Are you choosing what I should wear?

Histiletto

Histiletto: Well, to toss in my two cents worth (adjusted for inflation), you can't let ANYONE, not even the people here influence what you want to wear. That has to be your choice and yours alone, you can't be a sheep in that regard. Is any style of shoe truly appropriate or inappropriate? That depends on the person, and opinions can vary greatly.

Ultimately, you have to be confident and comfortable in whatever you decide to wear, and the only way to reach that particular level of nirvana is to make your own choice as to what looks good and appropriate on you for whatever outing you indulge in. You have to look at yourself in the mirror and be extremely critical of yourself in the process of determining what will work best for you.

Not everyone can wear spike heels like in my avatar pic. I like to think I can, but perhaps I'm the exception to the rule. You can decide for yourself here with these three examples:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Again, don't follow my example, you have to go your own way, make your own decision, develop your own style. Most importantly, you have to be totally independent of anyone and everyone else. That way, you can be happy and content regarding what you wear in public.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Thanks JeffB. I agree with all that you say and I still believe you are one of our members that can carry-off wearing stiletto heels where ever you go.

Thanks for the kind words. I simply do as best I can. Even though I took those pics a year ago, I consider them timeless because of the tastefulness of the outfits I wore, especially the combination of dress pants and four inch heeled pumps in the first picture. I like to think that stiletto heels flatter me most, that I look quite stylish in them over block heels that do absolutely nothing for me. Frankly speaking, I can't bring myself to wear anything other than spike heels. At the risk of sounding boastful, not everyone here can pull off the sort of look illustrated in my pictures, I'm just happy, and fortunate that I can. Nor should anyone want to imitate me, again, find your own look, your own style, create your own image, one you'll ultimately be content with.

Thanks for the kind words. I simply do as best I can. Even though I took those pics a year ago, I consider them timeless because of the tastefulness of the outfits I wore, especially the combination of dress pants and four inch heeled pumps in the first picture. I like to think that stiletto heels flatter me most, that I look quite stylish in them over block heels that do absolutely nothing for me. Frankly speaking, I can't bring myself to wear anything other than spike heels. At the risk of sounding boastful, not everyone here can pull off the sort of look illustrated in my pictures, I'm just happy, and fortunate that I can. Nor should anyone want to imitate me, again, find your own look, your own style, create your own image, one you'll ultimately be content with.

JeffB...

I emphatically agree with you. The pictures above tell me that you coordinate your wardrobe with your stiletto heels. I do the same thing. I especially enjoy wearing men's suits and coordinated stiletto heels. I thoroughly enjoy the look and it brings me satisfaction and happiness in the looks I create. And I enjoy going public with these looks, and the feedback I receive.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and pictures. It is so cool sharing my personal thoughts and opinions with people like yourself who have a similar philosophy concerning the wearing of high heels.:roll:

JeffB...

I emphatically agree with you. The pictures above tell me that you coordinate your wardrobe with your stiletto heels. I do the same thing. I especially enjoy wearing men's suits and coordinated stiletto heels. I thoroughly enjoy the look and it brings me satisfaction and happiness in the looks I create. And I enjoy going public with these looks, and the feedback I receive.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and pictures. It is so cool sharing my personal thoughts and opinions with people like yourself who have a similar philosophy concerning the wearing of high heels.:roll:

As that old saying goes, "Great minds think alike". In my mind, coordination is EVERYTHING. You can't just slap on any clothes with high heels and trot outside into the big bad public. You're bound to look stupid and/or foolish if you do while bringing unwanted attention to youself because you didn't dress just right.

The outfit you put together for whatever public outing is just as important as the shoes you pair with it, perhaps moreso. Your outfit has to provide adequate balance with the shoes as so to present a complete and stylish head to toe look. The idea is have people concentrate on the overall look, and not just the shoes you have on. And that's why coordination is vital.

My particular look: turtlenecks with jeans and/or dress slacks, usually with pumps is what suits me best, and I always make sure that both my shoes and my hosiery (Yes, I wear pantyhose! Can't tolerate bare skin) matches my outfit. Again, being coordinated is a must. The look you sport I find to be highly intriguing, something I might try myself in the future.

Thanks for your postings,

I concur with most of what you all have said. It is my choice!!!!

The thing that irked me to post this thread is there were those who were discussing that stilettoes should not be worn by guys because they were too feminine looking. So, what if they are! There is just as much feminine taste in me as there is masculine abilities in women. If we could be together right now, you would note that I have dominant male features and gestures, but within me there is a desire to wear certain feminine styled footwear. Where this desire came from is what has been a part of the traits that make me whole. Am I addicted or fetished as society has named it? No worse than any male that has a bunch of tools or a fleet of classic cars they hardly ever use or any female who has a collection of dresses, hats, shoes, and/or cars and etc. that haven't been seen since she bought them.

Now, the reason for prohibiting my wearing of feminine heels, because I am a male and I am not suppose to have these desires, is a societal crock that we can't quit feeding into. Do I need high heels to sustain life? Well, at this point that could be debated (as I strut before a public forum in my 5" stiletto black patent court shoes). On a more serious note, obviously I can function without them, however, my being craves to feel again and again the ecstatic Utopian environment (I know, it's a bit much, but go with it. OK!) I have felt while wearing them, especially when someone passes by or enters my awareness wearing one of my desired styles. (I'm picturing the cartoon of the smartly dressed for the 1950's era wolf gawking with his eyes bulging and tongue hanging out at a high heeled lady he just noticed.) OK! I wouldn't be that obvious, but the feelings would be.

Some how this mindset of gender has to be revamped or redefined. People are who they are and they should decide their personal look or attire. No one else has the right to dictate the agency of another in the matters of personal choices, as society has assumed and usurped. This has been said so many times before, but the practice or installation doesn't seem to be sinking in. I'm also struggling to make this knowledge apart of my existence and programming. We can be opinionated to the nth degree, but that doesn't give us the right to force others to adhere or even agree. We can advise or counsel, but forcing someone into following or accepting is a choice you can't make for them. The principle of personal agency ends at the point another person is. Rules and laws are set up for our physical interaction with others. There should be no restrictions regulating personal matters that doesn't physically affect someone else, except for the rules in ones conscience. If another person becomes offended, the offense is the problem of the offended, and not the person who made a choice and was perceived to offend. (Need any more about offending? HUM!) That's depending on if you perceived the offense. Dry? HUM!

We have all been given or have attained a certain level of intellect. Without our propensity to wear high heels, we would have had less of a chance to know this piece of life and I am not talking just to the guys here. Being able to know about or experience as much as we choose to grasp of what life has to offer is as much as anyone should expect. I hope our world can and will mature enough to return or make it easier to obtain those opportunities. (I'm setting down now!)

Thank you, Histiletto for you post and comment. You are so correct. As I said in a previous post, if a man can walk down the street in purple hair, body piercings, black lipstick and eye makeup dressed in goth and no one say a word or even pay attention to him (and they shouldn't), why should someone be affended, angry, or scared of me walking down the street in a business suit and stiletto heels?:roll:

JeffB; Great look. I like the over knee boots look. You pull it off very well. Wife likes the 2nd pic. She is really not into the thighhigh look yet, but were working on it.LOL! Good job my friend.

real men wear heels

In his post, Histiletto is lamenting the fact that society is locked on the differences between male and female members of our species and that society chooses to differentiate between the sexes by dressing them conspiciously differently. While, in its simplest form, female and male clothing is just a matter of style that people over the history of civilization have become used to using as a long distance way of identifying which is which. Seperation of peckers and pussies, so to speak. Now then, there is nothing saying that anyone can't wear what ever they choose to wear. If a guy wants to wear heels, then he should go for it because he can. However, he has to keep in mind that present day society associates high heels with women. And, as long as society has this association, any man in heels will be looked upon by the general public as practicing "devient behavior" and should be ready to "take the arrows." Over time, the arrows will become fewer and fewer. And, people will become more comfortable seeing men wearing stilettos. But, until that time comes (and it is still a long way away), persaverince is the name of the game. One other thing. Any man wearing heels in public is showing, revealing and/or announcing to one and all his differences from other men. In that he has chosen to cast off his anonyminty and tell, reveal or otherwise show the whole world that although he is a male, he wears high heels or other garmets reserved exclusively for feminine wear. If you don't believe me, just take a look at the number of members of this forum that insist their upon hiding their real identities. Up to and including the fact that they don't even want their geographical location known. But, yet they will carp, moan and whine about the fact that society won't accept them dressing as they really want to dress. What makes them, us or anyone else believe, that even if society accepted any man in woman's clothing and high heels, they would dress in public any more than they do now?

JeffB; Great look. I like the over knee boots look. You pull it off very well. Wife likes the 2nd pic. She is really not into the thighhigh look yet, but were working on it.LOL! Good job my friend.

Greetings!

Please tell your wife that I said thanks! It's always a huge rush when I get compliments from women on my overall style. That tells me that I'm doing things right when it comes to putting together an entire outfit, one that successfully incorporates high heels into same instead of them sticking out like the proverbial sore thumb.

To address JNR's comments, I'm of the opinion that it's all about mindset. After well over a century, people are used to seeing only women wear this while men wear that, and that the two should never mix. Even though women have successfully integrated men's clothing into their daily wardrobe with pretty much no controversy over the decades, men clearly don't have that sort of latitude in society these days. In the narrow mindset of people in general, men don't wear women's clothing and/or shoes, period, but when you ask said people with those closed minds why, they simple say "because", as if no further explanation is required.

It's simply what they're used to, plain and simple, and breaking the cement of those closed minds is a daunting task. However, I think we're slowly cracking that cement and doing so by presenting tasteful, positive images, images in which men like myself can look stylish instead of outrageous in heels. Once the freak show component associated with men wearing heels is eliminated and society comes to accept that men in heels is no more bizarre than men with long hair or sporting earrings, then acceptance will eventually arrive. Yes, it's a slow, painstaking process, but I'm of the opinion that acceptance will happen, perhaps even in our lifetimes.