Knowing when to say when

pumpedup

So we all are members of this site to talk about our love for high heels. We all have multiple pairs of heels, whether it be pumps, sandles, wedges, etc. But do we know when to say when, as far as buying more pairs? Is there anyone on this website, male or female, that has an almost uncontrollable hang-up with buying more shoes? I know women LOVE shoes. That's a given. You've heard that for eons. Women love shopping, and when they are shopping, they are most likely buying more and more shoes. Do they know when to say when? Us guys don't buy shoes as often as women, but still, we buy them, sometimes expensive ones. Do we know when to say when? I have had a few moments in the past where emotion took over, as opposed to logic. My emotions said, "ooooh! Fuchsia, what a hot color! What a stiletto pump that is! I am getting these! I just GOTTA have them!" Without using the opposite of emotion, which is logic. Sometimes, when we are obsessed with shoes, we are not caring about the price of them (especially if they are a famous maker brand, at Macy's, Dillards, etc. that cost almost $100). We go crazy, and we don't realize when buying those shoes that we are foregoing a credit card payment, or a phone bill, or an electric bill, new diapers for the baby, etc. Sometimes, logic kicks in, and we realize that a important bill needs to be taken care of, and then the next time we go into that dept. store, money can be spent on pleasurable things like shoes. Just curious if there are members of this board who do have a shoe buying obsession, and if they have taken steps to control it. When is the time to say when? How many pairs of shoes is enough to satisfy us?

Good ? I have a real problem with this. I see a pair of shoes I really like and know they are not going to be there tomorrow so I just can't pass them up. The money I could have saved if not for heels. OMG! On the other hand I try to justify it as I quit drinking , along with a lot of other bad habits 13 yrs ago and this is one thing that makes me happy and content. I know I don't spend near as much on heels as I did in my drinking days so this is how I justify it. There are worse habits to have.

real men wear heels

Guest Loveshiheels

At the moment I've got just 4 pairs so time for me to say when is a long way away. I would like to have many differant style of heel and i would not buy another pair of the same style. When I do overtime at work I use that money to buy my heels. I drink very little in pubs and I don't smoke so if one day i have loads of women shoes, I also think that I can justify it

At the moment I've got just 4 pairs so time for me to say when is a long way away. I would like to have many differant style of heel and i would not buy another pair of the same style. When I do overtime at work I use that money to buy my heels.

I drink very little in pubs and I don't smoke so if one day i have loads of women shoes, I also think that I can justify it

Good answer! lol

real men wear heels

I have to juggle paying the bills versus buying shoes, but in line with the common theme which seems to appear here, I don't smoke, I don't drink and I work hard so I think I can justify buying some shoes to enjoy now and then. I have definitely bought more shoes since getting involved with this forum though. My wife seems to think my shoes are a waste of money though :smile: I guess I am forced to say "when" when the bills need paying.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

After some replies I understood the real meaning of this thread. Yes, it's a lot difficult to find out when it's time for shopping. Women have made misery in credit cards because of fashion. For sure some people need to control their expenses in shoes, I think. Had some conversation with my wife about this subject last week.

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

Just curious if there are members of this board who do have a shoe buying obsession, and if they have taken steps to control it. When is the time to say when? How many pairs of shoes is enough to satisfy us?

Yes I do. Fortunately, it is so difficult to find high heels in size 12 US around here that I've never had to control it. Anyway, I always look for them in end-of-season sales, where they are usually sold for US$ 15.00 - so it's not a big deal.

I would say that if you have bills still to be paid, forget the shoes. If you have money to spend and your wife don't care, you should satisfy your desire, otherwise why do you work so hard to get the money?

My strategy nowadays is to ask myself: will I have the "courage" to use this shoe in the streets, or is it just another collectible item? In the second case, I just forget it.

Now I have one of each major style (around 10) and I'm pretty satisfied, although I still wish I find the "perfect high heeled male boot", as this would shut my wife's complaints up, once for all.

. . . My strategy nowadays is to ask myself: will I have the "courage" to use this shoe in the streets, or is it just another collectible item? In the second case, I just forget it. . .

I like that strategy -- and I'm using it myself. It does take some serious discipline because there are **so** many beautiful shoes out there but a shoe that will not see the light of day outside the house is not terribly practical. So the question "Will I wear it outside?" always comes to the forefront whenever I am looking at shoes. If the price tag on the shoes in question is over $30 the answer has to be "Yes" for me to buy.

Have a happy time!

I agree with jmc. The first thought that comes to mind is, will I wear these shoes out, or will they be house bound? If I really like them and know I will wear them out , then I try them on in the store, buy them and YEP, wear them right out of the store, usually holding my wifes hand.

real men wear heels