I Think I'm Going to Take the Plunge

SandalFan

Sandal Fan; Great looking boot. I just might go and take a look myself this week but I prefer a taller shaft (knee high) with a 5" heel. More important is ARE THEY COMFORTABLE? Question: Do your boots feel like they give you good ankle support?

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS

Great looking boot. I just might go and take a look myself this week but I prefer a taller shaft (knee high) with a 5" heel. More important is... Do your boots feel like they give you good ankle support?

Thanks. Yeah, they have excellent ankle support. Very soft, very flexible.

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

Last night, I wore my new ankle boots to the video store, to pick up a copy of Iron Man. If anyone noticed, they didn't say anything. I can't be sure, but I think I got my first negative reaction on my way back out. As I was exiting the store, I walked past a couple who immediately snickered amongst themselves. I didn't turn to face them, choosing instead to just continue minding my own business and enjoy the stroll back to my car, but I'm fairly certain their reaction was directed at me. I'm going to see Ghost Town, tomorrow afternoon. I'm going to wear my heels to the theater, and will post about my experience when I return.

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

Last night, I wore my new ankle boots to the video store, to pick up a copy of Iron Man. If anyone noticed, they didn't say anything.

I can't be sure, but I think I got my first negative reaction on my way back out. As I was exiting the store, I walked past a couple who immediately snickered amongst themselves. I didn't turn to face them, choosing instead to just continue minding my own business and enjoy the stroll back to my car, but I'm fairly certain their reaction was directed at me.

I'm going to see Ghost Town, tomorrow afternoon. I'm going to wear my heels to the theater, and will post about my experience when I return.

When that happens to me, I usually try to ask if them a question like, wrong color? Or what ever pops into my mind. I have noticed that a lot of times, they aren't even looking at my and are involved in something totally different. Try not be so self conscious. That was my problem for a long time until I figured out that most of the time it wasn't me they were looking at.

real men wear heels

Try not be so self conscious.

Indeed.

What a great site = fetish for high heels! The botts in the middle from Payless are the ones I just bought - they are so comfortable and the heel is almost 4 inch in a size 11. Thanks for posting that site

Hello, everyone! I just returned from the movie. Hilarious flick, by the way! It's so incredibly refreshing to see a comedy that's devoid of toilet humor. I much prefer subtle humor in the form of well-written, cleverly-delivered dialogue, sight gags, terrific acting... and Ghost Town has it all in spades! I've got a friend I've known since High School. He's my best friend, he's gay, he was my Best Man at my wedding, and he's known about my shoe fetish for years now. Earlier this week, I told him about my first outing in heels, and showed him this thread. It's the first time he's even seen me in heels himself, as I've never worn them around him. Seeing movies has been our favorite past time since we first met. The other day, I asked him if he'd feel comfortable being around me in public if I wore my new boots to the theater today. He said he was completely cool with it. Before going to the theater, my wife had us run to the store for a quick errand. Once done with that, we were off to the theater. For two hours, we laughed our asses off while I sat with one foot propped up against the empty chair in front of me and one foot resting on the floor, occasionally alternating positions between the two, and it felt absolutely wonderful! On the way home, we got to talking about the experience. I told him how amazed I continue to be that, if anyone does notice, they don't say anything, at all. They simply don't care, and that's just fine by me. He commented that he actually didn't notice anyone looking at me, either at the grocery story or the theater. Overall, it was a terrific afternoon capped by an absolutely fantastic movie!

SandalFan, sounds like you had another great time. Curious to what length pants you wore this time (how much of the heel was exposed).

Also, how are you finding the fit of the boots? As you wear them more, if there are tight, do you find them being more uncomfortable; or, are they starting to get broken in, and feel better? I'm still waiting for them to arrive in my ship to store order.

I can't be sure, but I think I got my first negative reaction on my way back out. As I was exiting the store, I walked past a couple who immediately snickered amongst themselves. I didn't turn to face them, choosing instead to just continue minding my own business and enjoy the stroll back to my car, but I'm fairly certain their reaction was directed at me.

The first time I heard some "snickers," I just turned and smiled at them and said, "good morning and have a nice day!"

Curious to what length pants you wore this time (how much of the heel was exposed).

Same length I've always worn - 30in - and most of the heel is exposed.

Also, how are you finding the fit of the boots?

They fit wonderfully - just like gloves. The pain that I felt the first day I wore them stemmed more from my never having walked that much in heels than the newness of the boots.

SandalFan, don't know if you saw my post in the Payless thread, but I finally got my Raven Platform Lace Up's. Like you, highly impressed by them, and also like you, the fit seems to be great. Just an awesome boot. I definitely need some practice walking in them, for me they're a lot different than walking in pumps.

I could almost see myself going out in public in these, though unlike you, I'd want to get a pair of pants with a much longer length.

On the way home, we got to talking about the experience. I told him how amazed I continue to be that, if anyone does notice, they don't say anything, at all. They simply don't care, and that's just fine by me. He commented that he actually didn't notice anyone looking at me, either at the grocery story or the theater.

Seems like you are having some great outings and having a lot of fun doing it. That's exactly how it should be, not only with heeling, but with life in general. But it is my experience that life is so much better in heels.

Actually, I am going through a phase where I want to attract attention. Even in doing this, people STILL don't seem to notice or care very much. I am pretty much over negative comments and laughter, etc. I want to find some positive attention, but in the end the most positive attention may be none at all.

Style is built from the ground up!

SandalFan, don't know if you saw my post in the Payless thread, but I finally got my Raven Platform Lace Up's.

Just read it. Grats!

I definitely need some practice walking in them, for me they're a lot different than walking in pumps.

Yeah, I love the ankle support they provide, though I can understand how awkward they might feel to someone not akin to wearing boots. :winkiss:

Negative reactions? I've worn spike boots, hh clogs, pumps and Mary Janes. The only apparant negative response came when I was wearing clogs. GUY'S CLOGS. A sidewalk vendor with bad dentures (he was selling "rozeth, come buy thum rozeth") ("roses, come buy some roses") snorted as I walked by. I neither said nor did anything, because I knew that I clearly out-classed him, having a bachelor's degree :winkiss: and a real occupation. Come to think of it, there was one other response; I would not interpret it as negative. I was wearing low-cut "skimmers" while shopping, when a guy deceided to smile and say "hi". I kept shopping. The above-mentioned clogs were Bastads, with a "penny-loafer" style vamp. I still have them, but they are very worn. I keep looking on e-bay for a new pair.(Style no longer made.) Nearly all of my shooz (except boots and pumps) are open-back; I like the open-feel. I have Harley knock-off motorcycle boot-style open-backs, open-back Mary-Janes, and even a pair of guy's semi-formal backless slip-on's from WILD PAIR. (Remember them?)

Great outing, Sandalfan. You'll find that each time you wear your boots that they will become more comfortable and user friendly and you will not want to take them off. I especially like the ankle support of a great fitting boot. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

We should change the thread title to "SandalFan's Plunges":>) You are having fun, that's for sure. What is also fun is to have a friend watch from a few feet away and tell you about all the attention OR lack thereof that you are attracting. Like when in a burger joint I walked by two employees, wearing 5" lace-up knee boots under my pants, making my way to the lavatory. I walked around the corner and out of sight when both girls started snickering and pointed my direction. My wife watched the whole thing unfold, when she told me about it in the car I thought it was hilarious.

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS

I like Burger King for salads and for the Original Chicken Sandwich (chicken puck or patty). Those can't be found everywhere any more. Burgers are better from In-n-Out or Jack in the Box.

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a month since I started street-heeling, and it gets easier and more exciting every time I do it. I'm expressing myself in a way I often fantasized about, but always refrained from for fear of public reaction. I've made several outings since starting this thread - though I haven't bothered documenting them all - and I couldn't be happier to discover, time and time again, that my fears were completely unfounded. I'd like to share with you a couple of pictures I took tonight, of the outfit I wore to the theater this afternoon, to see Max Payne. The jeans and T-shirt are my day-to-day attire. The coat is an 1800's style Rifle Coat by Wahmaker. As for the nail polish, I'm a Goth Metalhead, and have worn black nail polish as part of my overall look, since my early 20's. The movie was pretty run-of-the-mill for an action flick, but I loved the video game it was based on, and was really impressed by how accurately they depicted some of the locations from the game. As with all of my other outings, if anyone at the theater noticed my heels, they didn't say or do anything. :winkiss:

post-2099-133522870866_thumb.jpg

post-2099-133522870872_thumb.jpg

Sandalfan, Congtatulations on your first street heel. Mine was a few years back, but I have been to uneasy to do it lately, as I have lost intrest in the complete femme look. I feel the complete look is less noticable (if your wig and make-up are convincing, and then no one cares if they see a woman in heels. My issue now is getting the nerve to wear my heels, similar to the ones in my avatar, with my mens clothing. I am too nervous that it will look too unnatural, even though I have gotten quite well at walking in them. Congtats again, and good luck to you in your future heeling adventures.:winkiss:

Great pics...

Thanks!

... but I see there are crutches in the corner behind you. Careful not to fall off your heels again! Just kidding.

hehehe...

Actually, those belong to my wife. She used them until she became bedridden a few years ago.

Keep up the good progress!

Definitely!

Good on you and a great look over all.

Thank you. :winkiss:

Congtatulations on your first street heel.

Thanks!

Mine was a few years back, but I have been to uneasy to do it lately, as I have lost intrest in the complete femme look.

Understandable. I would imagine going total femme would feel rather awkward. I've never had any interest in it myself. Just the heels for me, thank you.

My issue now is getting the nerve to wear my heels, similar to the ones in my avatar, with my mens clothing.

Good luck with that. Unless you wear Khaki, I can't imagine any kind of men's fashion being able to match those shoes.

Congtats again, and good luck to you in your future heeling adventures.

Thank you. :nervous:

Great look. I have the same heels if those are the Payless ankle boots.

Thanks. If your's are the Raven Platforms, then they are the same boots.

Love your hair too (what I can see of it in the pictures).

Thank you. I find it a bit ironic that I have no qualms wearing heels in public anymore, but I'm somehow reluctant to post pictures of my wearing them with my face showing.

It's been a month since I started street-heeling, and it gets easier and more exciting every time I do it. I'm expressing myself in a way I often fantasized about, but always refrained from for fear of public reaction. I've made several outings since starting this thread - though I haven't bothered documenting them all - and I couldn't be happier to discover, time and time again, that my fears were completely unfounded.

I'd like to share with you a couple of pictures I took tonight, of the outfit I wore to the theater this afternoon, to see Max Payne. The jeans and T-shirt are my day-to-day attire. The coat is an 1800's style Rifle Coat by Wahmaker. As for the nail polish, I'm a Goth Metalhead, and have worn black nail polish as part of my overall look, since my early 20's.

The movie was pretty run-of-the-mill for an action flick, but I loved the video game it was based on, and was really impressed by how accurately they depicted some of the locations from the game.

As with all of my other outings, if anyone at the theater noticed my heels, they didn't say or do anything.

:winkiss:

Congratulations on your street heeling experience. You sound like many of us as far as the more times wearing high heels in public, the more fun and comfortable it is. And you start thinking of the different places you can go wearing high heels in public. And your outfit and high heels combination looks great.

• 2 weeks later...

I did some public heeling today in the Payless Raven Platforms that I own (the shoe SandalFan started this thread with). As others have posted, they are a very pleasant boot to walk in. They look great and feel great. For me, heel noise isn't too bad. One thing I'm not sure how to explain is the perceived heel height. I've been out in public (shopping malls) with my Payless Twist Bootine's. I thought I walked pretty well in them (trying to be discreet), and I'd like to think I was passable (didn't appear to be in high heels). However while walking around in the Raven boots (my walk was around 10min around my neighborhood), while I didn't have any phyical issues walking in them, what I kept thinking was, "I'll never never be passable with these in public". My walk felt just too exaggerated to not get attention (something I don't want). I thought this was due to the Raven boot having a much higher heel. However, looking at my original Payless thread post, that's not the case. The Bootine has a 3 3/4" heel, where the Raven's is only 4 1/4", and with a 1/2" platform. Doesn't that effectively make the heel heights the same? If so, should I notice that much difference in walking? Maybe more practice walking around my neighborhood with them (it's an area that's relatively dark and usually not many people around) will both build my expertise in walking with them, as well as being more comfortable in public with them. I really like the way they look and feel (I've had them on for 10hrs now, almost don't want to take them off).

jwhite44, While the heel "lift" height is the same, 3 3/4", the ½" platform on one pair does alter the way you walk a little bit. The addition of the platform attached to the sole, makes the balance slightly off and you tend to walk more "flatfooted (heel and toe onto the ground at the same time). It's really not a biggy but it does take some "gettenusedto." :winkiss:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.