At the night club, changing shoes for heels.

morpho

Was wondering all this time since I made my first out in public last halloween, I wear with a dress and everything on my normal mens black shoes for me to be able to walk and cross the streets in case i chicken out, but once i arrived to the club, i changed them to th boots 5inch stilletos will publish the picture later. I had fun but still felt a little shy even it was halloween night. see my post. I wonder now if i will have the guts to do that again but in my casual outfit, mens look, taking my boots in a backpack and changing them in the restroom, For sure the place to do this would be a gay club, becasue otherwise i will be the object of the night. My problem is that i dont want to be recognized, i dont care being in a gay bar, people are nice and understanding, but in case that there is a friend of mine that just happen to meet friends there and bust me in 5inch shoes, it may make me to feel very bad, im not ready to confess to anyone, and actually not willing to do that with my friends or family. The reason I think is a nice oportunity to be considered as an out in public, is becasue the crowd make hides the feet and none is looking to the shoes unless, you are really looking and admiring, in that case the men that will notice even a friend, will also confess indirectly that he like the shoes, then no problem. Any experience doing this? what are the odds to have a bad experience?

V. Morpho

For sure the place to do this would be a gay club, becasue otherwise i will be the object of the night.

I doubt you will be "the object of the night" as you describe it. Especially at some club people won't care that much. In general I think the bigger the city is, the easier to be accepted in any club. "My" city is just a quarter of million people and at clubs just about anything goes.

But I agree that the gay club might be even more accepting.

I work as a bouncer at a club I've always frequented. We have a coat room, and when I'm not working, and want to wear my 6"ers (that I don't want to wear in the street for 4 blocks from the parking spot I have to use), I simply change and put my regular shoes in the coat room. No problem. Yes, while Gay clubs typically are much more open to guys who wear heels (for obvious reasons), most clubs will be dark, and the staff courteous anywhere. Simply bring your heels in and ask the bouncer where you could stash your men's shoes after you change. They will be more than helpful regardless of the kind of club you go to.

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

My problem is that i dont want to be recognized,

No matter how long you've been wearing heels openly in public there is always a chance that you will run into someone that you know. If you are uncertain to a point of "fear" then you have no business wearing your heels outside of your house.

As I, and a lot of others, have said. The first time is the most difficult. And, each time it gets easier and you finally reach a point where you actually forget that you are wearing "girls shoes." However, the chances of you meeting someone you know while in heels doesn't get any less with the number of outings you take.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

...the chances of you meeting someone you know while in heels doesn't get any less with the number of outings you take.

Yup. In fact, mathematically speaking, your chances actually increase.

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

So---Sooner than later, someone you know will see you in heels and then the cat will be out of the bag. By then, you will be an old hand at it and you can feel comfortable telling them that you prefer wearing them to boring men's shoes. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

So---Sooner than later, someone you know will see you in heels and then the cat will be out of the bag. By then, you will be an old hand at it and you can feel comfortable telling them that you prefer wearing them to boring men's shoes.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

This is good advice. Remember it is your own personal state of being that determines how you feel about street heeling. As I and others have said in previous posts, take your time, plan your places where you want to wear high heels in public, and proceed at your pace. And good luck to you and I hope you have good times.

I ve been thinking...... that wearing shoes that are not pointy and heel not spike or stilleto, is very easy to wear in a club with long pants is very discrete even if they are a 4.5chunky heel hight. but wearing a spike and pointy shoe is what im looking for, it may grab some atention right? therefore, many people will notice the guy in womens shoes and chances to meet someone, wearing heels is somewhat easy, i agree, the question now, how to get less noticeable then? Totally In femme? assuming that the silluette is kind of masculin and people will quickly get there is a drag. but in a gay bar is common so maybe wont pay much atention who is he or she? Or trying to hide the shoes within a long pants while in casual mens attire? How would you guys prefered to do if it would be your very first time, try to remember the fear that naturaly all of us have or had.

V. Morpho

Yup. In fact, mathematically speaking, your chances actually increase.

Actually, the eventuality increases, but NOT your chances. Your chances will stay the same each time.

Saying this, I would think your best bet would be to wear pants which you could roll up during your trip in the club. So to help your chances of staying incognito while enjoying the experience:

1. Going to a gay club.

2. Bring your heels (nice spiked ones which you like) in a box to the club.'

3. Change into them while you're already in the club keeping your pants over the shoe until you are ready to show.

4. Have a few drinks. After a few, you will see the truth that noone cares! :w00t2:

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

How would you guys prefered to do if it would be your very first time, try to remember the fear that naturaly all of us have or had.

Do whatever you feel looks best on you. The more natural it looks and feels to you, the more positive people will respond (if at all...)

If you think "O, my, don't I look silly", people will look at you being silly. If you think "Hey, look at me being courageous" people will look at you being courageous. (I believe that's called the Law of Attraction.)

If you are more comfortable in 2" block heels try that first (and see how nobody really cares). The more comfortable you are, the better.

One of my first experiences wearing high heels in public was to a gay dance club. I am not gay, but I new about the club and I wanted to dance in high heels. Everyone loved my high heels and I had a fun time, though explaining to everyone that I wasn't gay. I just enjoyed wearing high heels. It was an enjoyable evening and a good first experience in high heels in public.

I think a crowded night club is the best place to NOT get noticed - once you get past the as you are walking in stage. When I go in, I'll plan it to walk in right behind another group - as I certainly stand out at 6'8" in my heels.

I guess that is one advantage to being 5'9" tall. In 5" high heels I stand 6'2" tall and not that noticeable in a crowd.