Iris Schieferstein animal's boots !

danielp6406

I Don't see what all the noise is about. As mentioned in one of the commentaries, there is no fundamental difference between this and a pair of leather boots. Also we have discussions about pony boots where people are trying so make things look a little bit like this. It is just that people are not used to this. Every year many horses are killed for eating. In France they even have special butcher shops for horse meat. So one recognizable piece that would otherwise be thrown away is being used and everybody freaks out. From now on you should only buy plastic shoes I think. It is not that I would buy them. They are not my taste. But that holds for many other shoes and boots that I see (also on this site) and that other people like very much. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

CHILL OUT. It's only art. Plus Germany has a massive history of hunting and taxidermy. What's the problem? Shafted, What do you mean by another messed up German designer? That's a fairly bold statement.

Shafted, What do you mean by another messed up German designer? That's a fairly bold statement.

Messed up was probably a poor choice of words, but Karl Lagerfeld was coming to mind. While a very good designer he has on occasion put forth some really bizarre stuff or done some really bizarre stuff. Still I suspect these would be the ultimate pony boot/shoes for fetishist.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I´d say it was a good marketing idea. So I will know her name now too, even if it is hard to take those shoes seriosly. but it was not her intention anyway, I think.

Kind of funny, but not really meant to be worn, I suppose. And for the material used, nothing wrong here. Horse hide gives a high quality leather, though it tends to be a bit stiff. It used to be the main leather for flight jackets.

I find it interesting that someone will think its okay to wear shoes made from leather but to wear something from the rest of the animal is suddenly disgusting. Its a bit hypocritical no?

SArmeah - "No one cares how much you know, till they know how much you care"

If they are bought with horse shoes fastened to the hoof, would it be considered a bogo sale? Sorry to saddle everyone with my questions.. I should be horse whipped.. LOL Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

Who in the world would want to wear these boots ?

Not me. But, I'm sure there is someone out there who would want to wear them, just to dare to be different. That's what makes the world go round, whether anyone likes it or not.

"Disturbing" is the expression I should have used in my original post on this thread.

Those are taxidermy birds. I simply don't know what to say or how to react to this one ...

See below quote from virtualshoemuseum.com

"The German artist Iris Schieferstein, has worked with dead animals as raw material for her pieces of art for many years. She joins the fragments together to new creatures and thus gives a new face to death. No matter, if her arrangements follow paintings of the great masters of art or if the joined objects turn out to be whole words - her work always gives evidence of aesthetic intutition and her inclination to subtle enterntainment. The earlier you die - the longer you are dead."

• 1 month later...