Mules / Slides

Jay1

What do all you heely folks out there think about wearing sheer hose / nylons with mules / slides? I cannot decide what to do!! :lol:

"If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything..." - Dr Emmet L Brown - 1985

If you're going to wear shoes that show your toes, best to paint up your toe nails and show them off, rather than hide them or mute the effect with nylon material. I have seen a lot of women wearing black sandals with black nylons or stockings, but as far as mules or slides go... I did this a few times, and it was okay, but only because the fit of the shoe allowed it to hug my foot rather than let it slip out. But there were times when these delightful open toed mules with a three and a half inch silver heel did not wish to stay on my feet. They always worked better when I was barefoot. And had polished my toe nails a nice red. But they are now too low for me to wear anymore, since for heels I prefer four and up.

I don't like these styles for two reasons: 1) They flop when you walk. 2) They require constant effort to keep on your feet when walking.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

• 6 years later...

Spring-o-lator mules were designed to hug your foot to keep you from slipping out. I wish they still made spring-o-lators, they would click and slap on the foot when women would walk. You could tell from the sound that a woman was wearing spring-o-lators. They still can be found on e-bay. I love women, who wear high heel mules bare footed, they look sexier and her mules have fewer tendencies to slip off.

Here is link for good website for spring-o-lators.

http://robynmichaels.home.sprynet.com/

~john

Mule Freak

mule.freak@yahoo.com

I love mules and slides. There hard to keep on with nylons though. I do have some mules(closed toes)that I can wear with sheers in the winter.But I agree that you cant see your pedicure with nylons on

What do all you heely folks out there think about wearing sheer hose / nylons with mules / slides? I cannot decide what to do!! :winkiss:

Hi Jay -

I like seeing women wearing high heel mules bare footed with no leg or foot coverings.

~john

Mule Freak

Hi Barbara -

I hope you enjoy them. My wife has bought several pairs of Pollys from Republic. My wife especially likes the way the Pollys fit and how they feel on her feet. We have been customers of Republic shoes since 1965. They have been around since 1944, the year of my birth.

Enjoy!

~john

Mule Freak

I've never liked mules/slides which I consider to be the most impractical and least stylish shoe around.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I wear nylons with my mules all the time.(drives my man crazy). Walking is still pretty easy for me. You can get small pads that glue into the shoe to make them less slippery.

Good idea! My wife wears adhesive pads in her mules. They come in different thicknesses. She inserts them into her mules for tight and snug fit to keep her mules on her feet. Sometimes she buys sping-o-lators on e-bay that are slightly large for her and the adhesive pads work well. She inserts them into her spring-o-lators under the elastic band for a better fit.

~john

Mule Freak

I have a couple pair of mules/slides and I am toying on getting another pair, but I wouldn't wear them often. Personally, I would only wear them with bare feet. If I was in a position where I had to wear nylons, I would choose other shoes.

Style is built from the ground up!

While on a recent shopping trip, my wife spotted this pair of Nine West slides. She asked me if I would like to have a new pair for summer. I tried them on and found them to be comfortable. The store had this style in both black and brown and, since the pair I wore last summer were black, I chose the brown pair.

post-12-133522884609_thumb.jpg

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

While on a recent shopping trip, my wife spotted this pair of Nine West slides. She asked me if I would like to have a new pair for summer. I tried them on and found them to be comfortable. The store had this style in both black and brown and, since the pair I wore last summer were black, I chose the brown pair.

Thanks for the great pic Bubba. What is the style name for those of us who may want to add them to our collections?

Style is built from the ground up!

Thanks for the great pic Bubba. What is the style name for those of us who may want to add them to our collections?

They're called "Margara"

Margara

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I do like (many styles of) slides/mules/clogs. Some (e.g. mules with stiletto heels and only small part of toes covered) i like to see ladies wearing, others (e.g. clogs with 4'' block heels) i like to wear myself. Yes this type of footwear is impractical for many occasions, e.g. long walks, dancing, motorcycle riding. And some slides are very tricky to walk in, but that sort of makes them sexy for me, together with the fact that they fully expose the beautiful ankles and foot heels of the wearer. When a lady is wearing nice high-heeled mules that tells me that she has the courage, she wouldn't mind a little thrill, and her desire to look sexy is much stronger than the need to be practical. IMHO in some occasions they are practical too. E.g. they are great office shoes if you sit a lot at work an walk only short distances occasionally, and mostly drive to/from work, and/or change from/to boots. Then you can easily slip your feet off the shoes under your desk for stretching your toes and when the feet are hot, and slip back when they are cool, without the other people noticing. I've been wearing clogs in the office quite often and enjoy doing that. Also, when you go through places where you need to take your shoes off. E.g. i go to kindergarden after work to take my kid and i need to take my shoes off when entering the children's playing room there. If i was wearing some oxfords, i'd need to put down my laptop bag, squat down, and start to untie my oxfords, while the kids start climbing to my back :winkiss: but with slides its just a moment and i'm out of them. So i wear slides quite often, both heels (2''-4'') and flats, in the office, at home, in the streets. My wife also has a few pairs and wears them occasionally. Happy Heeling k6ps