Heeling on college campuses

heelma

I want to come back to this point with the archaic laws, after I heard an unbelievable story on the radio this morning. Obviously, as the American "news" works, they pick up those stories because those sell. (I just hate this because the things that really matter are not reported, and at the end, many Americans remain as underinformed about the world as they are.)

Ok, so here is what they said on the radio: an Ohio man was captured via camera by his neighbors while he "sexually assaulted his padio table". Now, please don't get me wrong, I do think that is sick. However, said neighbors called law inforcement and now he faces up to 4 years in jail for that! Apparently not because he offended his neighbors, but because of the pure fact that he did that. Apparently, he did it on and with his own property. What am I missing here?? Yes, it is sick, but why is it against the law?

Now, similarly you could argue that someone may get arrested for heeling around somewhere, right? As this is not what bible belt people are used to! (OH is north of the bible belt, but probably not that different in that respect, I guess....)

Remember though, many states, localities still have archaic laws that may be interpreted against you, such as prohibition against crossdressing, sodomy laws, etc. Most places of business would car less about what you wear than if you are buying. As a case in point I have tried on many pair of heels while shopping. Most clerks are totally nonchalant, while others are very helpful.

an Ohio man was captured via camera by his neighbors while he "sexually assaulted his padio table". Now, please don't get me wrong, I do think that is sick. However, said neighbors called law inforcement and now he faces up to 4 years in jail for that!

I'd be surprised if there isn't some fairly basic 'public decency' law being broken in this situation, that's as relevant for a man/girl encounter, as a man on his own.

To the law, it won't matter what else is going on, the fella has an erection where it can be observed, and he probably has been seen doing something with it. Be it with another man, a woman, a patio table, that's all detail. :smile:

In the UK, it's a law that's seldom used, in my County at least. But I could see a similar complaint over here, getting the same response. :thumbsup:

The "oh, my god" point of this story is -- how the hell can a guy "sexually assualt" a patio table? (I guess if it made from wood, he could get it "between the slats" -- but then, he'd have to be careful of splinters.....:thumbsup: )

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

So you are saying that a couple having sex in a car in a parking lot would fall under the same law and could face jail time?

To the law, it won't matter what else is going on, the fella has an erection where it can be observed, and he probably has been seen doing something with it. Be it with another man, a woman, a patio table, that's all detail. :thumbsup:

So you are saying that a couple having sex in a car in a parking lot would fall under the same law and could face jail time?

I guess it would really depend on wheather he was using the tailpipe or the crack between the seat cushions......:thumbsup::lmao::smile:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

OH is north of the bible belt, but probably not that different in that respect, I guess....

Actually, I work in Ohio and rural Ohio in many ways might as well be in (insert southern state of your choice.) In Ohio we talk about the 3 C's, Cleveland, Columbus, and Cincinnati (sorry Jonniheel, Canton could be the 4th C, right:thumbsup:), but the issue isn't limited to Ohio. Urban areas are simply more accepting than rural areas. Come on, I lived in Washington, DC, and New York City for about a year each and in those places people really didn't care what you did to your patio furniture or your choice of footwear as long as your weren't throwing either at them.

Let's face it, if the police have time to arrest anybody for molesting furniture, it must be a pretty safe place.

In homage to George Carlin who passed yesterday, always remember you can prick your finger but you better not finger your....

Style is built from the ground up!

Over here we jail pensioners who fail to pay their local tax bills [aka Community Charge] and anyone who stands up to child gangsters (aka street 'punks').

Drug-dealers, house-burgulars and muggers get counselling and exotic foreign holidays.

A couple having 'relations' in a car in a public place would normally get a tap on the window, a wink, and a suggestion to 'get a room' - elsewhere. Technically it's a reportable offence, likely to result in a small fine.

Some care has to be taken by participants at such an event. AFAIK, anal sex between men and women (here at least) is still not permitted, and found indulging in such an act is likely going to get you on a 'sex-offenders' register. As will sex between consenting juveniles I believe. [An ex-girlfriends lover got three months 'young offenders' jail time for this, now some 30 years ago. The girls mother read her rather lurid diary, and the rest - as they say, is history.]

On balance I suspect a single sex-with-a-table "offence" would get a Police visit and a verbal warning. If it had been with the purpose of performing to an audience known to be watching (neighbour) it may have generated a 'caution', which does actually create a criminal record, that may be referred to later. If the acts persisted, the matter would be referred to the CPS (DA?) who would consider the benefits to the community and the statistical benefit of a successful prosecution, before deciding the next step. Again, counselling would be the probable outcome of a court appearance. If that went nowhere and complaints to the Police continued, a voluntary "Sectioning" would be next....

Newspaper reports tell us daily, these procedures fail with alarming regularity, with responsible agencies saying; "they fell through the net". A possible alternate conclusion would be that once identified, this chap would actually be the target of 'social' abuse from just about everyone in the community. Their life would not be very pleasant....

In the U.S. we seem to jail people for many silly reason, though not paying property tax isn't one of them. Income tax yes; property tax no. The state just seizes the property...I guess the estimated cost of $30,000 per year to lock somebody up is worth it if it keeps the picnic tables safe (sic).

Style is built from the ground up!

In the U.S. we seem to jail people for many silly reason, though not paying property tax isn't one of them. Income tax yes; property tax no. The state just seizes the property...I guess the estimated cost of $30,000 per year to lock somebody up is worth it if it keeps the picnic tables safe (sic).

Which is why some people (including me) probably plan on moving from the U.S. Not trying to change the subject too much, but just saying.

Formally "HHDude"

The short history to this, is our local (council) tax for residents and the amenities the council provides for them. eg. Police; Refuse collection.

Years ago it used to be called 'The Rates' because the tax is largely based on the "rateable" value of your property. This includes private (owned) property, and that rented from landloords who would include local councils that provide social housing.

More [in]famously known as The Poll Tax. Now known as The Community Charge. :thumbsup:

One or two motivated pensioners have been jailed for refusing to settle their respective Community Charge bill, because the council has failed to provide the services they charge for. [seems fair, eh?]

Sadly, the magistrates court is part of the infrastructure that is trying to relieve people of money, for services they have not been supplied .... hence the jail time.

Unsurprisingly, "anonamous" donations have freed the pensioners after a day or two, "inside".

Geeeze Dude, sorry to see you go! After visiting almost every country with which the USA has diplomatic relations, I haven't found any other place where I would rather live. Zimbabwe might be a good choice.

• 1 month later...

I'm going to try and bring this back to the "college campus" topic that originally brought all this lovely debate up. Is anyone writing here actually of college age? I feel most of the posters here are older than that and was wondering about actual experiences of heeling on campus. I'm currently a college student and have been fighting myself over wearing heels out for a while now. At school a lot of my friends are very open, but I still worry what they would all think of me if I started wearing them. any thoughts? Canadian beaver, you had some heeling stories, care to elaborate?

My gf goes to university, and sometimes while she's in class she likes me to be there for when she has a lengthly break between classes. Well to make it a little more interesting for me, I'll wear a pair of my heels there. I've had ZERO (nadda, zilch, none, negatory, zip) bad comments, and I haven't even caught anyone checking out my heels (which saddens me a bit lol). There was actually one time I was wearing a pair of my stiletto boots and as I walked across the room I slipped on the tile floor. Well with alot of arm waving and more slipping I kept myself from going down, but I sometimes think it would've been less of a show if I just let myself fall :o One of the girls in the study room caught it all and gave me a "Whoo, way to go!" A positive comment pretaining to me keeping myself upright. So, getting back to the topc. I think ppl our age can heel VERY easily and freely at university/collage. I mean that's where 90% of ppl start expressing/finding themselves. BUT, I do feel that if you have no reason to be in or around a uni/coll campus, then you should prolly do your heeling elsewhere. A random person (heels or no) especially much older (no offence to anyone) would prolly raise suspision (sp?), even more so after repeat visits. Just my 3 cents worth.

Geeze, if you spend a lot of time there anyway, why not enroll ? After all, nothing like going to class and advancing your education while enjoying the experience in high heels?

Being a University Student, I can tell you that if you were to wear heels at my campus (UBC Vancouver), fingers will not be pointing at you, and nothing would happen. This is primarily due to the sheer level of expression that people bring to their campus lifestyles. Ive seen plenty of guys wearing skirts, makeup, and even ladies hosiery without any apparent reason other than to express their opinions on clothing differences between the two genders. However I have not seen anyone wear heels yet (its rare even with women!), because to be honest, UBC Vancouver is quite a big campus and classes are spread out over huge distances (one would need to run to make the 10 minute intervals between classes) and hence it would be impractical to wear them. But if I were you, I would definately give it a try! maybe just spend a day or two on campus, not wandering around but maybe giving the bookstore a visit, or the library a visit!:o

breaking social norms is a hobby of mine

Being a University Student, I can tell you that if you were to wear heels at my campus (UBC Vancouver), fingers will not be pointing at you, and nothing would happen. This is primarily due to the sheer level of expression that people bring to their campus lifestyles. Ive seen plenty of guys wearing skirts, makeup, and even ladies hosiery without any apparent reason other than to express their opinions on clothing differences between the two genders. However I have not seen anyone wear heels yet (its rare even with women!), because to be honest, UBC Vancouver is quite a big campus and classes are spread out over huge distances (one would need to run to make the 10 minute intervals between classes) and hence it would be impractical to wear them. But if I were you, I would definately give it a try! maybe just spend a day or two on campus, not wandering around but maybe giving the bookstore a visit, or the library a visit!:o

How do you find the heeling experience in Vancouver? Lot's of attention?

thanks a lot, thatotherguy! My campus is relatively small, so heels would not be out of the question, and lots of girls here wear them (our campus is famous for women!). I think your suggestion about small trips on campus is a great idea! Do you heel on campus? What was your first time there like?

How do you find the heeling experience in Vancouver? Lot's of attention?

Oh no, you are mistaken, I personally have not tried heeling out at all, although I have seen SOME people heel out in Vancouver (over the past several years)

I personally think heeling on college campuses is recommended....ONLY if you're of the university/college. As said before, college IS the time where all are trying or found their acceptance in a group. Where people are finding themselves and expressing it. I mean, if you don't start here, then where? Before you answer, think of how much more you'll be accepted later once you express it sooner. Already, I plan on doing it immediately when I get in. That's why I'm going for a college with dorm rooms :o Tell the roommate of your fetish, and he/she either accepts it, or keeps you away. Either way, they'll have to get use to it sooner or later.

Formally "HHDude"

Oh no, you are mistaken, I personally have not tried heeling out at all, although I have seen SOME people heel out in Vancouver (over the past several years)

Maybe some of those guys are part of our forum, Iloveboots for example. I've heard in the past that Vancouver is one of the more progressive cities, kind of like San Francisco and Seattle. I'd love to hear about someones' heeling experiences in that city.

I like your avatar by the way, who makes those shoes?

Maybe some of those guys are part of our forum, Iloveboots for example. I've heard in the past that Vancouver is one of the more progressive cities, kind of like San Francisco and Seattle. I'd love to hear about someones' heeling experiences in that city.

I like your avatar by the way, who makes those shoes?

Vancouver (Greater/Metro Vancouver) in my eyes, and in the eyes of many, is a fairly large city which operates much like a small town. I would say that wearing heels out would generate mixed reactions depending on which part of the metro area you are in. In the downtown core, I doubt you will generate nothing more than a feel stares when you walk but other than that nobody could care less because they are occupied with more important things - typing on their "blue"berries (i refuse to call them black because they are actually blue now). However, if you move just right past downtown and into the English Bay area, you would probably get some compliments (due to the abundance of the rich in that area). BUT, if you were to do some heeling out in say, Richmond, you would probably attact a large deal of attraction - and I mean HUGE - due to the primary population of asian immigrants and their more traditional views. (FYI, Richmond is where Caucasians are minority by a whole kilometer). As well, Richmond on the weekends is mostly flooded by teenagers due to the sheer energy the small island city has, therefore you might get some name calling (within say, a group of friends), and A LOT of stares. Now, I am just basing this information off my many years of living in the Metro Vancouver area, so I am not actually sure how accurate this is.:o

My shoes are Enzo Angiolini's, apparently hes some ex-designer for Nine West who went rogue. :-? Thanks though! I love those heels because they are both my first and because it was a "gift" from my girlfriend!

Well, I'm 24 now and go to school part time, I would have to say that people do not care nor have time to look at your feet - especially in lecture halls. Start off simple...maybe a loafer wedge, then progress from there. It's all a personal comfort level. The reactions I got, no matter if it was nail polish, fem sandals, or platforms, they just ask "are you wearing ___?" and I say "ya" and they just go "well then, thats very nice on you!". You get the little nervous giggle out of them, but then after it turns into a conversation piece. I hope this helps dingpat...but ask if you have more q's (that goes for anyone).