I don't like my heels, because…

kobe08249

I don't like my heels, because…  

29 members have voted

1. 1. I don't like my heels, because…

• Height of the heels
    • Narrow tapered toes area and soles
    • Breaking off of the heels caught on uneven roads/ sidewalk wedges/cracks
    • Health concerns: chronic knee/back problems, sprained ankles...
    • Pair getting misplaced/separated
    • Difficult to identify and pick them up from a bunch or mix of many shoes

Not getting to wear them enough!

I don't mind wear and tear - just wish I had more time to wear them.

Amen to that! I'm hoping as more and more men everywhere wear high heels in public and on a regular basis, wearing high heels everywhere, anytime, anyplace, will be common place. Sometimes I see a pair of high heels that I might want to own, but the heel height or shape discourages me from buying and owning them.

Ditto Thighboots

Workplace is a no because of the product and safety, nuff said and considering damage can be inflicted in flats no argument.

Other than that give me (us) the time to be me (us) and accepted anywhere.

Public hangups are Race, Religion and Gender. Its getting better I think, be it slowly it's changing.

Al

Not getting to wear them enough!

I don't mind wear and tear - just wish I had more time to wear them.

I'll second that emotion!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Well sounds like we’ve got a few people minding the damage of the heels from place to place. Wouldn’t it be nice if you could actually buy replaceable heels, or maybe heels with adjustable heights? Does that sound like a crazy idea? (Imagine if the heels were designed meant to be broken, and then replaced by your own) And then you could use the $$$ you saved, perhaps, and buy new pair of heels. :chuckle:

The heels that I wear are those that I desire and want to wear, otherwise, why have the choice? There are material and stiletto properties that are prone to cracking, breakage, scaring, scratching and/or scraping, which diminishes the appearance of the heels. Cracking is especially true for stacked stilettos when inferior materials have been used. Our social attitude to look our best deters the wearing of damaged heels in public occasions or events. I am partial to a certain style of stiletto court shoes that constructively and visually support the whole area of the heel. Those heels that just support the very back of the foot look deformed to me no matter how artistic they present the footwear. These marginally supportive heel styles have been in fashion, lately. Obviously, there is a market for them, but not from this consumer usually.

Well I’m glad someone mentioning the type of heels that supports just mostly the back of the foot – to me improper construction could really cost damage to one’s foot. Speaking of damages - am I the only one worrying about long-term physical issues? Guess you don’t really feel it unless you absolutely wear your heels all the time! (Morning commute, work time, lunch break, Starbucks run, party, after party, home…)

What bothers me most is if I damage the heel. Which I,ve done on 2 pairs now.

I have found a huge difference in quality between the cheaper brands and more expensive ones. I have had many cheap heels break or come away from the sole, so now I only buy ones where the heel unit is actually part of the main shoe last. It means paying at least £60.00 a pair, but I find these far more comfortable and longer lasting. I also find that cloth covered heels get damaged much quicker than uncovered heels, and I am unable to repair the cloth, so these days I normally buy shoes and boots with black painted heels and I carry a felt tipped black stain pen that I got from a cobbler so that if I scuff the heel, it can be tidied up straight away, so that the heels always look good.

Speaking of damages - am I the only one worrying about long-term physical issues?

YES!!!

Well at least for me you are...I don't get enough time each day to wear heels long enough to have that worry.:chuckle:

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS

• 3 weeks later...

I find that damaging a heel in a sidewalk crack most disconcerting to me. I don't like to see white scratches on anyones heels, espeially mine. It smacks that the owner doesn't care about taking care of their shoes. I know that accidents happen, as they have happened to me over the years, but I like the heel to be mendable using a black magic marker of some kind to hide suck unlucky gouges. Then I cover the heel with a good coating of black shoe polsh and then follow up with a good brushing to a great shine. Then I defy you to spot the gouges when I'm wearing them. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Poor manufacturing quality and materials, leading to broken straps or heels is my main bug-bear. Close behind is the lack of awareness amongst manufacturers that a lot of women have broader feet, especially more mature ladies. A large number of them make narrow shoes as standard.

My last dislike - scuffs and scrapes, in many cases originating at the point of manufacture.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"