Another "Outing"

ChipsHH

Ok, so I woke up at 5:30p CST to a empty house. Yes! Guess my plan will go as planned. So I went to my truck to get my Baby Phat 5-inch heels. I wanted to go out in them for the next [what came out to be] 2 hours. Came back and put them on. Boy! They really steeped your arches, and wearing them for 2 hours, driving AND walking in them, that's some challenge. I wore a black shirt and pretty tight-fitting blue jeans. They showed off my wedges and my toes pretty well, not saying I had a pedicure or anything. x] I got my keys, wallet, and Zune Mp3, looked around to make sure the coast was clear, and went off.

I decided to go to a Thrift Store out in Merriville. I waited in the car for awhile to let some people walk by before finally getting out and going in. Pretty crowded place today. I walked, with some tremble in my ankles, towards the "Shoes" section. Alot of people on one side of the section, so I went to the opposite side of the crowd. There were some decent-looking shoes on the racks, some looking very familiar from the other place I went to last week....

Anyhow, looked around, eventually having to cross a couple of people's path, then.......VOILA! I found them! Perfect replacement peep-toes! I had to get them into my collection, despite not being wedges :w00t2: It was a sacrifice I was willing to make.......but maybe later. x] I needed to go check the other places for any good shoes. I left here, for now.

Went to a Good Will out in Hobart. Closing in two, no....one minute. :w00t2: Had to leave here. I think the sales clerks may have talked about me after I left. Hah! Thanks for the spread of word about me :o

Across the street, another Salvation Army. After correcting my parking 3 times o.o, I went on in. No doubt as I was coming in, I was the center of attention to not only the security guard, but the sales clerk(s), the one talking to the guard a male. Heh, didn't scare me. I walked on past, no doubt with them looking at my wedges, but I went on to look at the racks. Nothing really interest me. A few boots caught my eye, but they weren't my size. :'( Went to the other side. Still nothing, a few catching my eye again. Then....VOILA! 2 pairs of wedges, red and blue, looked so lovely sitting on the rack. They were in front of the male clerk, but I went to get them and....wait. Size 7?!?! -sigh- Back they went... :'( I left out, disappointed inside, but confident-looking past the looking male clerk. Now mind you. My wedges aren't hidden under the jeans. Instead, the jeans were kinda flashing how good they looked ;D

Left there, and back to the Salvation Army I was previously at in the beginning. Still crowded. Gosh, I just attract attention, don't I? Well, I went to the "Shoes" rack again, and, in front of me was a rather plump lady and her daughter. The daughter tried on the peep-toes I was eyeing previously. "These are soo hott! Aren't they hott?" She asked her mom, with no reply back. They continued to the other side. I stayed on the opposite and pretended not to be interested in the girl's choice. When they were behind me looking at clothes then, I grabbed them immediately and went to checkout.

Even at the checkout, it seemed so crowded! I needed to get outta here quick. I stood in line. "Lane 4's open." I didn't budge, so it was time to checkout. Another male clerk....he didn't seem to care too much. But the passing people going into Lane 4 sure gave me some stares, including a little young toddler girl. I swear, she was just staring, even as I checked out. The girl really stared at my feet, and even brought attention to her sister. But the sister didn't mind. I didn't pay the little girl any attention either, and left, with confidence still. Thanks for the attention, little girl :cool1: You helped me out lots!

So I came home, went behind the school I live across to change back into my gym shoes, and boy!!!! Gosh darn! I know what everyone means when they say "the calves shorten the higher the heels are." Especially when you walk. Ouch! I hear what everyone means now. Even as I type this, my calves are still a little sore. Think I should walk in them a little more if I wanna get use to them. Not permanant! Just getting use to it, that's all. Maybe I should go to that Good Will tomorrow in them.

What you all think?

Pics coming tomorrow :-?

Formally "HHDude"

Great report, HHDude. Now, with school beginning in just a few weeks, are you going to try to find a pair of girls shoes to wear to class? There are a lot of choices out there. If you decide that you are ready for such exposure, you shouldn't have any problem finding something appropriate. :o

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Great report, HHDude. Now, with school beginning in just a few weeks, are you going to try to find a pair of girls shoes to wear to class? There are a lot of choices out there. If you decide that you are ready for such exposure, you shouldn't have any problem finding something appropriate. :o

While I would be in favor of that, I might caution hhdude before he tries that. Some schools are not taking kindly to such things. In my senior year of high school, a freshman wore a bright blue mohawk, and was promptly asked to leave until he got rid of it because it was too distracting. There was a story in Newsweek recently about a boy who wanted to wear (among other things) high heels to school, and caused quite a stir. Not saying I'm against it, I'm just saying some schools are putting some limits on self-expression if they deem it too distracting, so if hhDude really wants to try it, at least bring a pair of alternate shoes in case he gets called to the office.

Good outing though hhDude, congrats! :-?

Good points RadioDave. I'd like to add that he still lives under his parent's roof. And, while shopping in nearby towns/malls may give a measure of anonymity, going to high school is a bit different- you'll see those people for the next year AND they know (or can easily find out) where you live. He may not want to push the envelope just yet!

I agree with radiodave and vector. I'm proud of you the way you handle yourself shopping and how far you have come. If I were you I'd test the waters slowly at your school. Maybe ask around sorta kidding to others about there opinions on a man wearing heels to school and see what most the reactions are. Hey, maybe you could do a project survey or something like that. Once again, congrats on your outing.

real men wear heels

And, believe it or not, I was thinking of trying something similar, maybe a project or survey (almost did last year). Just now I was thinking of the headline in the school newspaper: "Women in Sneakers vs. Men in Heels." I'm trying to develop on this subject as we speak. Another thing that crossed my mind is the new principal. From the male principal of my previous years, this one was female; and personally, I think females tend to be more understanding. Don't you think? Anyhow, seeing that she was female, I was thinking of coming up with a very good presentation on "Men in High Heels." I'd ask her if I could "have" the school, the whole school, for just a period or two of the day so I could give it. Before that though, I'd ask a couple of male students, predominantly seniors (or juniors if in my senior year) who were completely straight, if I could use them in this presentation, to kinda show that even straight (and manly) males have a fetish for high heels. I was planning to do this either this year (junior year) or my senior year, whenever I feel most confident. I've told numerous friends, ventured out into the public in them, and now...I wanted to raise awareness at my school about this "phenomenon." Catholic school it is, I think I can surpass the boundaries and make for an outstanding presentation. Any support on this? (I know I'ma get alot of opinions from this last paragraph xD

Formally "HHDude"

I would agree with the last few posts on you doing this at school. You might want to keep this aspect of your life away from the mainstream part of your life, at least for now. I find especially with younger people in groups, they can be very harsh to those considered outside the norm. You do have to co-exist with these people for the rest of the school year, and a bad outing in this can be very damaging to you and your reputation. This is why I keep my streetheeling and my workplace, on completely seperate sides of my life. I won't even go into the matter of doing something like this at a catholic school to boot, that could be umm, interesting to say the least. :-? On the other side, you are very impressive with your street heeling experiences thus far. I applaud you for doing this so boldly, at your age I would never have even though of doing this, so very nicely done. :o

Well, I'm feeling a little lazy today. I went heeling again today, about 4 Thrift stores! All didn't have anything. Went to Carson's again to look at the new Clearance items. Jackpot! I found some good pairs, and decided to return my avatar shoes back (my heel slanted to the side of them alot. Maybe too soft & comfy?).

As I was in Carson's, I was continuously thinking of what to do. I have a decent amount of money (over $100) in my account. And the Clearance items were very good choices I saw when I brought the avatar shoes before (just last week). I just had to have a pair! I'm going to ask to get them in other sizes tomorrow, but I'm lost though. Should I use the money I got back and get me the pair I want, or get rid of more money and get me 2 pairs? I really want to get two pair, but, if I know you all, you'll recommend just holding out and getting A pair. Shoot, I'd be surprised being recommended to save up. x]

But yeah, that's where I'm at now. Opinions?

Formally "HHDude"

I'm going to go out on a limb and be a bit direct. DO NOT OUT YOURSELF (or do any man in heels stuff)!!!!!!!!! I'm catholic, and it's a well known fact that the Catholic church is not known for its progressiveness! Second, Although females may be more understanding, this is a principle who has a job and bills to pay. Yes, MAYBE she MIGHT be more understanding that a male principle, but when the PTA and diocese (read upper management) pressure her, you don't stand a chance! Lastly, although individual friends may support you now, if you were outed, how many will truly stand with you against the "majority". As R Kelly said, ""...keep it on the down low...nobody has to know.."

Great points, vector. Didn't see it in that perspective. Even the "gay issues" are still argued amongst them. Am I right? Yeah, also forgot about the peer-like pressures principals still have to take for an action like this, especially to throw off all the teachers' schedules. BUT....if they could take the time (two years in a row) to let someone take over to let us teens know the dangers and consequences of drugs and smoking...ok, well, maybe that's more important than males heeling... On a side note, she IS new, so I would have to gain her trust and get to know her like the school did with the previous principal before I went on with this. And yeah, peer pressure IS a B%$#! Couldn't risk losing friends, best friends, for something not necessarily stupid, but risky as hell to do and act upon. Just not worth it, now that I think about it. Gave me alot to think about. No doubt I shouldn't go through with this now. But this'll come out again when I reach college... :o

Formally "HHDude"

to let someone take over to let us teens know the dangers and consequences of drugs and smoking...ok, well, maybe that's more important than males heeling...

Well said!:o Maybe you could kinda go into it a little easy and sorta joke around asking an opinion from your male and female friends to start with but don't make to big of an issue about it.

real men wear heels

Well said!:o Maybe you could kinda go into it a little easy and sorta joke around asking an opinion from your male and female friends to start with but don't make to big of an issue about it.

Yeah, that is a pretty good idea. But, with it being a private school, we're forced to wear uniforms. What I'm getting at is: I've already thought of how I'll bring the subject out, but it can only work on days we can get outta uniform, AND a few girls are wearing heels that day. It's gonna be long, so I need some way to keep the question in my head until that day finally comes.

Formally "HHDude"

While watching an early morning report on activity at the Olympics on MSNBC this morning, I was switching channels during a commercial and happened to see a report on another channel about a young man, Lawrence King, Oxnard, California, who was shot at his school because he declaired to one and all that he was gay.

Apparently, this 15 year old young man appeared each day in school wearing make-up, jewlery and, on some days, dresses and skirts, always high heels -- most of the time the report stated, his favorite high heeled boots.

One morning one of his classmates walked into the room where he was and shot him through the head and then fled from the school. The shooter was later apprehended by the police a few blocks from the school later that morning.

The actual TV report was short...about 30 or 45 seconds. It didn't really go into much detail except to relate that the shooter had entered a plea of "not guilty" durring his arraignment earlier this week.

I vaguely remember hearing or reading about this incident late last winter or early last spring. However, the report kinda jogged my memory and I was curious to refresh it.

The boy who shot Lawrence King was only 14 and, according to a news article that I found on line, if he is found guilty, is facing 52 years in prison for murder. The prosecuter has also added "commission of a hate crime" to the list of charges filed against the shooter which will just add to the length of punishment.

Anyone that would like to read more about this incident can either google it like i did or go to: Lawrence king

While I don't believe this case to be representative of high school students feelings towards other students exhibiting unorthodox behavior, I think, if I were hhdude, I would be very careful on how and when I let it be known that I wore high heels.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I agree with you, there are some strange individuals that will do anything against the minority because they feel that they are right. It is the same for murder ofcourse. HHDude has to be careful and it just shows the courage that others in this forum have when taking "outings" in their heels.

Two other considerations, HHDude... 1. Not only will the word travel like lightning if you out yourself to your school, but your parents will know about it in microseconds after that. You will need to be prepared to deal not only with reprimands from teachers and principal and peer rejection, but with parental anger, confusion, and possible punishment. I agree with the advice not to go public until after you graduate. Getting that diploma is WAY more important than going public about heeling. Enjoy your heels in private for the rest of your school career. College is a bit different and you might have a more liberal audience there, to do what you want (within whatever rules and dress codes exist). So wait till then to go public, but even then do it cautiously. 2. Halloween is coming up at the end of October. Get with a few buddies you can trust perhaps, and figure out how to wear high heels as a Halloween prank, perhaps with additional elements of a costume. If several of you do it, no one will point the finger only at you as the instigator or "disruptive influence" (a euphemism for trouble-maker). It could be comic and everyone will have fun. Think about what you can do with other pals and gals in tow. Organize something fun and go for it. If you can do it as a fundraiser for charity, that will stop most objections. Google "Walk a mile in her shoes" and read about the foot race where guys wear high heels to walk a mile to raise money for domestic violence awareness. Try something along those lines. At least you might get one day of public wearing, do some good for society, and be free of negative ramifications later on. GWL

Hm, despite you guys throwing out serious warnings (and scaring me, no offence), I do hear what you all are saying. Guess I will have to halt with what I do. Tough luck for me, but I just gotta understand that teens will be teens. Tv, society, etc. will continue to influence us, no matter how hard we try to (for example) block out from watching a "stupid" commercial or not "follow/be the leader," it's still gonna get into us and influence us to do something we wanna do, just cause we saw it on Tv or heard it on the news, radio, etc. Anything or anyone out of the norm we know (and some of us love) must be ousted. In some other words, eliminated. In more specifics, killed. Thanks all for making me see this side of things. I'll now be alot more careful with where I walk/go to, as well as who I tell and aware of my surroundings (people I may know, etc). Dangerous world we live in, right? I mean 'the sooner, the better,' but in this case, the sooner, the shorter [your life span may be].

Formally "HHDude"

You are all scaring the heel out of HHd. I know its all for good reason and to protect him, but you really think there is a chance of him getting shot in the head, tared and feathered by his step dad in public square, or beat up beyond recognition by his school mates just for wearing wedges? HHD, I would be a little cautious but not to these extremes. It's only shoes we're talking about.

real men wear heels

You are all scaring the heel out of HHd. I know its all for good reason and to protect him, but you really think there is a chance of him getting shot in the head, tared and feathered by his step dad in public square, or beat up beyond recognition by his school mates just for wearing wedges?

HHD, I would be a little cautious but not to these extremes. It's only shoes we're talking about.

My purpose in relating that news report wasn't to scare HHd but to make him aware that all is not peaches and cream for male high heel wearers out there.

And, also to get him to think about wearing girls shoes that weren't so obviously girls shoes. Shoes like Penny Loafer style or boots with 2" or 2½" heels. Perhaps Canadian Beaver would be a good source of information on what it is like to circulate among your classmates wearing female shoes? Besides being closer to HHD's age, he does have first hand experience and would be able to give him some good advice.

:o

HHD, I would be a little cautious but not to these extremes. It's only shoes we're talking about.

Yeah. But it's also society's acceptance we're talking about. And I am still only a teen. I mean, if I were an adult, I'd get laughs from the teen age instead of a threat from one of them, especially one of my class/school. So, tough and scary as it sounds, I'm gonna have to face facts that my class [of 2010] is just not ready for this kind of change.

Now If they are, then slap me silly and call me Suzie :o

Formally "HHDude"

As much as we all enjoy our heels, most were manufactured with a more feminie style, which makes anyone who wears a "girly" shoe a cross-dresser of some description (bear with me, I know some would disagree). My point is simply that most young men in high school are too threatened by guys who would push their love for heels so far as to wear them to school. On the other hand, you can still buy genuine 1970's shoes, or buy the newer retro styles of shoes (I like them, though some find them too block-ish for their tatstes). Retro is cool; it's fun. Most importantly, it's not as threatening to other teens. Grab up some disco and have fun with it.

As much as we all enjoy our heels, most were manufactured with a more feminie style, which makes anyone who wears a "girly" shoe a cross-dresser of some description (bear with me, I know some would disagree). My point is simply that most young men in high school are too threatened by guys who would push their love for heels so far as to wear them to school. On the other hand, you can still buy genuine 1970's shoes, or buy the newer retro styles of shoes (I like them, though some find them too block-ish for their tatstes). Retro is cool; it's fun. Most importantly, it's not as threatening to other teens. Grab up some disco and have fun with it.

I agree with you, but I believe there is more than just being "threatened". It is more like being rejected by the group which the person feels associated with. It is because of this, that the heel lover feels that he should not escape the "norms" (a set of predefined behaviour) which society, and most importantly, the group of teenage males have set out. All the guys in this school may feel that he has an urge to wear high heels, however, once again it is the fear of escaping this norm and hence being rejected by the group which suppresses them wearing heels, or expressing their want to wear them.

breaking social norms is a hobby of mine

I agree with you, but I believe there is more than just being "threatened". It is more like being rejected by the group which the person feels associated with. It is because of this, that the heel lover feels that he should not escape the "norms" (a set of predefined behaviour) which society, and most importantly, the group of teenage males have set out. All the guys in this school may feel that he has an urge to wear high heels, however, once again it is the fear of escaping this norm and hence being rejected by the group which suppresses them wearing heels, or expressing their want to wear them.

I totally agree with "thatotherguy"! From our early experiences we constantly seek approval from our parents, siblings and schoolmates, etc., etc. Perhaps it's this certainty of "disapproval" for not following these "pre-determined sets of norms and fear of ridicule that stops a lot of us from doing things that will put the "shame" in our minds.

Someone actually recommended that not too long ago, and I saw a pair at Carson's just yesterday. They looked "retro" enough, and I could get a pair. But, my cousin has a similar pair (not gonna take them. Mom banned me from them anyway), and if I recall correctly, they were "click-clack" heels, if you catch my drift. I mean, I would love to go "retro" at the school, but as the other 2 said.....

But I believe there is more than just being "threatened". It is more like being rejected by the group which the person feels associated with. It is because of this, that the heel lover feels that he should not escape the "norms" (a set of predefined behaviour) which society, and most importantly, the group of teenage males have set out. All the guys in this school may feel that he has an urge to wear high heels, however, once again it is the fear of escaping this norm and hence being rejected by the group which suppresses them wearing heels, or expressing their want to wear them.

From our early experiences we constantly seek approval from our parents, siblings and schoolmates, etc., etc. Perhaps it's this certainty of "disapproval" for not following these "pre-determined sets of norms and fear of ridicule that stops a lot of us from doing things that will put the "shame" in our minds.

....Yeah, I'm totally feeling the pressure from the male side of the gender group. I could probably tell all of the females at my school, and generally be/feel accepted by them. But it's the males I sit at the lunch table with, and male friends I talk to. So yes, I'm trying to keep with the fashion of them, and the fashion IS actually the footwear you walk in with. Think I told everyone that uniforms are enforced at the school (except on "Jeans Day"=Get-out-of-uniforms Day), so what footwear we walk in with is what's at the center of attention, especially for us males.

Formally "HHDude"