Suggested look for men's boots

Himark

Here's my idea of what men's boots with heels could be and should be. Strappy stilletoes and such are great fun and definitely have their place, but even most women don't wear that kind of footgear on a day to day basis to go to the library or to go grocery shopping. For every day use, most women buy heels that are practical. Recently I purchased a pair of Clarks Indigo Saunter boots in US Women's size 12. Of course I had to order them online (from Zappos), because no local store carries that size. The heel is described as 2 3/4 inches, but in size 12, it actually measures 3 inches. I have a high instep and these boots have a fairly narrow ankle, so I have to struggle a bit to get into them, but once they're on, they fit very well, and they're very comfortable. They have a slightly western look, but are definitely not cowboy boots. I find they are perfect boots to go anywhere, anytime. No challenges, no strange looks, no comments, no worries. 99.9% of us can't afford the heeled men's boots offered by YSL or Dior. If Clarks were to take the Saunter model and modify it just a little, making the whole boot and the ankle somewhat wider, sizing it for men, I wonder how well it would sell from the men's side of the store.

post-615-133522849802_thumb.jpg

post-615-133522849804_thumb.jpg

Great looking boots. I agree that no man would have a problem wearing them in public. I have several pair of loafer style sports shoes with 3" and 4" heels that are almost worn out because I constantly wear them in public.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Those boots look good, and I have a pair very similar. I'm a big fan of Clark's shoes, as they make styles both sexes can wear no problems IMO. Last week I bought a pair of Lime Juice ankle boots. Black, with a 5cm Cuban style heel and stylish buckle, I fell in love with them. I haven't actually worn them out yet but they are comfortable and aren't too different to YSL and Dior's efforts (and for only a fraction of the price too!). post-1944-133522849806_thumb.jpg

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Forgot to also comment they have a timeless style I look for in boots. So many boots are going to be out of style next season. Women seldom wear last season's out of date fashions so why would men? Stiletto fashions seem to change more rapidly. Don't get me wrong. As others have said stilettos have their place as well just not for errands. Timeless styling also equals a better investment.

classic style high heel boots

• 2 weeks later...

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

I love the 1st couple of pair myself, but I have found that ZAPPOS seems to ask for TOP $ for their footwear, even their so-called "sales" arnt that much of a savings-they are a GLOBAL market seller for ANYONE that has the money to pay for them (when you consider THAT, they can AFFORD to ask top $)

• 3 months later...