My experiment

bladerunner

Well for the last couple of weeks at virtually every chance i have been wearing my new boots from faith shoes (a style called'moan'). They are a wedge heel and knee high in suede and dark brown. tried to download a pic but failed! Usually i would never wear heels as such if i could meet people i know while strolling around but they are so comfortable and discreet looking (ie with jeans over the boot) i thought what the hell or even what the heel! So far i have bumped into my daughter twice (and her boyfriend),chatted to a neighbour for half an hour,been to the local shops (via my car) and generally been out and about and have carried out a couple of jobs,oh ye and been to peachys in bristol. No one has said a word,even the fact that they make me four inches taller has passed people by. what i have found is that in my early days of heeling i was very nervous so i acted odd,and people would be suspicious and so i would attract attention,now i am much more relaxed and no one seems to take a blind bit of notice. Its a start and at least now locally i know i can heel without much stress! Next on the agenda will be 'real' heels but maybe a bit further afield!!!!!

post-1012-133522847539_thumb.jpg

I just love those suede heels!!!!!

Thats great bladerunner. Both my daughters no I wear heels and are ok with it. They love me for their dad, not what I wear. I started going local in the past couple years and found out if you just act like yourself, no one really notices or says anything if they do as long as you don't act weird or nervous.

real men wear heels

I did the same last weekend in a southern city. I wore 3" ankle boots to Wal-Mart in the late evening & the click of heels was I thought attention getting; then a police man with boots came in clicking too. No one looked at him nor me the whole time. Laster I thought I'd try 4" narrow heels at another Wal-Mart, well the same thing - no one even looked. I hand on long jeans that covered the heel. On the next day I wore the 3" heels all day & no one looked. I think I felt more anxious, but it seems no one looks at feet if you act normal.:smile:

I wore the 3" heels all day & no one looked. I think I felt more anxious, but it seems no one looks at feet if you act normal.:smile:

Hi pj:wave:

I, too, have worn my heels in a "southern city" all day long and what you say is very true. As long as "you act normal" the chances that someone will notice them isn't really great.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

As my wife and I were out shopping last Sat, we ran into my supervisor who BTW is a lady, and her 25 yr.old daughter. She knows of my heels as I carry a full picture album on my ipod. I was wearing my 4" oxfords that click very loud and she never noticed. She approached me at work and made small talk about the store we were shopping at and the many different products for art and crafts they sold and I asked her if she noticed that I was 4" taller and her reply was, "why didn't you show me?" She thinks it's cool that I wear heels but she never noticed.

real men wear heels

Well for the last couple of weeks at virtually every chance i have been wearing my new boots from faith shoes (a style called'moan').

They are a wedge heel and knee high in suede and dark brown.

tried to download a pic but failed!

Usually i would never wear heels as such if i could meet people i know while strolling around but they are so comfortable and discreet looking (ie with jeans over the boot) i thought what the hell or even what the heel!

So far i have bumped into my daughter twice (and her boyfriend),chatted to a neighbour for half an hour,been to the local shops (via my car) and generally been out and about and have carried out a couple of jobs,oh ye and been to peachys in bristol.

No one has said a word,even the fact that they make me four inches taller has passed people by.

what i have found is that in my early days of heeling i was very nervous so i acted odd,and people would be suspicious and so i would attract attention,now i am much more relaxed and no one seems to take a blind bit of notice.

Its a start and at least now locally i know i can heel without much stress!

Next on the agenda will be 'real' heels but maybe a bit further afield!!!!!

Congratulations bladerunner :smile:

I'm a proud owner of similar wedge boots. They are made from dark grey leather with white stitching decorations and have the same rounded toe box, the same wedge height and the same thin platform sole. I got them from UK ebay in size 9. Don't know really if they are from Evans or Next - I suppose that they are like yours from Next.

In my opinion they are a perfect alldays style for guys. I'm wearing them since weeks over skinny jeans and I have never earned any bad comment. The sugar sweet compliment "Beautiful boots!" from two young turkish guys has to be subsumed under the category "normal experiences in my quarter". I answered "Indeed!":silly:

The best fashion is your own fashion!

I did the same last weekend in a southern city. I wore 3" ankle boots to Wal-Mart in the late evening & the click of heels was I thought attention getting; then a police man with boots came in clicking too. No one looked at him nor me the whole time. Laster I thought I'd try 4" narrow heels at another Wal-Mart, well the same thing - no one even looked. I hand on long jeans that covered the heel. On the next day I wore the 3" heels all day & no one looked. I think I felt more anxious, but it seems no one looks at feet if you act normal.:smile:

the ankle boots with the 3" heel,and the 4" heels,was it a pointy toe or a rounded toe...

Both were square toe, almost look like men's ankle boots from the front. The 3"er do look like a man's book & I got them that way onpurpose to not draw attention. The 4" are swade woman's but with pants leg over heel don't look too un-natural. To me it seems almost no one looks at your feet if you walk & act normal.

:smile: Your words "oh ye and been to peachys in bristol." I was in Bristol last month, but could net get an address for Peachy's. Could someone please supply it, so I can go there on my next trip? Also, could someone tell me how to post a signature picture like most participants use?

Also, could someone tell me how to post a signature picture like most participants use?

"Signature" pictures are not allowed. I think you mean an "Avatar"

Look in your User CP or check the technical help forum.

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!