Do you ever/Have you ever...

azraelle

I've yet to experience a pedicure. I don't really wear sandals all that much (I've only last Saturday bought my first pair), so I haven't needed/wanted one thus far. If I wore sandals more I might consider having a pedicure. SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

I think a little subtle makeup on man looks really nice/sexy, but not in a drag queen way. Adam Ant with his lipgloss ahhhh what can I say :D:wink:

Let calm be widespread

May the sea glisten like greenstone

And the shimmer of summer

Dance across your pathway

"Communication is a two way thing"

I've never had an interest in wearing makeup, but I would think it would be much more socially acceptable than high heels for a guy, (especially out here in LA), since every actor uses makeup regularly on their job. Has anyone here ever had a bad reaction from someone for wearing makeup?

"No matter what they say"

Make up is to difficult and complicated to put on and get it "right." It's a real art and a usually turns out bad if you aren't proficient. Besides, its too difficult to remove. It takes about three days before all traces are gone.

If you put it on correctly, with foundation as a base, it's not difficult to remove with, for example, an Aveeno oatmeal bar, and it sure doesn't last 3 days! Not complicated or difficult to put on--just time-consuming; and you need to set aside some time to see what works, and what doesn't--in other words to exercise your creative and artistic talents--with no thought about going out until you have perfected your technique to produce repeatable results. I'm not talking from experience, much, from so-called over-the-counter women's makeup, but rather from a stage makeup class I signed up for in my first year back in college, ostensibly for the purpose of giving me some idea how to manipulate shadows and highlights of faces, digitally, using some program like Photoshop or Strata (cheap-ass imitation of 3dStudio Max). But the techniques I learned are essentially the same for over-the-counter cosmetics as well. I highly recommend such a class to anyone, male or female, as you learn alot (I learned to really appreciate the effort that women take to look good--for hair and makeup, 2 hours is not unheard-of every day of their lives), it was alot of fun, and I was able to learn how to "let my hair down" again. :D:wink:

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

I've no first hand experience, either. However, I've observed my wife and two daughters and have listened to discussions about makeup since the girls were 12. Now the daughters are beautiful young women in their 20's and neither wears much makeup, relying instead upon natural beauty with occasioal makup highlhting. Especially in the evenings. As far as adverse reactions, my wife can't wear certain brands because they cause rashes or other blemishes. Apparently they contain something to which she's allergic.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I have no first hand experience too. Besides some nail polish outings. I must confess, that I'm interested in this topic. But I'm afraid that without the experienced advice of a helpful girl I would look after self-experiments like a clown :wink: micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Forgot to mention. Between manicures I apply fresh clear polish every 3 days or so. My fingernails have no conspicuous ridges or other flaws. So all I need is a single coat of Sally Hansen No Chip Acrylic Top Coat and I'm good to go. Now my toenails are another story...

Michael

• 2 months later...

ive worn make-up on occasion, i usually play it by the kiss rule.(keep it simple stupid) if i do wear make-up its usually just a simple eyeliner and mascara. if im feeling bold i'll ad one of my 2 favorite lipsticks or some eyeshadow. i will agree openly with julietta, simple make-up can look really sexy on guys

the fastest way to this man's heart is with nice legs in high heels

Back again after a long time without a working net connection .... I've work makeup quite a few times but never been very pleased with the results. It is surprisingly hard to get right, and bad makeup looks terrible. I need more practise and someone to help; my wife's skin is very dark and she has no clue how to apply makeup on light (white) skin. However I've seen a few guys wearing barely noticeable makeup to good effect; I guess if it is noticeable, then it hasn't been done right :wink:

[quote name="Nikk"However I've seen a few guys wearing barely noticeable makeup to good effect; I guess if it is noticeable' date=' then it hasn't been done right :-?

I think that's true. Having said that, I've never tried it :wink:

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"