For those of you who have worn high heels in public...

roniheels

The first day I put some heels (boots). I decided to wear them for the day. I was walking to my house from the bus stop when my mate cycled passed, he stopped quickly and asked what the hell I was wearing. To which I responded heels. ( I was crapping myself). He then just looked at me and carried on cycling. I avoided him and his family for ages, incase he had mentioned anything to them. I now see him and his family quite regularly and he hasn't said anything since. My family know's I like wearing heels, but I don't feel comfortable wearing them in front of them, and it upsets my sister. So I tend not to wear them near my family. I do worry that someone I know will see me and what they will say, or anyone else for that matter. But I've come to the conclusion that I'm happy with who I am, and If they don't like it then thats there problem not mine. Hopefully, thats what I'l say if ever confronted and not just cower away.

Nick86 wrote:

I'm happy with who I am, and If they don't like it then thats there problem not mine.

Love that sentament! Strikes just the right spirit. :thumbsup:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I agree with Nick86 as well. I am in my own nirvana now as far as my appearance goes. When I go out, it's my fave style flare jeans, a nice top, my handbag, and of course, heels! I have 3 different pairs I wear regularly on my work days, and more that I wear in general - the highest being a pair of 5" stiletto knee boots. I go to the nail salon every 2 weeks, so it gives me another reason to go to the mall in heels, and although I'm sure I get stares, I really don't care anymore. I love the image I present now, and am a TON happier!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

its great, u an me can wear anything, aint it grand !! I'm uk 6 or 7 so i automatically go to the womens counter - a lot of gents shoes dont come in 6 anyway. I am also flamboyant when i go out, its fun ! At the flats where i live, the others know i do heels and the attitude is 'whatever'. Soulmate and her family are cool, daughter boughtme some 6" heels cos she thought i 'd like them (2 rite !!) I wear heels out most of the time, heel check by 2 girls at work (lift the trousers type look and admire, as they do 4" minimum themselves). Dont ever think all girls are turned off ! Never any direct anti comments ! I like to challenge people, and almost dare them to say something. Life is for living !!

The first day I put some heels (boots). I decided to wear them for the day. I was walking to my house from the bus stop when my mate cycled passed, he stopped quickly and asked what the hell I was wearing. To which I responded heels. ( I was crapping myself). He then just looked at me and carried on cycling. I avoided him and his family for ages, in case he had mentioned anything to them. I now see him and his family quite regularly and he hasn't said anything since.

Your "brave" (in quotes because you say you were crapping yourself) remind me of a quote from the first 48 hours movie (starring Eddie Murphy and Nick Nolte), "...Bulls**t, attitude and experience will tide us over..."

I have only started street heeling this past year and I still do it pretty carefully and they are less obvious heels (4.5" heel dark wedge boots covered by jeans). Mostly I have been wearing them only to go out at night with the wife. Just last week though, I did my biggest outing yet, went to an outdoor concert with about 5000+ people, it was still daylight for most of the concert, and I had to make frequent trips for beer (and therefore the restroom) and had to pass in front of a large open seating section each time where it felt a thousand eyes were on me. :thumbsup: That was the scariest thing I have done to date (even more so than coming out to the wife many years ago). For the concert the wife was so supportive and kept encouraging me to be brave, she was wonderful. I am so happy I did this though, hoping there was no cameras aimed at me, but I think I survived. :smile:

I haven't seem anybody out and about that I know (that didn't already know I wear heels) yet. I guess it would depend on who, but it would certainly "force" me to be open about it to them. Maybe it would depend on their reaction, but hoping it wasn't bad, it might make telling more people in my life easier. I think the problem might be to bump into my ex in-laws (who are Haitian and may not look at things the same culturally). It's an interesting topic, but if I learn to style right, and look good, then it'll be easier to talk about and explain. I think. I will certainly revisit this thread if it happens.

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

last night I had to take daughter-in-law to hospital casualty, nothing too serious, and had on 7cm two tone oxfords with slazenger casual trousers. Whilst sat in waiting area, the heels were fully on show, vamps as well. Got one or two smiles and no comments. I noticed a few heads turn as we walked the corridor out, but that was probably to do with the sound and not the vision.

totter along into history