High Heels in the Media

BobHH

1) From Sunday's Los Angeles Times, how to walk in high heels, taught by Queen Jazzmun, a transvestite(!) to upscale store customers. Title: "7 Inches Closer to God".

http://www.latimes.com/features/lifestyle/la-ig-rage1-2008jun01,0,4915320.story

2) One of the stupid articles in Sunday's Parade rag, about how high heels are bad for you and should be limited to 2 inches. "How to Keep Your Feet Happy." I have news for them - my feet are not happy if I am not happy, and I am not happy unless they are in much higher heels.

3) Television ads for Dr. Scholl's for Women showing women jumping (literally) into high heels and prancing about with comfort after putting Dr. Scholl's inserts into their shoes.

She always looks hot and she almost always wears high heels. And I am so happy for that. It was a knock-out pair of high heels she wore the night she was on David Letterman promoting the movie "Ironman."

• 2 weeks later...

All the coverage of Gwyneth Paltrow has just made me trust the media even less. They aren't 7" heels... maybe a smidgen over 6" max. One report in the Daily Mirror (crappy sensationalist newspaper) had a reporter wearing what she stated as 7" Louboutin shoes that were clearly around 4.5 to 5". It's all a load of bollocks.

post-9545-133522859779_thumb.jpg

post-9545-13352285978_thumb.jpg

1) From Sunday's Los Angeles Times, how to walk in high heels, taught by Queen Jazzmun, a transvestite(!) to upscale store customers. Title: "7 Inches Closer to God".

http://www.latimes.com/features/lifestyle/la-ig-rage1-2008jun01,0,4915320.story

Interesting, I recently held a workshop at a queer feminst cultural festival here in Stockholm, about how to walk in high heels. It was fun. :thumbsup:

I bet there's a story there, Trolldeg, that we'd all like to hear. :thumbsup: (what is a "queer feminst cultural festival ?}

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 1 month later...

From an automobile review in the LA Times last week on Luxury Sport Utility Vehicles (not a favorable review): "UTILITY is not luxurious. Luxury is nonfunctional. Jimmy Choo stiletto sandals are, strictly speaking, shoes, but their functionality is all but surrendered to sex and gorgeousness. I for one am delighted." It is interesting how high heels mentions show up in the oddest places. Obviously many people are fascinated or more by them.