When To Put The Boots Away?

JeffB

With March half over (I'll soon disappear for the next few weeks to watch the NCAA men's hoops tournament!) and the weather slowly starting to warm up in advance of the arrival of spring, this begs the question: When do you put away your boots? I'm sure there are those out there who love boots so much and probably wear them all year long if they could get away with it, but for others, there has to come a time when common sense, and the inevitable hot weather forces us put our boots into storage in favor of lighter shoes for the upcoming season. For me, that's usually around early April when I return my shovels and rock salt to the basement and dust off my spring and summer footwear, usually pumps. For me, there's no reluctance about putting my boots away, because the seasons will soon change and I can break them out around October and enjoy them all over again. So when do you put your boots into storage?

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I guess as a boot lover I'm, lucky to live where I do. In Newfoundland, we do get all four seasons, but our summer days usally don't go over 30 degrees celcius. So tho the days get warm, there's a good chance the evenings and nights cool off enough that my boots are still good to wear with a nice pair of jeans and Fasionable shirt. So in a nut shell, I never pack away my boots. ;)

. . .

When do you put away your boots?

I don't -- they see the light of day throughout the year. They may get a little less wear in the summer but sometimes there are chilly days during the warm months.

Have a happy time!

Most of the boot collection goes into storage about the end of April, limited space. There are one or two pair that remain. However the sandals will come out to replace the boots and they require less space. Of course the warm weather let's me show off the pedicure. rx

With March half over (I'll soon disappear for the next few weeks to watch the NCAA men's hoops tournament!) and the weather slowly starting to warm up in advance of the arrival of spring, this begs the question:

When do you put away your boots?

I'm sure there are those out there who love boots so much and probably wear them all year long if they could get away with it, but for others, there has to come a time when common sense, and the inevitable hot weather forces us put our boots into storage in favor of lighter shoes for the upcoming season. For me, that's usually around early April when I return my shovels and rock salt to the basement and dust off my spring and summer footwear, usually pumps. For me, there's no reluctance about putting my boots away, because the seasons will soon change and I can break them out around October and enjoy them all over again. So when do you put your boots into storage?

Usually around the first of April. I will selectively wear boots on our Saturday "date" nights with my wife if it isn't 80 degrees or higher. At that point it begins to get to hot to wear boots and jeans.

its the same here with me phoenix, when it just starts getting too warm then I do not wear my boots (late spring-early summer usually);)

I think I will be wearing my boots for a short while yet. We've had snow flurries today and are expecting a bucketload to fall tonight (miniscule by US standards of course!). In fact I will probably be wearing boots at least occasionally until late April/early May as the weather here tends to be rainy at times and the summer is always late. I can see days where I will wear boots and days where I wear courts and ballet pumps.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005