Scream Heels

Spikeheels

Hello everyone I have just signed up and been reading through a lot of the forums and finally plucked up the courage to place a posting! Love high heels and as of yet have not had the courage to go out so am confined to indoors but have managed to build up quite a collection of high heels, boots and the clear "lap dancer" style ones and a wardrobe of various outfits but would like to ask for some advice! Have recently purchased the "Scream" style high heels with the metal heel in red patent and just cannot walk in them or keep my legs straight! 6 inch heels I can cope with, just!!! but these are beyond that and would like to know if they can be walked in normally as have seen youtube footage of people walking in them completely ok so is it a case of practise makes perfect? Many thanks!

Welcome, Spikeheels. And you are correct: practice makes perfect. Keep practicing walking in your high heels until you are truly comfortable. Hope to hear more from you soon and welcome again.

Thanks Roniheels, I shall keep on with the practice and make it priority to master them and get through the "pain barrier" of walking up and down the living room in them!!! The footage on youtube makes it look so easy but as the ols saying goes you've got to learn to walk before you can run! Thanks again!

Hey spikeheels, welcome... Your current shoe collection sounds fun :smile: I have a collection of a similar nature for wearing around the house. However, If you do ever wish to venture outside in heels you can try as I have done this past year, buy a few more less extreme (3-4.5" height) and less obvious heels (chunky or wedge heels, round toe), and covered with long wide cut jeans. Yes, they are not quite as fun and sexy as the "at home" collection, but its a great first step and I feel great in them, they are comfortable to wear for many hours, and I can walk just as I do in flat shoes. Gives you the chance for much more practice, and to be able to wear them in public without the "look at me" feeling. Maybe someday I will be brave enough to wear the more extreme and fun collection outdoors, but for now, this is doing just fine for me.:thumbsup:

Thanks also hhboots, will hope to eventually pluck up the courage and venture to the "great outdoors" but at the moment it is strictly indoors but luckily the garage floor is concrete so that is the closest I've got to having the "clicking" noise on the 6 inch heels!

The main thing to bear in mind is that most (all?) women would not wear those Scream heels in public. If you want to wear heels in public as a man I would say first start with the clothes to go with the shoes. If you wear clothes that lend themselves naturally to go with heels then you are off to a good start. People will notice a well dressed daring man first and your great shoes will just seem right.

Spikeheels- Welcome to the forum. Wearing heels should not be about enduring pain. It may be that a 6" heel is too high for your body geometry. Some folks ankle’s just wont bend that far enough to accommodate a 6” heel. My personal limit is 5 ½”. I had a pair of 6”ers and had to get rid of them because I just couldn’t wear them. I should note that I can wear a 5” heel for hours without a problem. There is a real difference in the bend of your ankle when you go from a 5” to a 6”. If the 6” heel continues to be a problem (problem being defined as causing pain and not being able to straighten your knees), I suggest accepting the limitation and moving down a bit. I repeat, heeling should not be about how much pain you can endure. Also consider that when you do go out you should walk gracefully and it should look natural. If you can’t do that in 6”ers than don’t go out. There will be enough stress the first time you go out without having to worry about walking naturally. Enjoy your heels.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

The Scream heels take a lot of practice, and as your foot is past the vertical, it takes time to get your foot to adjust. It took me ages to walk in mine, but now I am happy with them. It's ok until you find a downward slope, but it comes with practice. Don't give up just yet!

I love the feel of that ultimate lift!