Helpful Salesgirls

keels

I have actually been encouraged by salsgirls in two branches of Brantano to try on heels in the shop and they even suggested some styles they thought might be suitable for me. Has anyone had a similar experience, if so where?

I have actually been encouraged by salsgirls in two branches of Brantano to try on heels in the shop and they even suggested some styles they thought might be suitable for me. Has anyone had a similar experience, if so where?

Yes I have had very good luck with sales help at Bakers and Aldo's. Every time I walk past Aldo's the sales girl tries to get me to try on a new pair that she thinks I might like. Last weekend my wife and I were browsing and I was looking at a pair of patent mj's on the sale rack. They were to small so she called around and found a pair in my size, told me but not on sale. Told me to go get them, bring them to her and she would discount me the differenc.:winkiss:

real men wear heels

Probably the most helpful sales lady I encountered was at Aldo. There was a pair of wedge sandals I liked, and when I asked for my size, she came back and said they only had an 8. Without missing a beat, she had already figured out they were for me and asked if I would l like to try the 8 anyway. She asked if I needed a foot sock, but I had brought mine. We both agreed that they were a little small, but she thought they looked nice. So she went over to her computer, and found out the 9 was still available for order. She took the order, gave me the phone number to call to check on the status, and even commented that she was jealous that I had small feet since she wore a 10. Certainly she didn't act like it was unusual for a guy to be buying heels, seemed encouraging of it, hoped I enjoy them, told me to come back if they end up too big, and said to come again soon.

Oh, where to begin! First I concur totally with Johnieheel and Radiodave, both of which I have had the pleasure of shopping with in person. Aldo and Bakers are fantastic places normally, though I was at an Aldo earlier today and the clerk wasn't terribly helpful, but that can be hit or miss depending on who you get. At the NE Ohio Heel Meet last October, John and Dave and the rest of us really took the store by storm and the staff was very helpful and seemed to enjoy our presence. The Baker's I frequent will bring me all of the 11's that have come in recently for me to try and we will chat about styles, shoes, going out etc. This is really fun for me since the girls are half my age and don't treat me kine an old man. I go to a Bandolino store where the manager and will actually try on shoes with me when the store is slow. She gave me her card on my second visit and told me to call her if there was a style I wanted or just to see if anything new has come in. I don't go back too often becuase their selection seems to have really narrowed in the last few months. Another place I buy a lot of shoes in a Nine West outlet. The manager there and I have become pretty good acquaintances and I will go to the store just for a visit even if I am not looking for anything specific at the moment. She will email me personally if there are styles that she thinks I would like and even saves back size 11's for up to a week, just in case I came in. I also stop in occasionally at a self serve store called "The Shoe Department." They seldom have anything that I like, but the clerks there are always friendly always like to chat with me about something. I also have a lot of supportive clerks at clothing stores who are always ready to suggest clothes. I seldom go shopping while NOT wearing heels anymore. So, clerks usually know that I am looking for me when I go into a new store. Also, a lot (too much) of my heeling revolves around shopping, largely because so many clerks in different stores make shopping such a pleasant experience and are such nice people that I love to go just for a visit.

Style is built from the ground up!

HappyFeat summed it up nicely. I have also had good experiences at Baker's and Macy's. Stores like those tend to have pricier shoes, and hence, more commission for the sales staff. If they make good commission, they don't want to risk offending anyone, especially if you go there multiple times and they recognize you. Still, it's nice when they seem genuinely enthusiastic about making a sale without any concern about me being a guy. Even better when they make comments that sound genuine and not just because they were looking for something to say. I forget who on this forum mentioned it, but they had said they asked one associate if they got many men buying women's shoes, thinking they were the only one, and the associate said that they did actually get men trying them on for themselves. I can say that more often there's no question of who I'm buying them for, and rarely do I get one who asks "Are these for your wife/girlfriend?". Then again, maybe I should take HappyFeat's approach and buy shoes while wearing heels more often. That should pretty much eliminate any question :winkiss:.

Most of the time at Payless Shoes, almost all of the clerks have asked me what I was looking for. When I tell them, they show me where the high heels in my size are located and show me where I can sit down and try them on. I have walked out of several Payless Shoes wearing the high heels that I bought. Only a couple of occasions the young salesgirls seemed flustered when I tried on the high heels, walked around in them, and asked if they didn't mind me wearing them out of the store.

The Payless sales girls in the Louisville Ky area are the greatest!! When I shop for heels they always seem to be helpful and are eager to see me try the shoes on and walk in them. When I find a pair I want and not in my size they do the lot locater. If they find them in the area they call the store that has them and have them hold them for me. They have never made any bad remarks or browbeat me over buying womens shoes. I would recomend to everyone in here to try one of the Louisville stores if your in the areaor just passing through. Bluegrass

I have been Banned for emailing abuse to tech when he tried to help me.

first: be open minded second: be well dressed ....than: enter the the shop - my experience: .: upscale is better than discount .: early mo.-th. afternoon is better than weekend rush hour .: (pre)styled - already wearing high/mid heels - is a clear statement this is my experience out of 50+ times buying heels & 20+ shops. i never had bad looks or comments. sorry: no bad experience :winkiss:

Was in Faith in Reading this week, the 2 young ladies there were really helpful, not freaked out at all. Shame they didn't have any shoes I liked :silly: New Look let you get on wth it, but are helpful if you need them. Dune are always great, my favourite shop. Bless 'em :winkiss:

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

Just bought a pair of red patent leather stilettos size 42 at LKBennett in Regent Street, London.The salesgirl said "Are they a present?" and I said "Yes, for me". She was charming and asked if I wanted to try them on. I walked out in them!

I've posted this previously but hey that was a thread somewhere else,

Faith again in Portsmouth males are welcome and can try on in the store backroom if privacy is required. Just nosing at the time and the offer was put forward during conversation.

Newlook

in Portsmouth is so cramped = don't bother appalling stock holding.

Bognor Regis, Chichester, Fareham and Gosport good sizes and wide stock.

Southampton huge store but very busy. I've bought (not tried on) in BR, F and G always helpful, some watchful customers giving the sniggers when I was buying for the girls in Fareham nearly went OTT to challenge them but could not be bothered due to time. For the staff at the checkouts it's just another sale! Some of the youngsters don't believe men wear heels.

Matalan

Good stock at Waterlooville, poor in Portsmouth but with amazingly helpful staff - phoned all local stores (30 mile radius) for a sale item - nil stock:cry1:

That's my experience locally, never had any negatives at the tills, had

"I used to wear this height but now I'm too old" (40 ish)

"for you?"

"these are nice, I must go and look later"

My answers vary depending on how I perceive the questioner.

Al

I probably bought 50 or 60 pairs in stores. Each time I try on at least 3 or 4 pairs, so that is a couple hundred shoes I tried on in stores ! Never really had a bad reaction in the store. Overwhelmingly the sales staff is helpful and supportive. I many cases I even get nice compliments from other customers and we engage in show discussions. On rare occasions I get a customer who can't get over it and keeps on staring. But that is rare and when it happens I actually enjoy it. Best stores for me have been Nine West stores. Occasionally also Bakers and Aldos. I always wear heels when going in. Just go and do it.