Well, you did ask ...!

Puffer

Whilst in the local shopping mall today (in normal male clothing), I was accosted by a rather earnest young man trying to sell some fancy salt-based skincare compound from a temporary stall. His pitch opened with the question: 'What do you put on after shaving?' and I could not resist looking him in the face and replying 'Sheer stockings and stiletto heels'. As I walked away (with a slight and intentional wiggle of the hips), I think I heard his jaw drop.

We are all familiar on this board with exchanges such as: 'Are those women's shoes? - No, they're mine' and 'How do you walk in those?' - 'One step at a time'. But what other thought-provoking, witty, cheeky or downright rude responses or put-downs have other members used to suitable effect?

That's a great comeback! I'll bet it stopped him in his tracks. I was out one time wearing a pair of 4 inch peep toe pumps and a guy asked me why I was wearing heels. The guy was about 5'7", and I am 6'2" in my bare feet. My reply - "I like to be tall..."

Style is built from the ground up!

The simplest respone of all to questions about why men like us wear high heels can be boiled down to this:

"BECAUSE I LIKE TO."

Why reinvent the wheel? Just keep it simple!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!