Bought A New Skirt---And More!

JeffB

While wandering through Sears yesterday, I bought this nice looking denim skirt:

Posted Image

I've been looking for a sedate looking, knee length denim skirt and found this item. It comes with a fabric belt and has cute four inch slits on both sides, it fits well and looks great on me. This is perfect as I think longer skirts would suit me better for future public outings since I won't stand out so much as I would in a shorter skirt, at least until I build up my confidence where I won't care about high hemlines and showing off my legs. Heh! Who knows? Perhaps sometime down the road, I'll even swap out the loafers for pumps. But for now, this is the look I like and am comfortable with. What do you think? Oh, yeah, there's more:

Posted Image

On a whim, I also bout this tote bag which I thought looked really nice. My rationale for this purchase was that I could both pack everything I'd need for an outing (wallet, cell phone, car keys, house keys) and have something large enough for some light shopping. A question: Am I carrying this bag correctly? Image, after all, is everything.

To be sure, after Thursday's successful first outing in a skirt, there will be future exploits. Of that, I'm sure!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

JeffB: I really like the look. And, if you are going with the bag and the skirt together, though, I really would consider wearing the pair of black 3" heel pumps that you bought from Payless (I think) a week or so ago. If you are going to wear the skirt and carry the bag, then, why not wear the pumps and go for the total look? :smile:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

JeffB: I really like the look. And, if you are going with the bag and the skirt together, though, I really would consider wearing the pair of black 3" heel pumps that you bought from Payless (I think) a week or so ago.

If you are going to wear the skirt and carry the bag, then, why not wear the pumps and go for the total look? :smile:

You mean these:

Posted Image

Ah, yes, the "Hazel" pumps that I bought just before Memorial Day. Y'know, that's not a bad idea! The three inch heel height would indeed work well with the skirt and not be extravagant. I'll see about giving that a go! Might be fun!

Jeff -

The skirt and bag look good. I'm a little surprised at the size of the bag though. Going from a fanny pack worn over the shoulder to a full purse is a big step. I went from a fanny pack to a purse but mine is 8"x10".

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

At the risk of being unpopular, I will say that the recent picture of your first skirted outing looked masculine and somehow right as I said then. This pic with the bag pushes the whole look over to the feminine side, and into crossdresser territory. Nothing wrong with that if that's where you are heading, it looks good for that but lost the "man being different" touch of the pre bag look. Just my opinion, still kudos to you for getting out there doing what you want to do.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

shyguy: No prob with you expressing your opinion, explaining what you felt. Perhaps you have a point there, though I don't think the bag swings my overall image towards crossdressing territory, hell, in the narrowminded mindset of society at large, the skirt would already have accomplished that. HA!

JeffB I´m sure there will be many future exploits for you in a skirt. Your new skirt looking very nice. This length on your new skirt looking very good, suits you very well too. Yes me too, the fabric belt and those four inch slits on both sides looking very cute too. You know JeffB if you think a longer skirt suit you better, then go for a bit longer skirt. It suits you (I can tell by the pictures) and if you feel more confidant in this length of your skir, then wear it. The important thing is that you feel confidant wearing a skirt, feeling "this is rely me, this is what I want." Me too when I started wearing skirts me too first starting with a bit longer skirts (knee long skirts or there about), nowadays I´m going for a bit shorter skirts and dresses. Trying being a proffesional buisness woman, well at office at least I´m not wearing an shorter skirt or dresses than my the hemline on my skirts or dresses ending about two or three inch above mu knees. I don´t mind showing my legs. My legs looks perfectly well, I have nothing too feel ashamed about. Heh heh! But I also have too accept living as a woman, living en famme, there is so many rules for me now. Some are written down some are "unwritten", like this one for example. I´m not aloved wearing a too short skirt or dress too work, its not appropriate, I have too follow the other ladies, my female colleagues. In privat I wear shorter skirts and dresses, mini skirts, my boyfreind just love it. Perhaps you too after a few more outings wearing a skirt you too are going for a bit shorter skirts. Its just great JeffB being out in a skirt, isn´t it The important thing is that you getting more confindense being comfortable wearing a skirt. You said JeffB, "down the road I´ll even swap out the loafers for pumps", I hope you do because a pair of pumps would go so very very well to this outfit. I´m not saying the loafers are wrong but high heel pumps would look so good to this outfit. You know JeffB I´m always wearing high heels. It looks good, I feel good and me bein not so tall, yes I feel a bit powerful to wearing heels. JeffB, please make sure, go for the pumps. I don´t know what kind of work you have but you know JeffB with a good looking nice blazer jacket on this outfit of yours should go very well at work. I see you bought yourself a handbag. Oh thats good! I guess you know what I mean when I suggested you starting using a handbag. Its a great looking handbag and a good one too. Me too, I have one or two myself, looking like this. You bought it on a wim, thats cool. You´re a bit like me. You know me too I buying things "on a whim" too. Seeing something I realy realy want, you know I jusy got to buy it. You know my boyfreind tells I´m shoping all the time, "a bit to much" but shoping "on a whim" is fun and often its the best buying you ever made. About your question, as far as I can see you´re carrying this bag correctly. The way I would do. I don´t agree with shyguy when saying, that wearing a handbag los the "men being different touch". I guess one has to do as Thighbootguy said, "doing a bit of sacrifices for fashion. Wearing a skirt you soon realize, I need a handbag, you walk, you sit you stand in a different way. You´re going to have to do certain things a bit different from when you wore pant all the time. I don´t see this as something wrong. Starting you´re own way of fashion, starting wearing skirt and heels, well there is only one way to do it. You have to do it as the women do. You have to walk, stand, sit like we do. In my world that not to bee a crossdresser. You´re NOT like me JeffB, me I want to be dressed in a skirt and heels but I also feel like a woman inside. Good luck with your outings in your skirts, hope there will me many for you and hope to hear more about it too.