Getting Your Feet Wet

amandahls

Hi meganiwish and Sangue, Yeah, Breakfast at Tiffany's is a great film. I'm just trying to remember when that was made, I think it was 1986? When you mentioned about mesh tights worn over opaques, I've done that myself, but I have a even better and cool thing to do. Get yourself some black satin-look leggings that have little slits all down the outside of each leg, and wear them over a pair of brightly-coloured opaque tights. I've done this with several different colours. The best colours for me are pillar-box red, royal blue, leaf-green and bright purple/mauve. If you want to be more daring, try wearing neon pink 70 denier opaques under such leggings. I did this the other week and wore a tight, bright pink top with them, and stretch pull-on black calf-length boots :smile: The contrast between the shiny black leggings with the super-bright neon tights shining betwen the slits looked fantastic, and I had a fair few people asking me where I got leggings like that. They thought it was just leggings with the coloured bits, and were quite amazed when I said that it was coloured tights worn under them for the effect. And yes, before you ask, I have got soaked in them, and they look and feel great :wave: Anyway, let us know what you think. Regards, Sharon. xx

Hi Sharon, What a brilliant idea with the leggings. You're so clever and inventive. I definitely will try that. I can picture it and think it would go with my look perfectly. Do you buy the leggings with slits in or do you make the slits yourself? Breakfast at Tiffany's was made in 1961, unless there was a remake. I know there was a song called the same in the 80s or 90s, but I can't remember who that was by. I went for a walk in the park near my house this afternoon. There are some stepping stones across a little stream. I managed to find a wobbly one and 'accidently put my foot in the water It was freezing, but like you I find my feet soon warm up. I had on my black ballet pumps and green opaques. It feels quite odd to have one wet foot and one dry, but there were too many people about for me to feel ok about stepping right in. Talking about feeling warm, have you ever noticed that when you go in the sea in winter it feels warmer than out of the water? I don't know if that's true if you go right in. Regards, Megan

Hi meganiwish (and the rest of the gang), Thank you for the nice compliments. With regards to your question about the slits in the leggings, no, I don't do them myself, I buy them already like it. I think trying to do it yourself would be tricky, as getting the size and distance between each slit would not be an easy thing to do properly. As for the song "Breakfast at Tiffany's", that was 1986, and not the film (my mistake). The song was sung by 80s pop group "Deep Blue Something". As for what you said about going in the sea in winter, were you referring to just wearing a swimsuit/bikini, or actually going in fully clothed, including shoes/boots? Because there is a lot of difference in how you feel the temperature when going in fully clothed. I personally find it much nicer to go in clothed, as I love the way the wet clothes feel, and more importantly they keep the wind off you. Anyway, look forward to hearing from you again soon. Regards, Sharon. xx

Hi Sharon, Deep Blue Something, of course. In those days I was too busy swooning for Robert Smith of the Cure. Have you ever done any dressmaking? I'm not very good, though I can turn out a passable skirt. But years of buying in charity shops has made me bold with the scissors. The thought of altering hosiery had never crossed my mind, but with your idea of layering with leggings I might give it a try. I'll let you know what the results are like. Think I''l try it out on some cheap ones first. I can see a pattern of slits all over at different angles. Hmm. I could wear a pair of half calf boots with loose legs and two inch heels and a black skirt. Purple opaque tights underneath, and do you think purple top, or would you go for a contrasting colour. You might get me in higher heels yet, Sharon. I haven't worn a swim suit for years. Contact lenses ruined swimming for me, but I do like to paddle. Maybe this is me looking wistfully at the medium I'd like to be in. I meant, in winter, as you wade in wearing shoes and tights, it feels like you're stepping into warm water, and even more so if you go come out and then go back in. I believe at this time of the year the sea actually is warmer than the air. It's not the same in a stream, as I found out yesterday Love to hear from you again soon, Regards, Megan

Hi everyone, Just wanted to tell you about my afternoon. We'd had rain a promised, and I had a couple of hours free this afternoon so I went out for a walk. The chance of more rain also made it a good chance to try out the pink and grey tartan duffel coat given me by my daughter before Christmas (she 'd decided she didn't like it). I love it. Toasty warm. Anyway, I thought about what Sharon had said about good quality shoes coping with water, so I thought I'd give my favourite ones a try after all. They're well made, all hand-stitched, no glue to come unstuck, and I decided that even if the dye was not fast, if I was wearing black tights, the worst that would happen is that I'd end up with green dyed feet. Down by the seafront there was a big puddle that looked clean. They really don't keep the pavements very well. I managed to venture into it 'by accident' by pretending to text on my phone while walking. I went in right up to my ankle. I was glad about that, as I hope it means I won't get a tide mark when they dry, since they were equally wet all over. They're quite thick, soft leather, so I think they might take a long time to dry. I'm not going to rush it. I treated myself to a bus home so I could sit there and enjoy the squelchiness knowing that no-one around me knew. Sharon, there is a poster on the seafront giving the tide times and water temperature. It gives 9 degrees C, only a forecast I know, but probably a few degrees warmer than the air. Regards, Megan

Hi meganiwish, Sounds like you had fun :smile: What type of shoes are these? Do they have any heel, and if so, what type, and what height? Also, when you went in that very deep puddle, how long did it take to completely fill your shoes? Are they slip-on or lace-up? Lastly, what denier black tights did you wear? Anyway, hope to hear back from you soon. Regards, Sharon. xx

Hi Sharon, I did enjoy myself, thank you. I'm afraid you wouldn't approve of my shoes. They're very flat, not a trace of a heel I'm afraid, round toed and cut like ballet pumps, with a strap across between the ankles. I suppose a bit medieaval looking. Jade green with an embossed celtic pattern on the front. Not very stylish, I know, but I love the colour, and I got hand-stictched shoes for £75. Actually, as I now know, they're bottle green when wet. My tights were 300 denier. My ankles and the tops of my feet got wet instantly, but it took two or three seconds for the water to make its way into my shoes. I could feel it run down the sides and then under my instep before running down to my toes. The shoes' leather is quite thick, almost like chamois is the best I could describe it, and it seemed to soak the water up quite quickly. But sitting on the bus I could feel the wet around my ankles and could feel that my feet were wet. My shoes are still soaked, I think they'll take a time to dry. I had to hide them tonight because my mum came round for dinner and she'd have made a fuss if she saw them. God, I should have grown out of that by now. I put my crocs (ugh) on to see her to the taxi, and after she'd gone I kicked them off and walked back to the house in my tights to get my feet wet again. They're damp still. My shoes are so disappointing. I see such beautiful shoes and I wish could wear them. In a shop today, I did see some pink DMs with about a three inch heel. I wonder if they come in my size. I could save up and I bet I could manage them. They'd go with my coat. Have you been up to anything fun today? What have you worn. Regards, Megan

Hi all, Working now, and totally stuck. About to give up for the night. But, Sangue, just wanted to know, did you find the Guardian in the library? Jane, I know like me (or me like you) you're shy of getting wet in public. Has it occurred to you that that might make it more fun? Hiding things and keeping secrets is fun, especially when you can share the secrets secretly. Just a thought. Regards, Megan

Hi Megan, Your shoes actually sound really nice, and whilst I usually live in block-heeled knee-length boots, I do also possess some ballet flats and similar style flat shoes. I also have some flats with a dolly bar across the tops. They look very schoolgirl-ish (I remember my Mum buying me shoes like that when I was about 13). However, they still look really nice when worn with a pair of black opaques and a short floral skirt or mini-dress. I've deliberately stepped in very deep puddles wearing them before, and you're right, they do completely fill within just a couple of seconds, and in exactly the way you described with your shoes :smile: Nice to hear you were wearing 300 denier opaque tights. It's funny you mention those, as I'm also wearing black 300 deniers here at work today, along with my black 3" shaped block heel leather knee-length boots, a cream satin blouse and navy blue skirt suit. It's a regular fully-lined jacket with a matching short 18" length pencil skirt (also fully lined). It's very comfy, and also quite tight, but I like skirts like this, as I'm tall and very slim, so they give my backside a nice shape, while revealing enough of my long legs between the bottom of my skirt and the tops of my boots :wave: Well, must get on, look forward to hearing from you again soon. Regards, Sharon. xx

Hi Sharon, I love the sound of your outfit. I bet the chaps in your office know where they are with you. Did you get the outfit wet? Oh, to sit in a meeting dripping,and just challenge one of them to mention it. But you're bolder than me You'd need to be, to get your feet wet in boots.An accidental step in a puddle won't do it. I go to a quiz at a social club every Wednesday. Didn't win tonight,but I'd slipped my shoes off, and when it was my turn to go to the bar, I stepped in a wet patch. No-one knew. Regards, Megan

Hi everyone! I am so excited that Megan has joined the conversation and that Sangue & Jane have returned. I live in Germany but have been on a business trip in the United States thus I don't get regular internet access. I miss all of you guys and the fun conversation we have here :smile: Sharon, thanks for the idea of using a pre-paid sim card in the States. However, I prefer to give a lengthy response instead of just typing "hi, yes, no, ok, good, bye" hahaha as I don't have the patience for typing anything lengthy on a cell phone's tiny screen. I managed to find a public computer at a local library so I can come online catch up. Sangue, thank you so much for giving me the idea of trying 'alpaca wool' socks! The fact that they are luxuriously smooth is something that both my skin as well as my pantyhose would greatly appreciate. The fact that they are super warm as well is another bonus as I love to keep my feet and legs very warm. Do you know if they provide good padding as well? Have you considered trying a pair of alpaca wool socks inside your heels and pantyhose? Megan, Sangui - Interesting idea wearing mesh stockings over solid colour pantyhose! I usually wear two pairs of solid colour pantyhose but wearing a bold colour, such as a white colour fishnet over solid opaque black pantyhose is a very unique look. Sangue, I am curious though, how does your husband react to you wearing layered pantyhose? Or perhaps he can't even tell you are wearing layers if the two colour pantyhose is the same? What about you Megan, can your friends tell when you are wearing two layers of pantyhose? Megan - I hope you get your plumbing fixed so you can at least choose when you want your pantyhose wet and when you want them dry! Sharon - You mentioned that you are wearing 300 denier opaque tights with black knee high boots and a navy blue suit. What colour are your ultra thick opaque tights? When wearing a dark suit with dark boots, do you go for suntan tights, black tights or another colour? As for myself, I did some shopping in small boutiques here in the United States. I bought this creamy white cowlneck sweater which I wore under a black suit jacket, black pencil skirt, two layers of thick suntan pantyhose, two pairs of thick wool socks outside my pantyhose and my black leather knee high boots with 3" heel. Because of all the padding inside my boots, walking in these tall heels is not that uncomfortable although the boots are on so tight, I am not sure how I am going to take them off when I get back to my hotel room tonight. LOL Heidi on a business trip

Hi all, Heidi, how good to have you back! Isn't that strange? Because I've read all you've written I feel I know you and I miss you when you're not there. Hope you've had a lovely time in the States. I spent my twentieth birthday in New York. We'd been round the states and Canada, and it was the last day of our ticket. I obviously got there too late to have my breakfast at Tiffany's! My boyfriend got me a knish and a cinnamon roll for my birthday. I didn't mind. It was very kind of him and we were both poor. He kissed me at the top of the Empire State Building. It's supposed to be electric. It was just a kiss. Regards Megan

Hi everyone, This is a very diverse, active group of people we have here. Let me see if I got everyone's fashion preference correct. Sharon - frequently wears knee high boots, trainers or pumps on rare occasions - loves high denier opaque tights - likes to go fully clothed into her own heated pool MeganIWish - likes pumps with colorful opaque tights - accidentally slips off pumps to step in wet puddles - not sure if catfish is dangerous :smile: Sangue - wears sandals year round, even in cold weather - wears tights occassionally - enjoys discretely getting wet Jane - likes to wear peep toe pumps with bare legs - enjoys discretely getting wet - uses rainy days and puddles to her advantage Heidi - likes knee high boots with layered tights & thick socks - tights & socks are layering to make wearing heels more comfortable - likes her feet to stay hot, dry and covered up Alexa - likes gothic style high heels, pumps, sandals & boots - daring when it comes to getting wet Wyndi - lives in hot Texas, thus high heel sandals & bare legs are her style - likes to look pretty and play in the water with her sandals Did I get this about right?

Hello Hanna, Don't want to speak for the other girls, but you got some of it right for me. You could add, worked all night, now going to bed weeping because she can't work out how to add an avatar. I'm very new to this computory stuff. I'd love to wear heels,but I look, and feel, like a ballerina on points. My feet are just too small, so I look and wish. What brings you here? Do you like to get your feet wet, or are you brave like Sharon and go whole hog? And I still don't know if catfish are dangerous. They're big, aren't they? Regards, Megan

Hi gang, Firstly, I'd like to welcome Hanna to our little group. I'm going to send you a friend request on here, as I only have people on friends who are in our little gang. As for what you put about me, I must say, you were spot on! :smile: And from what I read about the rest of our group, I certainly think you've got most of it right. Heidi, regarding your question about my tights when I wear dark coloured skirt suits, I tend to colour match my opaques with the skirt and jacket, so I wear my navy 140 deniers with a navy skirt suit, bottle green 140 deniers with a dark green skirt suit, and so on and so forth. As for my 300 denier tights, I only have those in black at the moment, as it's the only colour I can find. I have asked my friend in England to see if the supermarket where she got them for me does them in other colours. I would love to own 300 denier tights in navy blue, as that's my favourite colour of opaques. Megan, thank you for the compliments on my outfits. Regarding getting wet in it, I didn't that evening when I got home, but I more than likely will do tomorrow when I get home from work, as I like to have a long bath on Friday evenings and I do my laundry on Saturday morning, so there's nothing better than relaxing in a nice, deep, warm bath with my entire work outfit on, leather knee-length boots included. It's the best time to do it, as my boots can stand upright on a radiator and will be dry as a bone for work on Monday morning, and the wet skirt suit, blouse, tights and underwear can sit in a bag wet overnight, and go in the washing machine on Saturday morning :wave: Well, that's me done for now. Look forward to hearing from you again soon. Regards, Sharon. xx

Hi Sharon, That sounds like a lovely way to end the week. Do you find that warm water feels very different from being in the pool or the sea? I don't just mean warmer. I know when I put my feet into warm water it feels at first almost as though it's not there and I can enjoy discovering it, as it were. I've never done a bath or shower fully clothed, but I think I should. Would you believe, I've not got a washing machine. It broke and I never replaced it, so I do my laundry by hand. How much easier, and fun, it would be to have a daily shower in my clothes and wash them then. I've not seen 300 denier in anything but black, but I haven't searched. You'd think it would be possible to find them. I'll keep an eye open. Regards, Megan

Hi everyone, I have internet access again while on the road, so I am happy that I can chat with everyone once more :smile: Megan, I can't say how excited I am to see you here on chatting on this corner of the net with us! You and your bf sound so romantic! Sharing a kiss on your 20th birthday at what was once the world's tallest building is one of those things you remember for a long long time. Did you dress really nicely for that special date? Hanna, you are extremely observant! With a sharp eye like yours, I am sure a lot of fashion magazines would love to have you scoping out what future fashion trends are. What you wrote about me is very accurate, I wear layers of pantyhose & socks inside knee high boots all the time to make walking in high heels more comfortable and less painful. Megan, Hanna, the two of you ask a very interesting question about catfish! The only thing I know about them is that I once saw on a televised cooking show that you can sautee pan fried catfish with lemon, paprika, ground pepper and raspberry jam for a delicious entree. hahaha ...... This brings up an interesting point, has anyone here ever stepped into a body of water where there were fish nearby? Sharon, you wear boots a lot, like me. When you go to work, how long are your skirts? Do they go to the tops of your boots and completely hide the knee or do they show some knee? My business trip to the States has been extended. I will need to do some shopping and laundry here. The extreme climate difference between indoors and outdoors is very drastic here. It feels like 0C (32F) when outdoors but inside this particular lab I am working at, the temperature feels more like +26C (79F)! After entering the lab and working for a little while, I had taken off my suit jacket and sweater. I was just wearing a tank top, suit pencil skirt, two pairs of pantyhose, one pair of wool socks and my knee high leather fur lined dress boots with 3" heel. It got really warm inside my boots. I could not have removed my thick wool socks, or else my fur lined leather high heeled boots would have become loose. Walking in loose boots with a 3" heel is just asking for an accident to happen. Sharon, if it was you, what would you have done in my situation? Megan, you mentioned that you have small feet that don't look good without stockings before wearing pumps. Have you considered wearing high heel boots with pantyhose? Heidi

Hi Heidi, I've just finished working and was about to turn off for the night so delighted to find you here. He was a nice boyfriend. I haven't seen him now since 1986, though. We'd just got into New York that morning, to catch a plane home that night. We were off a four day Greyhound journey from Vancouver in Canada, so I think I was probably looking a bit rough at the time. In the summer here the mackerels come in really close by the shore. I think they come in chasing tiny little fish which you can see swimming around you when you stand in the water. I would imagine you could feel them if you had bare feet and legs. You can't feel them through tights. Hope your business trip is going well. Regards, Megan

Heidi, I managed to miss the end of your post. I have got a pair of mid calf cowboy boots with about a two inch heel, which is about the highest I'm comfortable with. Any higher and I feel like I'm on my toes. Also, it's strange how high heels seem to make long legs look longer while making my 60cm legs look even shorter. Not fair. Megan

Hi gang, Megan, as for your question regarding the different feelings between warm, cool and cold water, yes, they all certainly do feel very different. I stepped into my bath the other week wearing an expensive pair of trainers and soft white cotton ankle socks over black 140 denier opaque tights. When I stepped in I could feel my trainers filling with water but not nearly as much as if I'd done it with cold water. This is because my feet were really nice and warm in them, so it took me a while to feel the nice warm bath water. When I do it with cold, it's a much faster sensation, as I feel it flooding the trainers, going all around and between my toes and under the soles of my feet, all through my socks and tights. Heidi, in answer to your question regarding my skirt lengths, nearly all of my pencil skirts are either 18", 19" or 21" long. I don't like ones that come below the knee. Being rather tall (just shy of 5'10"), my longest 21" skirts are about an inch or so above my knee. The 18" skirts are around 4" above my knee, so I always have a slight amount of visible leg from the tops of my boots to the bottom of the skirt. I like it this way, as it allows me to show off any fancy tights that I'm wearing. Regarding your second question, as I literally live in opaque tights all the time, my feet and legs have become so used to the feeling of them being there that temperature extremes, either very cold or very hot, don't affect me. So for me, it would have been no problem, I would have kept my 140s or 300s with knee boots on, and just taken my jacket off if I was feeling too warm. Anyway, look forward from you again soon, and hope you all have a lovely weekend. Regards, Sharon. xx

Hi everyone, I felt I was letting everyone down a little, so I wore my boots tonight. They're only 2 inch, but friends used to me in flats commented, so I felt like I was tottering on something special. I wore socks with my thick tights, because it was so cold. I wore a black skirt which came just below the knee, because I wanted to wear the coat my daughter gave me. I don't have a coloured skirt that would go with pink. She would tell me that it looks wrong to have your skirt longer than your coat. I think I would look like I'd forgotten to put my skirt on. It must be an age thing. I had a purple polo neck sweater. I like the cold weather when I've got warm clothes, because I like the feeling of having a cold face and the rest of me toasty. Sharon, I've only ever been fully in water clothed by accident, and so it was cold. I think I might try a clothed bath tomorrow. If the feeling with warm water is the same for all over as it is for your feet, I can hardly wait. Would you recommend the full luxury bath experience, with candles and wine, or is that going to distract from the delight? Regards, Megan

Hi Heidi, I see you're online at the moment. I'm doing my usual weekend thing of being up in the middle of the night. Some of my weekday work involves me getting up halfway through the night, and I can't seem to shake it off. I'm guessing from the time difference that you're either east coast or mid east. Is it going well Stateside for you? I hope you're keeping warm and dry, as I know that's what you like. Have you got snow? To think, I was talking about it being cold here. When I was there first time it was in the summer. We were in New Orleans at one point, and it was so hot in the day that even I was bare legged. A creepy man we met down by the river one night poured a bottle of water over me and I was almost grateful. My boyfriend was very scared of him. He told me I talked like an angel because of my English accent. I was scared of him too. But what I remember most was, it was so hot outside, and when you went into a place they had the A/C on so high it was freezing. Exactly different from what you're suffering. How do Americans choose what to wear? Hope you're having an enjoyable and profitable trip. Regards, Megan

Hi everyone, Megan, thank you for adding me to your friends list. The cowgirl boots you mentioned with the 2" heel sounds cute. I know that when riding horses, the heel is very useful as it allows you to firmly grip the stirrup, thus all cowgirl boots have a heel of some sort. I am also very surprised that you find wearing heels makes you shorter. In my office, I find usually the shorter people tend to wear really high heels to look tall. Have you ever tried wearing wedge heels? Are those more comfortable for you? ....... You mentioned that the other day, you wore a cute purple polo sweater with cowgirl boots with 2" heels. Did the padding of the socks and pantyhose make the heels a lot more comfortable? Sharon, interesting perspective on the difference of getting wet in cool, warm and hot water. I never thought of that. I noticed that you play in the water in aerobic shoes a lot. Is aerobic shoes the most common footwear for water play for you? Sharon, I know you love the 300 denier or 140 denier pantyhose. Have you ever considered wearing your 300 denier pantyhose which comes in one colour, black and wearing a pair of fun patterned pantyhose over them in any colour of your choice? Sharon, you were the exact person I was thinking of when I was in that hot laboratory! I didn't think you would take off your boots either. hahaha After spending the day wearing two pairs of pantyhose, one pair of wool socks and my knee high leather fur lined dress boots with 3" heel in the hot laboratory, I really got used to super warm calves and ended up sleeping in a pair of fresh pantyhose with wool socks over them that night. Megan, I see that you have travelled extensively through the United States & Canada. You already mentioned New York to the east, New Orleans to the south and Vancouver to the west. I take it you also notice a huge difference in fashion in the Americas? In the trendy areas of major east coast cities like New York, people really really dress up. High heels are very common in places like Wall Street. In the south like New Orleans, everyone seems to dress very casually and flip flops is worn by almost all the women there. I have never been to Vancouver so I can't comment on that city. When you last travelled to North America, did you make any fashion related purchases? Megan, Sharon, I learned something about American culture that is a bit different from European culture. Did you know that Americans remove their footwear once they enter their home? Heidi

Hi gang, Heidi, in answer to your questions, I like going in wearing trainers, especially my really expensive ones, as they tend to have lots of cushioning and padding in them, which becomes super squishy and squelchy when soaked, and I just love the feeling of it and the sound that it makes when I wriggle my toes around in them. When I do this, I often wear a pair of nice, thick, soft socks over my tights. Walking in them when they're soaked is also fun, as it pushes down on the cushioning, forcing the water to go in and out between my toes through my socks and tights. Obviously, my other main favourite for soaking, bathing in and going swimming wearing is a decent pair of leather knee-length boots, as I just love the way they feel to get wet in and have them on wet. When I wear boots, I don't wear socks, just my opaque tights, as I love the smooth feeling of the soft tights on my feet against the insides of my boots, be it either smooth-lined or fur-lined. With regards to your second question, I haven't tried that, but like I said in a previous post, I often wear brightly coloured opaques with a pair of black satin-look leggings with small slits down the outside of each leg. The contrast between the black leggings and the brightly-coloured opaques through the slits looks really nice :smile: I'm glad to hear that you slept with a pair of tights on. I do this every night, all year round, and just increase or decrease the denier depending on the time of year. Like I said, I think I've become addicted to wearing tights, as whenever I take them off it feels like part of me is missing, even more so than putting a top on without a bra on under it! Megan, glad to hear you like the idea of a fully-clothed bath. You could do it with the candles and wine, but the main focus really needs to be on the outfit you're going to wear. Just imagine that you're planning on going to a posh party or an evening out with friends, or even going to the gym, and plan the outfit accordingly. Different shoes and boots and different clothes all have a different feeling when you bathe in them. For example, trainers, socks, tights with leggings over them, cotton bra and panties, stretch cotton top and a baggy hoodie feel lovely to bathe or swim in, but feel completely different from knee-length boots, opaque tights, satin bra and panties, satin blouse and a two-piece skirt suit. For me, both the above mentioned outfits are my favourites for getting drenched in. Accessorising can also be fun, for example wearing super-tight skinny jeans with a glittery belt on them, and wearing a comfy puffa jacket with a scarf and maybe even a hat and gloves. Dress up like you're wrapping up really well for a winter walk, and then get into a deep bath and slowly submerge yourself. Trust me, it feels amazing doing it with so much on. Anyway, hope you have fun doing it. Please let us know everything that you wore, and describe the experience in detail. Look forward to hearing from you soon. Regards, Sharon. xx

Hi everyone, Glad to have you on my friends list as well Sharon. Like you, I only add people I talk to onto my friends list. Megan, I see you got your avatar up, congrats! As for what brings me here, it is interesting lively conversation :smile: It does look like you have a very lively group here. I do a lot of salsa in my spare time and thus I wear high heels a lot. Just like Sharon, I wear boots a lot as it is painful if someone steps on my on the dance floor in stiletto heels. Like Heidi, I wear padding inside my boots so dancing in heels is less tiring. However, unlike everyone else here, I am trying to stay dry in my boots, not get wet! LOL I am not sure if I fit into your little group here which is why I have been so quiet. Hanna

Hi everyone Hello hanna and welcome to our little group. :smile: You were just about there with me too in your summary of us - only difference being I prefer to get my peeptoes wet wearing tights... but I'm not fussy if the opportunity arises. You should give it a go! :wave: Sorry, another fleeting visit. I have an exam on Tuesday so filling every minute with revision (or learning!) at the moment. However, I did spend about an hour in the bath earlier reading my notes while wearing tan tights - nothing else I'm afraid... not sure popping my wet toes above the water every now and again for a wiggle really helped me focus... but hey! :P Hope everyone is well and hope to be back more again soon. Jane x

Hi everyone, Jane, how lovely to see you back. Good luck with your exam on Tuesday. What a horrible time of year to have one. Hanna, you're not alone in wanting to stay dry. Our Heidi does too, though I think Jane and Sharon may have designs on changing that, if only for an experiment. Heidi, I do like wearing socks over my tights in boots when it's cold, especially if the boots are a bit tight. Somehow that makes it feel even warmer, a bit like that illusion you get that it's warmer if you tie your laces tighter. But maybe that's just me. With regards to looking shorter, what I mean is that with my short legs heels seem to foreshorten them. I know it's an illusion, and probably one that's only in my mind, but I don't feel taller, I just feel like a short girl standing on something high. I enjoy getting yor suggestions though, and I will keep my eyes open for something I would feel I look right in. Boots would almost certainly be the way to go, maybe longer than I'm used to. I haven't been back to the States since 1989 when I was studying in Mexico and went to San Francisco for Easter. I had a funny incident with immigration on the bus which ended with me being held at an immigration post for a few hours thinking I might get sent back. The men were lovely and polite. They called me ma'am. I felt like a Southern belle. In the end their superiors told them to let me stay, even though I shouldn't have been allowed to really They were most embarrassed, but it wasn't their fault, it was people on the border who made the mistake. I can't really remember the fashions, or rather, I think my memories are contaminated by what I've seen since on film and television. Back in England I'd just been through a fairly gothy phase, which certainly wouldn't have fitted in in Mexico, so I'd gone a bit hippy. I didn't buy much, because I never saw anything I thought I'd wear back home. Sharon, I tried the bath and I loved it. I can't believe I've never done it before. I'm going out with some friends later, so I wore what I might have worn for that. I have a check dress in shades of grey and blue. It's sleeveless, but I can wear a sweater over the top. I chose a chunky knit bottle green with a roll neck and I wore bottle green 140 denier opaques. You'll have gathered I'm not going anywhere special I chose the dress because I would have worn it if I weren't going to wear my check coat again. I wore black ballet pumps with bows on the front. I loved it when I stepped in. I could feel the warmth straight away but it took a few seconds to register the wetness and I could feel the water finding its way around my feet in the shoes. I sat down into the water and stretched my legs out. The warm water seemed to make my tights cling tighter to my thighs. I took my shoes off and wiggled my toes, then I put them back on again and I could feel the water squeezing out of them. Then I slid down up to my shoulders. The sweater felt really heavy. I stayed in for about twenty minutes, just lying there and enjoying the wet warmth. When I stood up the sweater hung really heavy. I got undressed in the bath and dumped the clothes in the washbasin. I'll deal with them tomorrow. I'm sitting in a warm towelling robe now. As soon as I've finished here I'll have to go and choose what I'm going to wear tonight. Something warm. I'm definitely going to try it again . Hope to hear from you soon, Regards, Megan

Hi everyone, I too love wearing two or more pairs of pantyhose, with each one a different colour. I once wore three pairs, the inner most was black, the middle layer was white and the outer most was skin tone. I paired that with a nifty mid-thigh black leather skirt and knee high black leather boots with a 3" heel. At the party that evening, a lot of people were staring at my legs trying to figure out what colour my pantyhose was! hahaha Good luck with exams Jane, hope to hear from you more when you aren't as busy studying. Megan, if those are high denier pantyhose and thick socks you have inside your cowgirl boots with the 2" heel, try walking around in them. Doesn't the extra padding make walking in heels a lot more comfortable? Megan, you have even travelled to Mexico, as well as USA & Canada. You really have seen a lot of North America! Did you travel to other parts of central America like Guatemala, Honduras, Panama as well? ......... I agree with you, the fashion in western USA is quite different from fashion here in Europe although being in eastern USA, I sure love the brands they have here like Guess, DKNY, Nine West, Juicy Couture, etc. Heidi