Why zipper and lace-up?

quella

Why do the majority of boots that are lace-up also have zippers? It does not seem to make sense to me why you would need both. Why not just one or the other? Do the laces just improve the fit of the boot after being zipped up? Is the zipper only used for quick on and off? What do like better (to wear or see), lace-up of boots with zippers only? Quella

Lace up boots are a style just like low or high heels. They do give the impression of the wearer being more serious about boot wearing because of the effort required to lace them up when putting them on and unlacing them when taking them off. A laced boot can also be a tighter fitting boot. The zipper is just for the convenience of not having to lace them each time you wear them (you still can is you want to though) and to provide a quick way to take them off. There is also a rear lace style that normally comes with a zipper. There really is something awesome about a pair of thigh or crotch high lace up boots.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Is it like a corset in that you have the laces to provide the tight snug fit, but the zipper is the quick on and off for the boot? I just did not want to laces to be decerative, but to also be useful. I really like the idea of a tight laced boot and the zipper in some ways seems to spoil it for me. I guess I will just have to live with it though. Thanks for the reply. The lace up you have, do they all also have zippers? Quella

So you are saying that one needs to be careful when lacing up boots with a zipper so as not to damage the zipper. I will have to make sure I am careful of that. I would it is based on the tightness after one puts weight on the feet and the ankle expands. Thanks for the heads up. Quella

Why do the majority of boots that are lace-up also have zippers? It does not seem to make sense to me why you would need both. Why not just one or the other? Do the laces just improve the fit of the boot after being zipped up? Is the zipper only used for quick on and off?

What do like better (to wear or see), lace-up of boots with zippers only?

Quella

I don't know. I would never buy laced boots with a zipper. If I were a corset addicted I had never the strange idea to buy a corset with a zipper at the front only for comfort. Either laced or not laced. I'm a hater of Doc Martins boots - but could you imagine this style with a zipper? Simply ridiculous!

nice greetings

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

i personally have no lace up boots, but if I did I would prefer them lace up only... I do like laceups but sometiems the style doesn't fit the boot right to me... IMO the best would be rear-zip or rear-lacing... that looks the hottest to me...

My J-Lo boots with 4½" heels, are lace up boots. They are ankle boots so the shaft isn't that high. Still they are a pain to put on and take off. I do like to wear them, despite the laces.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

i personally have no lace up boots, but if I did I would prefer them lace up only...

I do like laceups but sometiems the style doesn't fit the boot right to me...

IMO the best would be rear-zip or rear-lacing... that looks the hottest to me...

I'm a fan of old fashioned laced-up boots. BTW: I'm also a proud owner of pointy stiletto boots with a rear zipper. Sorry, no picture available at the moment:mecry:

But I have a picture of my laced adidas-style-boots worn over black patent jeans

http://www.mbuenger.de/pics/105-0501_img.jpg

I'm still loving them, they were my first high heels in public. I have worn them under long flared jeans in a second attack of courage in the city of Wiesbaden when searching the place of my first tattoo parlour ...

The first attack of courage was definetly the decision for getting a tattoo (*grin*)

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Lacing for fit / decoration and zip for convenience. I have a pair of black suede laced knee boots, and I don't often wear them. They're gorgeous once they're on, and I love the snug fit, but most of the time spending five minutes lacing myself into them just seems too much like hard work. It depends on what you're looking for, if you're really into the lacing then you won't want the zip, but if you just want the look without the trouble then a zip is the way to go. As Micha's mentioned boots with back zips, I absolutely love them! I have one pair of very high and pointy Faith boots that zip up and back and both my GF and I love them. Chris

You can't get a pair of boots tight enough with a zipper you will break it. The feel and the work to lace them is FANTASTIC. They are easy to get out of with the zipper after having fun. Of course to tight to long your feet fall asleep. ENJOY

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS

All very good suggestions and I now have to agree with them after getting a pair of new boots with a zipper and laces. I find that they are much easier to get into with the zippers and then when they are laced on, they are much tighter and give better support then without. I also find that I cannot take them off if I just try to un zip them without also taking off some of the laceing. I was not sure how I would like boots with both, but I think they are going to grow on me. I really like the extra support a lace gives as you can snug them to your ankles. Again, thanks all for your suggestions and thoughts. Quella