Thousands of Shoes

Magickman

According to the Miami Herald, police in Miami, Florida said thousands of used work boots, bath slippers, tennis sneakers, beach sandals, even pairs of in-line skates, all inexplicably materialized shortly before 8 a.m. Friday on the Palmetto Expressway, disrupting traffic for hours. A private contractor had to be hired to pick up the sea of soles and deposit them at an empty field near the U.S. 441 exit off I-95. A non-profit group plans to distribute the shoes in Haiti. My question: How did this happen?

Here's a link to the story.

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Thousands-shoes-snarl-Miami-traffic/ss/events/us/010209miamishoes

I think Dr. Shoe, Bubbaheels and Bluegrass conspired to do this! Probably with assists from Henri (technical assistant), StilettoScott (artistic helper), LatinDancer (geographic enabler) and of course, our very own "Lex Luthor", Kneehighs!! (ha ha)

Ihappened to be watching Fox News cable network when they broadcast a feature about this. Even showed the highway workers trying to clear pairs of shoes out of one of lane to get one lane open for traffic. Really amusing and I wonder what happened and who did it.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

It almost seems like it was done deliberately since nobody has come forward and admitted the deed. I would think if the shoes fell off a truck then somebody would miss them.

Have a happy time!

Was Roz moving her shoes again?:welcome:

Gosh, that thought never occurred to me. However, if she was, she could have asked for help from some of the members here. I, for one, would have willingly lent her a helping hand. :thumbsup:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Here's a link to the story.

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Thousands-shoes-snarl-Miami-traffic/ss/events/us/010209miamishoes

I think Dr. Shoe, Bubbaheels and Bluegrass conspired to do this! Probably with assists from Henri (technical assistant), StilettoScott (artistic helper), LatinDancer (geographic enabler) and of course, our very own "Lex Luthor", Kneehighs!! (ha ha)

I don't own any inline skates (preferring the traditional "sport" variety), 1 pair of sneakers (which I still own) and none of the other styles so not guilty. Had they been heels, then I would be checking my closets again...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Somebody said that there were thousands of pairs on the highway. That is way too much for them to have fallen off of a truck I would think. It appears that this was done deliberately, but how would they have time between traffic to do this? And they don't have a single clue who done it. I have heard of it raining fishes or frogs, but never shoes. Weird happening. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Good thing Bush wasn't walking by at that time.:welcome: These people really do need mental help.:thumbsup: Somebody needs to tell them that one particular finger held up will do just fine. They don't have to throw away there shoes.:winkiss:

real men wear heels

Humm! Reading that article I noted that one of the demonstrations reported had an estimated 25,000 protesters demanding that the English Government force the Israelis to stop bombing the Palestinians. 25,000 demonstrators. It isn't any wonder that I read recently where English courts are going to incorporate some elements of Sheria law into the UK legal system. In 10 years, everyone in the UK will either be practicing Muslims or dead.:thumbsup:

This is EXACTLY what came into my mind when I saw the first post.

But If this is the case here, the high heels shoes don't belong there...