heels for dudes --- yea or nay

bootluvr

Heels for Dudes? No--- if you are pairing with Timberland boots. Yes if you are pairing with a pair of womens heeled boots, pants inside or outside. It can look good on either a man or a woman. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

This guy is saying "We can't recommend the heels look -- it's just not functional enough for menswear"

Not functional enough....Why ? Who are they do decide ?

He also forgot to say that they look MUCH better than our ugly men's shoes and boots !

Hey, they say that these are made for men so I would believe that they are men's boots. I like the look of them and would like a pair. Sorry if the shape resembles a woman's shoe. I see every where menswear inspired, boyfriend jeans ect. so why not, alas something for the guys!

Some how I think this titled question is referring to the more feminine styled high heels, because the larger block (some with tapering) heels are already considered the "manly" footwear style. So, the real reference is toward the thinner, slenderer, and sculped heels, like stilettos for dudes. In this same vane of thought, what about block high heels for gals? Would this cause them to be "manly"? (Pausing to let you process data) So why would dudes be feminine in stilettos? (More pausing (OOP! wake up!)) Maybe the reason could be that dudes haven't always been publicly pursuing to wear high heels as part of their social attire for the past few centuries. There may have been some short lived fads to do so. However on the whole, society promotes the idea that men are subnormal people, if they exhibited any feminine tendencies, even though femininity is also part of the male nature. A tomboy isn't scorned. So why should a male, who has an effeminate personality be ridiculed. Both are performing as to who they are.

Why not! After all we have been yearning for acceptance and a designer has produced a boot for us - I think. I tried to find them on Stuart Weitzman's web page no such luck. Has anyone seen or know where to find these? The true test is would you wear it despite the style? Even as 1st try by a designer if he asked you to? I would, I would even buy a pair if I could find them. Maybe it is just a tease...... Mtnsofheels

Don't get too excited guys... this article goes back to January and it is clear that it was a one off. they won't be in the shops any time soon. Did you notice how the only comment was from a spammer? lol

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Every time I see an article about "heels for men" in the media, it's always of the type of heels men are least likely to get away with wearing in public. It doesn't matter whether it's on the runway, in some fashion spread, or the link to the spike-heel knee-boot of the OP. Same thing - heeled to the extreme. Well, most male heel-wearers aren't heeled to the extreme. From the few times I've seen other men wearing heels, they've been more on the conservative side. I heel on the conservative side. I know some don't, but that's beside the point. The point is that pushing the extreme doesn't help male heeling. Perhaps that's merely a "shock" tactic of fashion designers and article writers who are not at all serious about male heeling, but instead are focused solely on increasing their readership/attention.... ...to the detriment of the male heeling cause. Here's a thought: Stop paying them attention, except for negative attention, and then in a positive, constructive manner, such as "male heelers abound - but not with the "shock jock" approach of your fashion show/news article/magazine spread. Please tune into the reality of male heel wearing and present it as it is, in a manner supportive of the cause, rather than as it's not and in a manner which casts ridicule on the cause. Thanks." Just my thoughts...

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.