More footwear statistics

euchrid

Recent Daily Mail article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=517958&in_page_id=1879

Do any HHP ladies wish to comment on the accuracy of the figures?

Do any HHP guys want/dare to say how their collections compare statistically to those of the "average woman"?

I've spent far more than I should have, but i'm not quite up to £33k yet! ;)

Always High-Heel Responsibly

I'd say that figure, and the cost breakdown was a very accurate summation of Mrs FastFreddy's purchasing habits and ratio of shoes, in 'shoe wardrobe'.

"Worst offence" to date .......

Walking into a North London town, herself spotted a pair of thighboots with some fur trim around the top, on display in a boutique. Although she doesn't really like thigh boots, and despite them being priced at £180, she thought it would be fun to try them on. At the time time I thought it a reasonably safe venture, given the price and boot style.

The size offered fitted, and were surprisingly comfortable for a 4" heel, so were bought at the "bargain" price of £150. And have never been worn. [Not even as bedroom slippers. :wink:]

Fortunately, the purchase wasn't funded by myself. ;)

OK, it's not shoes, but it is perhaps an insight into the female psyche. A work colleague and his wife used to visit her mum every Wednesday evening. Before they went, the wife used to spend at least an hour yackking on the phone to her mum. The guy used to complain that there wasn't any point wasting money on the long phone call, because she could soon talk in person anyway. (OK, there might be value in a short call if mum needed something bringing over). It had been going on like this for years and the guy was crawling up the wall with frustration. He saw a little sense when I pointed out that the phone call only cost about a pint of beer (in those days, .... the call is much cheaper now). I said that he was lucky, and that I've known some women who had wardrobes full of shoes that they never wore and had cost a hell of a lot more than a few phone calls. I said that if it makes her happy, let it continue. OK, make a token whinge now and again, but the strange (for a man) behaviour is costing much less than other strange female obsessions might !

OK, it's not shoes, but it is perhaps an insight into the female psyche.

A work colleague and his wife used to visit her mum every Wednesday evening.

Before they went, the wife used to spend at least an hour yackking on the phone to her mum. The guy used to complain that there wasn't any point wasting money on the long phone call, because she could soon talk in person anyway. (OK, there might be value in a short call if mum needed something bringing over).

It had been going on like this for years and the guy was crawling up the wall with frustration.

He saw a little sense when I pointed out that the phone call only cost about a pint of beer (in those days, .... the call is much cheaper now). I said that he was lucky, and that I've known some women who had wardrobes full of shoes that they never wore and had cost a hell of a lot more than a few phone calls.

I said that if it makes her happy, let it continue. OK, make a token whinge now and again, but the strange (for a man) behaviour is costing much less than other strange female obsessions might !

Good Point!

real men wear heels

interesting. for my wife.. just talking heels.. she has about 65 pairs now.. i bought her about 52 of those pairs. I've not recently counted to see if the numbers are now much higher (i've bought her another 8 or so pairs..and she bought maybe three more) so... i guess i'm just as bad though.. but it does at times turn my stomach when a pair never gets worn.. and when i show her a pic of her modelling them.. she's suprised and says she was going to ask me to purchasr the pair she never wore. but it's a small price to pay. because.. when she rediscovers it.. she's thrilled!! just like when i first bought it! RPM p.s. i just don't get how she forgets she has them!!!! i sure don't by the way.... 33000 pounds is 66058 dollars!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! more than I make a year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (for now anyway)

• 1 month later...

I try to keep it in perspective with my wardrobe. Some women will by one pair of high heels to match one outfit and one purse. Others will try to coordinate outfits and high heels for several coordinates. I really think it depends on the man and the woman and their way of thinking.

I try to keep it in perspective with my wardrobe. Some women will by one pair of high heels to match one outfit and one purse. Others will try to coordinate outfits and high heels for several coordinates.

I really think it depends on the man and the woman and their way of thinking.

I didn't know that you knew my wife and girls! :roll: