Motorcycle boots with a heel

Rockpup

Hey everyone, some of you might have noticed I've enjoyed wearing heeled boots while riding a motorcycle, but I figured I'd start a thread for boots with a heel that are appropriate for motorcycle use. I recently picked up a pair of Dainese Dainesella boots. They are quite comfortable with a 1-1/2" wedge type heel and are waterproof. The heel is noticable when walking but fits my foot quite well. They are also very discrete and does not draw attention, nor do they get in the way of proper control of the motorcycle. I normally wear a womens 9.5 or so and ordered a size 41. They fit a bit snug so I'd recommend going up a size just in case. They are avaliable in sizes up to 44. These will be my normal riding boots from now on, as they work well with either jeans or a leather race suit. If anyone else has a pair of motorcycle boots with a heel they wear all the time feel free to share.

post-488-133522862931_thumb.jpg

(formerly known as "JimC")

Dr Shoe: I've ridden in ballet boots and 4" thigh boots, both were fun but neither were quite suitable for riding since any problems with the ride would have damaged the boots and myself. I've ridden a sportbike with 3.5" wedge heels, and I'd say thats probably the upper limit for 'practical' riding footwear. Could start with the pair you wear the most for riding, if you ride :o

c_heels: Cool, those look like they would work well. As I said I've worn higher heels for riding, but they are not too good for protection, so a moderate heel is -alot- more practical for riding :o

Would be nice to convince my wife I needed those for riding my motorcycle, I do have trouble reaching the floor so the heel would be useful. Haven't got any motorcycle boots with heels of any description so can't add any more to this thread.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Those boots are perfect for men wearing heels in public. If you can't wear those outside of the house, you can't wear any shoes outside of the house. :o

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I've tried on the icon bombshell boots, they are not bad for comfort, but I think the heel might be a bit too high for riding a sportbike. They may work well for a cruiser with a more relaxed riding position. I've worn 3" wedge boots on a sportbike and they were almost too much to fit my foot between the peg and shifter.