would you wear patent pumps outside

loveheel

I bought a pair of these Nine West Lucero pumps in black patent. They have quickly become my favorite shoes to wear at home. Now I am fairly brave when it comes to wearing heels outside when I go shopping - I have worn stiletto boots and HH sandals with polished nails - but have never had the guts to wear these outside. Patent shoes do seem to jump out at people and the small amount of toe cleavage also stands out. I am sure this problem is all in my head, but any suggestions on what to pair these with ? The picture is of the same shoes in black leather. Couldn't find a pic of the patent ones.

post-71-133522849507_thumb.jpg

I have woer my patent mj's all over with no problem at all except the usuall double take and stare fromone or two other people. M and F. My wife and I have matching in these and sometimes wear them together. It's a lot of fun.

post-3305-133522849509_thumb.jpg

real men wear heels

I wear the MJs in my avatar out all the time now. I do feel the patent attracts attention. I have a pair or Sketchers tan 4" heel boots that look like workboots. With my long leg jeans, I have no second thoughts about wearing them out. The look like men's boots, except for the heel. The MJs I do worry about others but I am trying to harden up and not care. I have been going to the mall and other places in them with my wife and I don't take any other shoes so I can't chicken out. So far, a few odd looks, mostly from retired age people, but no negative words or such. A dress shop where my wife shops was fun when the girls noticed and asked lots of questions. I got the impression, they thought it was interesting, not good or bad. CJ

nope, can't stand the looks of 99.9% of all patent leather. and the 1 out of 1000 i can stand, i think would look better in real leather. the vinyl boots in my avatar, and go-go boots are the closest i'll get to patent. r1g0r (not my real name)

society has decided that men will be confined to

certain items of clothing, and certain modes of

presentation.

until we rebel PERSONALLY against this, we are diminished!

I love those shoes! Almost had a pair myself, earlier this year, but on Nine West's website, i purchased them with my CC. It said it was accepted in an email. Unfortunately, they waited too long to process the order, and after a few other CC purchases went thru before the shoes did, my CC was ultimately declined. I love them! I am going to find me a pair somewhere. I love the "v" shaped vamp. Also, i am not too keen on lotsa toe cleavage. So they would work. If i can find some... As far as wearing pumps outside, i never have. Unless it's halloween, i never will. My secret fetish stays secret. I was in a thirft store just before halloween, and i found some Ellie pumps, black patent, beautiful, for only $10.00. I brought them up to the counter, and of course the sales lady had to say something funny. They can never keep their mouths shut, can they? She said something like, "oh are you wearing these for halloween? dressing up as a girl huh?" I just said "yep!" She told me that i had to wear them in the store on halloween, to show her how they look on me. I told her i would, but it was a lie. I had to work that night. LOL Anyway, as i said above, i will not wear any pumps outside, unless it's halloween.

Hi Loveheel, those shoes are lovely, since they have good styling and the position of the heel and the toe cleavage style etc is not reminiscent of the "hooker styles" often seen in patent finishes. I wear patent a wee bit and it is no different to std leather provided the shoe is good. Make sure you show your ankle....esp. with such a lovely shaped shoe... IMO anyway.... I would pair those with a straight skirt (knee length) they would be fab!! Bare legs or champagne stockings to contrast with the great shape of the shoe. If you have good toe cleavage I'd go bare legged (waxed) with a fake tattoo for fun, silver anklet and silver toe ring(s) (since the toe rings would show with the toe cleavage!). Keep the rest of you androgenous and it can work. rgds Heel-Lover

I've worn patent pumps in public, included crowded malls on Saturdays, and it's no big deal as next to nobody notices, and what precious few that do say nothing anyway. Just go about your business, wear what you like and, more importantly, have fun!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!