiousity. Happy Heeling! Cheers, Jim

Jim, Good for you. Having the nerve to put them on in front of your family is probably one of the hardest things. It is so much easier just out among strangers. I, for one, would be a little afraid of getting negative comments. Keep up the good work.:blinkbigeyes: Stefan

Best regards, Stefan

Thanks Stephan. I know that alot of people here are probably more afraid of family finding out than having total strangers notice and I get that. For me personally, It has been a great help to me having not only my wife support me but also having my mother know and be totally supportive. My family is the most important thing in the world to me. One thing that I've come to understand about myself through the "heeling" process is that the more comfortable I am with myself the happier I am. This may sound a little selfish, but in the end because I'm happier, I'm also more self confident and am able to be more there for the people who may need me. Instead of being depressed and wrapped up in my own little cocoon just wanting to crawl under a rock, I can be a more active participant since I don't always feel like I'm hiding. Everyone has to take their heeling at their own pace and follow their own road. It certainly shouldn't be a life or death situation. However, if it is something that helps make you more yourself than isn't it worth finding out. Jim

• 3 months later...

Page 5? What the heck! Honestly I haven't really felt like I have had anything post worthy lately even though I have done my fair share of heeling. I have had my share of ups and downs as I try to reconsile my day to day life with my heeling. I more often than not seem to play the "this pair or this pair" game with my boots depending on the lenght of my jeans. I seem to get too stressed out about my comfort level and just go with what's comfortable and not what I really want to wear. I just don't seem to be able to let go of my fears and follow my heart even with the support of my wife and it is more than frustrating. I have been keeping up with everyones posts and have found some comfort in them. It just doesn't seem to be enough sometimes. Thank you so much to Thighbootguy, Kneehighs, Happyfeat, Bubba, and many others for your stories and continued support to all of us that are still trying to find ourselves. On a happier note, I've recently wore my stilleto knee boots (under my jeans) while having dinner at our house with my brother and his girlfriend who both told me that it was cool and they didn't care what I wore. She even asked me if I could teach her to walk in heels.(How weird is that?) Again, I appologize for not being consitent in my posting, I just don't always feel like I have anything worthwhile saying. Cheers to all, Jim

Hey, Jim! Don't be so down on yourself! You always have good things to say and we like your posts. Posts don't have to be new and novel all the time. Tell us what boots you're wearing, even if you've worn them before. Your post above is great! Nothing to apologize for. If you can inspire one other person to say, "I can do that!", then your post is worth while. But if you don't post, you can be sure you won't inspire anyone. So stay with us and do your part. We're all in this together. Steve

Thanks Steve for your words of encouregment. As hard as I try, I'm just that personality type which makes being a heeler all the more difficult. Tonight may have been the most fun I have had out and about in a while. After a very long week at work, it was finally time for a Friday night date night with my wife. She has been dying to see the Sex in the City sequal and even though I had no interest in going to see it, I figured I owed it (and a lot more) to her to go with her to see it. We both got dressed and headed out. She was all dolled up wearing a nice top, a pair of black capris and her black 3" stappy sandals. I was told that I would be wearing my black 4" stilleto knee boots and any outfit that I chose. I decided on a maroon v-neck t shirt and my black leather pants that are long enough to cover most of my heel. Sadly neither of us really enjoyed the movie, but it was still a fun and relaxing time for both of us. The evening ended with an awesome dinner at a local Italian restaraunt. As usual I have no idea if anyone saw or noticed my boots and I honestly dont care, granted they would have had to look pretty closely. It was a great night out with my wife and I'm happy that I didn't chicken out. Cheers, Jim

post-552-133522915006_thumb.jpg

NH Heels –

That is a nice looking outfit.

Concerning your comment “I have no idea if anyone saw or noticed my boots and I honestly dont care”, yes they did notice your boots but from the reaction you got, they don’t care either. Try pushing the envelope a little further and wear your boots over the leather pants. It is a great look but, it is a warm one so don’t try it on a hot sunny day. The black over black generates no contrast so people really do have to look the notice the boots. The boots over jeans look is also great, and a little cooler, bit the contrast gets a little more notice. Those are great looking boots, you ought to show them off.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Thanks guys for the positive feedback and suggestions. I haven't quite mustered up the courage to show off too much of my heels at least when wearing stilettos. I love the look of boots worn over jeans and would very much like to try it someday but right now it's just too much exposure for my comfort level. I do have a pair of black okn stiletto boots that definately look awesome over my leather jeans so maybe someday. If it weren't for the continued support of my wife and members of this forum, I probably wouldn't have come as far as I have. Thanks again!! Cheers, Jim

NH Heels –

One of my short sermons.

The public has become more tolerant of “things that are different” in general and guys wearing heels in particular. I am not advocating being complacent about where you go wearing heels but in general nobody gives a rip anymore. The exception is always the gaggle of giggling girls, and guys who’s knuckles drag the ground, but that’s a whole thread to itself.

Wearing heels in public is still something different enough to attract a little attention, but then if the wearer didn’t want to attract attention, why would they (guys or gals) wear them? After you learn how to walk in heels, then wearing them in public is a mind game, nothing more. And, it is a mind game you can win! The best analogy is stage freight; when you realize you are appearing before an audience and do not have confidence in your performance. That confidence only comes through practice and hard work (don’t under estimate the hard work part). The analogy continues in that once you have a successful performance, it gets easier and you want another one.

End of sermon.

Go fourth and show off your boots.

:)

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

NH Heels –

One of my short sermons.

The public has become more tolerant of “things that are different” in general and guys wearing heels in particular. I am not advocating being complacent about where you go wearing heels but in general nobody gives a rip anymore. The exception is always the gaggle of giggling girls, and guys who’s knuckles drag the ground, but that’s a whole thread to itself.

Wearing heels in public is still something different enough to attract a little attention, but then if the wearer didn’t want to attract attention, why would they (guys or gals) wear them? After you learn how to walk in heels, then wearing them in public is a mind game, nothing more. And, it is a mind game you can win! The best analogy is stage freight; when you realize you are appearing before an audience and do not have confidence in your performance. That confidence only comes through practice and hard work (don’t under estimate the hard work part). The analogy continues in that once you have a successful performance, it gets easier and you want another one.

End of sermon.

Go fourth and show off your boots.

:)

Excellent words.

The only distinction I would add is an awareness that there are actually different types of confidence: performance based and acceptance based.

Performance based confidence is when you've done something 200 times before so you know you will do well the 201st.

Acceptance confidence (which can be achieved by anyone regardless of skill level or experience) is when you become so fully engrossed in the present moment that there is no past...no future...no past self-image ...no future self-image...just a state where all your thoughts, feelings, and behaviors are thoroughly wrapped up in the present instant in time. By present I don't mean a time period like a week, or a month, or your current transitory stage (teenager, new homeowner, recently divorced, recently married, new career), I mean this exact very nano-second in time.

And this doesn't negate going back to the past to learn what works and what doesn't. Nor does it negate the need to visit the future and imagine your best self performing brightly and colorfully. So just as there is a time and place for visiting the past and imagining your future, there is a time and place for living in the exact present moment: when you step into public in your heels.

Just my two cents and by no means a rebuttal to TBG's amazing insights.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Just more from the experienced. However, as my primary flight instructor used to te me: "We can teach you all that we know but there are some things that just have to be learned by yourself. "

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

NH Heels, The support of your wife is great and fundamental. I wonder if going out to a GLBT club, or other such place where different styles are accepted and expected, may not be an option for you to wear your boots over your jeans, stiletto heels and all. It would be enormously fun!! HappyinHeels