Dating in Heels

kneehighs

Has anyone in here ever gone out on a FIRST DATE in heels? I've dated women many times when I've worn Nine West knee highs, but concealed them under my pants. The girls even compliment them saying they look like "sensible" shoes. But has anyone out there dated in heels?

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I remembered giving a similar reasoning to another thread somewhere. From a girl's point of view, wearing heels on your first few dates really makes the difference. I remembered this guy who dated me, on the first date, we really had nothing to talk about until our second date when I wore stilletto heels. He started paying attention to my heels and then we started talking about footwear for girls and eventually to heels.

Cheers,

Nata

Since I wear heels quite a bit, I'll have to say yes. I think I made Chris do a double take the first time I actually took off the footwear I was wearing when with him, and appeared much shorter. I was wearing my ankle boots that day... But that's the woman's POV, you're probably asking about men doing that.

Next time (if ever :lol: ) I just might. It'll save that embarrassing 'third date' conversation. To be honest, I'll probably just end up going 'Bill, please' like that bloke of "Goodness Gracious Me".

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

My girl loves to surprise me when we go out. I never know when she will put on her spike heel pumps, fishnets and miniskirt. I think she does it just to see the look on my face when I get so excited !!! For some reason, I prefer walking behind her when she's dressed this way. She is such a tease ..... but I love that.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

Well, if a girl wears "comfy" shoes on a first date with me it's an insult. As tall as I am, there's no excuse other than just plain laziness and lack of appreciation for a girl to be in mundane shoes. I do all the work and paying on a date and I'm in excellent shape and dress well. If she's interested in me, the least she can do is wear some serious spikes to match and entice me. Whether or not there’s a second date would depend on how hot she is otherwise and if I liked her or not. I'd definitely make sure she would be wearing heels next time. Otherwise, she could hang out with us in the future, but I wouldn’t want to be tied down to a girl in flats by being on a date with her again. I once broke up with a girl because I bought her a pair of 6.25” stilettos and she couldn’t bend her arches enough to wear them. I couldn’t accept the thought of being married to someone who swore she’d never wear anything higher than 4”. Just too negative an attitude and too low for my taste.

You obviously don't believe in the principle of being willing to, literally, "walk a mile in another person's shoes". If you did you might be more charitable to a woman who can't wear (or isn't used to wearing) such high stillettos. I wouldn't wear high heels on a first date with a woman (unless she asked me to)--but I wouldn't expect her to wear them either. If she chooses to, then that is her business, and I will compliment her on her courage and ability. But It seems a little selfish and arrogant (to me) to expect potentially uncomfortable (or even painful) behavior out of another that you're not willing to do yourself (even if, as you point out, you are paying for the date; your name wouldn't happen to be "Hal" would it?).

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

M1Super90... dangerous posting there. Now, if you end up alone in life, none of us are going to have sympathy for you. See, heel wearing is a perk. You should date the woman for who she is, and then if you would like her to wear heels, see if you can encourage it. Not wishing to go above four inches is not negative in the slightest. Most women don't go above two, so I think the woman in your example was just in tune with herself, and understanding of her own limits. This is important. You'll never have a successful and complete relationship if you judge a woman by what she wears on her feet. Paying for a date is something you do of your own initiative, and should never be expected to translate into any for of reciprocation, fashion based or otherwise. Now, being tall, you like a woman in heels so she isn't too short. Why not date a taller woman in four inch heels? You still get heels, she has an easier time of wearing the stilettos, and the height difference is not an issue since it is somewhat bridged. I am just trying to offer advice to bring your ideals and the reality of the world together, so don't take it as a personal attack, but for what it actually is - constructive criticism.

Well put, Laurie. With an attitude like that, I wouldn't be one bit surprised if he didn't wind up "all alone." However, to each his own. We can disagree and think him wrong. But, I, for one, am willing to accept his opinion as another view to be thought through.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

It's not as acceptable for a man to restrict his dating to women who wear high heels as it is for a woman to restrict herself to tall, or older, or successful men, is it?

You missed the point.

The problem here is that he could meet the most wonderful woman, and if she is not wearing heels on the first few dates, he wants nothing to do with her.

It is fine if he has a preference for a woman who wears heels, that's not the problem. What is the problem is his attitude towards a woman if she does not.

Chris likes the fact that I wear heels, but he has told me that if I ever stopped wearing them, it would not change how he felt about me.

We start looking at issues like "height, age, money, fashion" and we forget that we are people. So damnit, date the person for who that person is, not for the trapings or extenuating circumstances.

The problem with Super here, is that those circumstances are all that seem to matter.

I hope we did not drive him away from the forums, no, I hope he stays and discusses how he feels with us.

All of us can have an opinion, nothing says it is right or wrong. But I think that some of us fear that Super will miss out on something great if he has his standards set too strict. That's all.

Maybe we all came across a bit strong on our viewpoint of that.

I wasn’t driven off. Just haven’t had the chance to get back. Well, I don’t know what to say about all this. There are more hot looking girls here who would date me than I could ever have time for. They simply outnumber us guys in this town. I suppose we’ve gotten into the habit of being really picky and moving on at the slightest dissatisfaction. One of my things happens to be heels. There are exceptions though. One girl I hang out with looks like Catherine Zeta Jones at 21 with light eyes and is 6’ tall. She’s incredible! Normally she wears stylish 3” stilettos which, in her case, doesn’t bother me a bit! In general though, higher heels just help set a girl apart from all the rest I see out. If I can get what I want, I don't see a reason not to. :drinking:

You missed the point.

The problem here is that he could meet the most wonderful woman, and if she is not wearing heels on the first few dates, he wants nothing to do with her.

It is fine if he has a preference for a woman who wears heels, that's not the problem. What is the problem is his attitude towards a woman if she does not.

I don't see what point I missed. There's certainly no shortage of women who will completely blow off a guy she thinks doesn't make enough money for her taste, or is a few inches too short. Would you date a guy 3 inches shorter than you? If you say no, somehow that answer is completely acceptable to voice in public, right? But let a guy say he won't date a woman with a cup size less than B and he's compared to Charlie Manson.

I don't see what point I missed. There's certainly no shortage of women who will completely blow off a guy she thinks doesn't make enough money for her taste, or is a few inches too short. Would you date a guy 3 inches shorter than you? If you say no, somehow that answer is completely acceptable to voice in public, right? But let a guy say he won't date a woman with a cup size less than B and he's compared to Charlie Manson.

Additionally, what constitutes a wonderful woman varies from one guy to another. It's not a fixed set of traits. For example, I see older guys with really big boats hanging out with very young strippers. Often, these guys have been divorced and taken to the cleaners a few times. To them, these girls are absolutely wonderful (and harmless)! Other guys just like a nice girl. I have my own set of traits that I look for. I've been uninterested in many sweet girls that just didn't interest me physically. I could fake it, but I'd never be truly happy.

The point is to know what you want and not be shy about going for it. Don't let political or social correctness keep you from being happy.

Back to the topic, if I make a date and see her in tall heels when I meet her out, she's IN IN IN! :lol:

Driver8, it's not a fair question anymore. :( But were I single, and dating, it would depend on one thing. Is he three inches shorter when I am bare foot, or in my stilettos? :lol: heehee If he was sweet enough and treated me well enough, sure. Personality comes first, after all. I was fortunate, since Chris has everything I was looking for. It is fine to have an ideal, but so long as the ideal is flexible. No one item on someone's "perfect" list should be so firm that if it were missing and everything else were there, the person would be considered undesirable. And no one is comparing anyone to Charles Manson. Marylin Manson, maybe, but certainly not bad ol' Charlie.

Perhaps I'll have to take it all back. I've just been out with friends and met a really cute young lady in 2.5" knee boots. I was wearing a pair of 4" ankle boots which she admired, and I gave her my phone number. She's promised to call next time she's near my place, so who knows? Oh, and I swapped boots with another woman there, who claims she doesn't wear heels because she'd be 6' 3" in my 4" heels. She liked my boots, and kept asking where I bought them. More news as it breaks :lol:

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

• 3 weeks later...

... You'll never have a successful and complete relationship if you judge a woman by what she wears on her feet ....

Laurie, that is a wise comment. And if you think about it, it fits other situations. If the woman is a model, or is the most gorgeous person you've ever seen, there still are no guarantees.

In my case, I fell in love with my girl's personality first. And because she is so considerate of my likes and dislikes, she has learned to wear and enjoy the kind of high heels I love. She keeps me satisfied when she wears them during our "playtime". She also wears them occasionally when we go out but I leave this decision up to her.

But then I think about what if I had found someone who did not like wearing high heels. Just as we search for someone with personality traits that we like, I see nothing wrong with selecting a person by the way they look or the items they wear if you consider that an important issue.

Imagine having a relationship with someone who:

1) you only eat food that she dislikes

2) you dress conservatively and she dislikes that

3) one of you makes a significant appearance change (visible tattoo, hair style, makeup, weight)

4) you are in introvert and she is an extrovert

5) you like high heels and she doesn't

While the initial attraction brought both of you together, the dating process is where we get to learn the major and minor idiosyncrasies of each other. Each one of us must decide just how important each trait that we discover is, and how adjusting to it's acceptance, exclusion, or compromise will make the relationship pleasant for both parties.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

Playtime? Now, now. Let's call it what it is. Sex! Fornication! Mutual Pleasure exercises! Intercourse! heehee As for everyone's perceptions on the subject, well, I am glad there are some people who like my viewpoint. But then, I am terribly biased. I found a man that I love for so many reasons. If I ever find something wrong with him, it won't matter because there is so much right about him. It's difficult to be torn between objective and subjective view points. What it should come down to in the very basic reasoning of the matter is this. Are you both happy? Yes? Keep dating. No? Find a way to be happier, or end it. If you can find some happiness in this crazy world, hold onto it. It is the most precious and wonderful thing that can exist these days, in a world driven by monetary needs and political power.

Actually, when I met Ruth, she wasn't into heels mainly because she lacked confidence. She never wore make-up apart from mascara. Now, she loves her heels (nothing in Laurie's league but high compared to what she wore before) and she won't leave the house without the make-up bag. I have never put pressure on her to do this but she has gained in confidence owing to my paying compliments when she did.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Playtime?

Now, now. Let's call it what it is. Sex! Fornication! Mutual Pleasure exercises! Intercourse!

heehee

:lol: golly gee awwww shucks you're making me blush now

• 1 month later...

Does going out with your wife count as a date? Fortunately, my wife is OK with me wearing heels. We routinely go out to dinner, shopping etc and I wear heels. She usually wears heels too, we even have a few matching pair that we wear together. We enjoy going out in heels. Several times people have noticed our matching shoes and have made positive comments about it. It's fun, try it! SF

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"