Looking for advice

lotsofheels

a very sensitive topic...

in my eyes: the later the better... Some trials for sure do not harm, also learning to recognize what fits where is important but high heels are no healthy shoes, and it is not only about feet but about the whole body.

if they like high heels in their adult age at 18 and decide to wear them it still will be very fast to learn walking reasonable heights easily but the attitude will be ...well *adult* and their feet healthier for the whole life to come...

.... My wife however, has a professional background in medicine and is cognizant of the effects that wearing high heels at a very young age can have on their development....

would you mind writing more?

I guess her opinion might be the most *basical* here...

Little kids in high heels just look absurd in my opinion. Fine for occasional fancy dress games or a party. When I see little girls wearing heels I shudder at the thought of what's happening to their feet and spine. I also doubt the integrity of the parents. When a girl becomes a teenager then I guess it's out of the control of the parents but I still think it looks horrible.

well I believe it is anyway very difficult for parents to find the right way, to recognize whats right whats wrong... as somebody already wrote here- for some things you might forbid but the children would do it when you don´t see them... so doing it *controlled* might be more reasonable, it depends... generally, as already said, I agree and I think even teenager should not wear high heels.

Heels are a very nice kind of drug. But like any other kind of drug, you should be aware of the side effects. And as responsible parents, you would not either give your 6 year old kids coffee and beer to drink or light them a cigarette. Therefor - you should not allow your kids to wear heels, before they had grown up, either.

LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR SHORT HEELS!

My wife and I have just had this conversation lately and sought the advice of a good friend of ours who is a doctor and a woman. Our information is similar to a few here. Our decision is that our 7 Yr old daughter can wear heels such as she gets from the Disney store, which rather small heels sparingly. Which works now as she is onto to something new pretty quickly anyway. Anything larger will wait until most of the bones in her foot have finished growing, then pretty much she will be home free, with exceptions of making sure she learns the proper usage of them, alternating them with flats, learning the consequences of continuous high heel wearing, etc.