Do you ever/Have you ever...

azraelle

Worn eye makeup (in public), particularly eye liner and/or mascara, perhaps with a bit of beige or light brown shadow? The idea being to subtly enhance the eyes if, for example you have a narrow nose or deep set eyes (or in my case both :) ), not the gaudy/garish way that many TV's seem to favor. I have been experimenting along those lines (e.g. subtle enhancement). Would you (or have you) ever done the same thing with your face (the non-shaving part of it, particularly)--for example to enhance otherwise non-existent cheekbones, or to reduce prominent eye ridges? All of this with the idea being (as with most women) to produce the effect without it being obvious that you are wearing makeup--my daughter has perfected this to an art form--she says she learned it all from magazines such as "17" and thru experimentation. :(:lol: Just curious.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

Nope, I'm very boring in this respect. I am only interested in high heel boots. No sandals, no open shoes, no hose, skirts, nothing. Especially cosmetics leave me ice cold. Strange eh?

What's all the fuss about?

About ten years ago I wore mascara, an eyeliner, and a base for several months. My goal was for the makeup not to be noticeable and at the same time to improve my looks. It was amazing how the use of a base that matched my skin tone very closely evened out my complexion, without being noticeable. Also, the thicker and longer lashes were awesome along with an eyeliner that was so faint as to not really be visible that seem to bring out the blue in my eyes. On the whole, I enjoyed it, but it got to be a pain to do it everyday and I guess my vanity subsided a bit. Not to mention, the worry that if someone was use to seeing me with the makeup on would they notice if I didn't have it on. Some women in my department did notice there was "something different" about me when I first started to wear the makeup, but I don't think they ever figured it out. I was fortunate that as a professor there is the summer break when I don't see my colleagues for almost three months, so that prevented the transition from being so apparent. I just appeared rested and ready at the beginning of fall semester, and then returned for spring semester a bit more faded out when I stopped.

Go gently through life.

As I said, I used to wear foundation, blusher, neutral lip gloss, mascara, faint eyeliner, brow stick and brown eyeshadow to college.

No way would I wear it now unless I was going somewhere where it was de rigeur

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Not me! No way, nohow! Just never really felt the urge. And, of course, having a non-standard complexion for the UK, I'm doubly disadvantaged. (Pet peeve - 'flesh-coloured sticky plasters'. They aren't, you know :lol: )

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Yep I tried it for a while, clear lash and brow mascara with a little face powder to help even out my complexion. It looks good for having pictures made and I highly recommend it for that but I dont think anybody else really noticed. Now I just keep my brow's trimed and plucked nice and neet girls seem to like that along with a manicure and pedicure on a man. Later, Sway

YamYam said: "Pet peeve - 'flesh-coloured sticky plasters'. They aren't, you know.

I can't understand why these "band aids" aren't manufactured in more colors than those ugly caucasian "flesh" colored strips. After all, aren't they designed to hide blemishes?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I've also tried it on occasion.Nothing to dramatic,just alittle mascara,eyelinner and foundation. Is it a good look..? Not sure..the jury's still out on that . I do however, keep my toe nails painted and that looks great..... :lol:

I would also like to get ride of the loafers, but I;m not sure the cowboys boots are any better! :lol: For the makeup... never worn any, but I would sure like to try. I have been wearing a clear nail polish. Makes my finger and toe nails much stronger and look 200% better. So for now... it is just nails and high heels... :( Lee

I can't understand why these "band aids" aren't manufactured in more colors than those ugly caucasian "flesh" colored strips. After all, aren't they designed to hide blemishes?

I have a feeling that they just say 'there's no demand'. Hundreds of times a day, sometimes. Just like larger size shoes with heels on :lol:

[Currently being a smug 8-9UK]

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I've also tried it on occasion.Nothing to dramatic,just alittle mascara,eyelinner and foundation.

Is it a good look..? Not sure..the jury's still out on that .

I do however, keep my toe nails painted and that looks great..... :lol:

I do not even try to wear a makeup...my wife would not allow it...but I agree with Jim that painted toe nails look great...right now they are painted deep pink...

• 2 weeks later...

I have been wearing makeup for quite a while now, but not to work. I also have my nail manicured and covered with a light beige polish. The color almost blends in with normal nail color but does look much better also my nails normally extend about 3/8" beyond my fingertips. I have also worn earrings in both ears for a couple of years now and these I do wear at work. No one even says a word when I'm wearing my pink ice hearts in 4mm. I keep my eyebrows plucked so they look neat but that is it and I normally wear mascara only while at work.

• 1 month later...
I wear makeup all the time. Most days foundation, concealer mascara and blush. Some days I wear brown eyemakeup. For night I sometimes wear lipgloss annd very occasionly lipstick. I never do drag or CD. I just like to make the best of my man looks. Nails are normally clear polished but blue is common on me at night. I guess I paint them most days. You would be amazed how many guys wear a little makeup - just ask around.

• 5 weeks later...

I had make up on once. It was for a play back in high school. All the guys needed help from the girls putting the stuff on. Some of them went out and picked up the wrong shade of...I think it was foundation(no expert here) so the girls started mixing and matching until they got the right combination. After seeing all that I decided to never put make up on. It's more complicated than coding Windows

I wish I was a size 10

Make up is to difficult and complicated to put on and get it "right." It's a real art and a usually turns out bad if you aren't proficient. Besides, its too difficult to remove. It takes about three days before all traces are gone.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I've never done makeup on my own. I did do a CD for a day, with full makeup and clothes. But that is it. I like nail polish usually clear, unless I'm home alone, then its deep red. I like nylons and panty hose. Wear them when ever possible. Wouldn't mind trying makeup again, but it is hard as many of have stated.

Yeah, makeup is hard to get right. When I did my day of CD, I didn't get the make up right. Ok, it was meant to look deliberately OTT, but I asked a friend what she thought of it, and she pointed out that the makeup could have been a lot better (she didn't put it quite like that!)

SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!