Why black...

stellah

Great going, Jeff. Keep it up and soon you'll get around to wearing red. Can't wait to hear the reaction to your red and white shoes. (although I think I remember Shock Queen wearing red patent babydoll pumps to work)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Well, Bubba, now that I think of it, just for fun, the folks at the office like to wear red on Valentine's Day, and I've got plenty of time to find a cool pair of red pumps! Perhaps that might well be my opportunity to make eyes pop! :-D

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

White shoes get a LOT of attention, even for me. White stands out a lot. So be prepared for looks, stares, questions, and compliments. Of course, five and a half inch stilettos earned me more comments at work than any other pair, and you may not be going that high. Still, it would be fun. They get a good deal of attention from chris when I wear them, anyway. :smile:

Well, Laurie, I've already gotten plenty of looks, stares, questions AND, most importantly, compliments when I first started wearing pumps at the office, so I already know what to expect. While I don't think I'll go as high as five inches, I'm sure that showing up in white pumps come next spring will make me quite an attention getter, if I'm not already since a couple of co-workers have told me that I wear the prettiest shoes in the office! As I grow ever more bolder when it comes to wearing heels in public, I just think it's time to expand my horizons and try colors other than black. Just to see what will happen! :-D

The reason that I think that people wear black shoes and clothes, is that it makes people look thinner, feet smaller.....In todays society we are supposed to look like the anorexic models that work for calvin klein, right?? NO!!! but that what I think, but I agree with all the other reasons too.....does not show the dirt, goes with everything.

Actually, I wore black babydolls and red regular pumps (as well as pink, black, and white). I think I've exhaused my supply of colours, so now people at work pretty much know what is in my little (giggle) closet. Where's Handy Andy when you need him? I need a BIGGER closet...again! :rofl:

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

CLoset space, yes that is a premium. Without shelves, my twenty pairs are marching out the door. No monster could ever hide in my closet, he's trip over all of those pairs! It is a shame that only thirteen of those pairs have a heel high enough for me to wear these days.

Well, at present, I only have a dozen pairs of shoes and boots in my collection, and two of those pairs are stack heeled loafers which don't get much wear, except for on weekends as I favor mainly pumps Monday thru Friday. While my bare minimum heel height is three inches, I suspect that in time, that will change to four. I'm also in the process of experimentation as I've ordered a pair of Etienne Aigner "Taylor" pumps in brown (they call it truffle) as I'm curious to see what I look like in a lighter color. I've already bought clothes to match as I want to broaden my horizons beyond just black. And, by spring, I will have pumps in red and white. THAT will really be interesting! ;-D