The most ridiculous shoes to ever appear on a catwalk?

euchrid

Well, I guess it was bound to happen. Since apparently so few people had seen ballet heels before the past year or so when Beyonce et al showed up wearing them publicly, someone was bound to come up with a copy for the runways. In order to keep any sense of resemblance to real ballet heels using platforms like that, they had to go way up on the heels. Of course the shoe is (barely) in proportion to itself, but compared to the wearer is more like bride of Frankenstein goes fetish shoe. I'm sure those are comfortable enough, but they seem a heck of a lot more dangerous than the real thing.

Must say though, I think the whole outfit looks pretty cool, otherworldly, animalistic in some cases but the shoes.......hmmm.......maybe doorstop vases. I agree with M-a, I usually like his stuff but not the shoes - this time. Mtnsofheels

Well, I guess it was bound to happen. Since apparently so few people had seen ballet heels before the past year or so when Beyonce et al showed up wearing them publicly, someone was bound to come up with a copy for the runways.

Those aren't ballet boots. Those are "just" huge platforms, with the top part of the bootie "blown up" with some decoration. Look how the models walk: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-bHdKABy-4

Ballet boot walking looks differently.

• 3 weeks later...

bone ugly. like 10 miles of bad texas backroads. the north end of a south-bound mule. the puckered part of a dog. (insert non-available "puking smiley" here)

society has decided that men will be confined to

certain items of clothing, and certain modes of

presentation.

until we rebel PERSONALLY against this, we are diminished!