Happy Thanksgiving

Bubba136

Today is Thanksgving day here in the USA. I'd thought I'd share this item, appropriate for this celebration, I found on the internet with you.

To all our board members, especially those that are in the USA that are celebrating this holiday, Happy Thanksgiving!

http://www.jacquielawson.com/viewcard.asp?code=0183913358

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Cool! Nobody seems to make such a big deal on this side of the pond over harvest festival :lol: Perhaps we should

Man is born in freedom, but soon becomes enslaved, in cages of convention from the cradle to the grave - Jeff Waynes War Of The Worlds/Sung by David Essex

When the middle class religious nuts known as "Puritans" settled here in 1620 they nearly starved to death the first winter, and surely would have the second had it not been for the Indians who took pity on them and showed them how to grow corn, among other things. Therefore in the fall of 1621, they Puritans invited their Indian friends over for a meager feast of thanks. The Thanksgiving Feast Celebration concept was revived sometime in the late 19th century and has evolved from there. My memory for dates may be slightly askew, but I believe these are the essestial facts, nonetheless. Somebody out there correct me if I'm wrong, though.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

At the risk of being too serious--the Puritans, who at least according to American tradition had the celebration as described above on those dates, have been the selected founding fathers of the US. The first continuous settlement was in Virginia, complete with slaves and tobacco; not that the Puritans did not own slaves, which they did. At any rate, the Puritans (actually, a particular sect, the Brownists), who first went into exile in Holland and then went on a ship chartered by a company to found a colony in N. America, were out to escape religious persecution in England and the pollution of the C of E, as they saw it. So, they landed, almost starved for a winter, and declared that they had come to be the beacon of the world and to build a city on a hill that would be the model of a Christian commonwealth in a new world free of the corruption of England and its church. During the next several decades they removed all of the Native Americans by force and later tried women and men as witches and executed them. Of course, we scrub them up to remove the fact that they would exclude all who were not of their religious belief, which they did. Soon they were the destination point for thousands of Puritans before the English wars and Oliver Comwell, etc. Lastly and most seriously, those who would claim the heritage of the Puritans would deny the ungodly wearing of heels by men, if they noticed and took a mind to. For the present, the holiday has been reduced to a day to overeat and watch American football on TV, while surrounded by one's relatives.

Go gently through life.

OOF!! I ate WA-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-Y to much with relatives on Thursday, then had the colossal nerve to take home a doggie bag which I polished off the following evening. Good thing the weekend's here, 'cause I need to get in lots and lots of exercise to burn off all these calories! :-D

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

We got out of the habit of celebrating thanksgiving when we returned to the UK. Us kids wanted to (2 christmas dinners!) but parents thought it too much of a bind. I miss the pumpkin pie though!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.