first public outing in the daylight (not halloween)

wxman25

Well like the title says i did it! Last night i went to the local Payless and purchased one pair of pumps and one pair of boots. i was really looking for a pair of boots with a chunky heel that i could wear with jeans with no attention at this point. i liked the pumps but i had a feeling they were going to be too small. when i got home it was confirmed too small. they had to go back.

so today i decided theres no time like the present to return them. so i wore a nice polo pullover shirt carpenter jeans and my new boots. i drove down to the store and i was nervous. i took a deep breath and stepped inside. Tile floor all the way the register! a girl came over and asked would like to exchange them or return them. i told her they were about half a size to small; and these are the largest size they had. she said no problem and give me my money. then she said i need you to fill out this return slip. i was so nervous i could barely write. it looked like a stroke victims writing (i mean no offense) but the girl just stood there and when i got done she smiled at me and we both said our good-byes and i left. I'm still shaking a little from the experience. but no one seemed to care and i know they heard the shoes when i walked in and when i left. so thats my story. here are the shoes i bought and the pumps i returned

http://www.payless.com/store/product/detail.jsp?skuId=068641080&productId=64506&subCatId=cat10270&catId=cat10088&lotId=068641&category=&catdisplayName=Womens+

http://www.payless.com/store/product/detail.jsp?skuId=071676100&productId=66142&subCatId=cat10045&catId=cat10088&lotId=071676&category=&catdisplayName=Womens+

I remember adventures like yours. It does get easier once you become confident in your look. The more nervous you’re the more attention you will attract. Next time, take a deep breath, let it out, put on your best “Hello World” face and go out and enjoy yourself. By the way… nice boots.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

wman25, Shame the pumps didn't fit, but that's the way it goes. The boots are fine and although they are noisier that your used too, they will not really raise much attention precisely becuase they are a block style. Wear these often and you will feel that there is no problem at all with sub 3" block heels worn by guys. The issue comes when you go over 3" and get thinner heels. Save this sort of heels for special occasions, or just saturday nights down the nightclub where you'll find they are perfect and for many make a perfect chick magnet. Simon

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

...then she said i need you to fill out this return slip...

I remember that when I did my first return to Payless. Felt more like I was applying for a job, vs returning a $20 pair of shoes, for all the information they wanted from you.

...also they are 3 inch heels. i guess the smaller sizes have a lower heel

That's possible. Another thread I posted on recently, for the original poster's size 12 shoe, the heel was 1/2" higher than what was listed on website. [That's about the only benefit of having larger feet.]

Howdy,

Way to go on your outing.

Bummer the pumps didn't fit. I love mine - the size 12W pair mentioned jwhite44. :-)

Larry

i'm like a perfect 12 1/2. i kinda knew they would be too small but had to give it a shot

I remember adventures like yours. It does get easier once you become confident in your look. The more nervous you’re the more attention you will attract. Next time, take a deep breath, let it out, put on your best “Hello World” face and go out and enjoy yourself.

By the way… nice boots.

Congratulations to you on your venture. This is such good advice from TBG. I recently went into a store wearing 5" stiletto high heels that I had not been into before. There were many people in the store and for some reason I stared to get nervous and apprehensive. I took a breath, held my head up, and went about my business. When I left the store, I was grinning ear to ear. Good luck on future outings.

Congratulations on your first outing! The first few outings are truly a "learning" experience. I too recall when nerves would eat me up when I was out, but the more you do it the less those intense feelings pop up. Though I go out in heels a lot, I still get nervous, but it is quite easy to move past them now. I hope this experience will lead to more if you desire and you find true joy in wearing heels where you want and when you want!

Style is built from the ground up!