Bluewater Or Lakeside 21st September.

Dr. Shoe

I am planning a trip to either Lakeside or Bluewater on Friday 21st September (assuming I can get the day off) as a friend is coming to visit and would probably enjoy it. Anyone fancy a mini (or not so mini) heelmeet?

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

This was quite a good meet up. There were 5 of us at Bluewater. Me, Euchrid, Tara (Dr Shoe), and Tara's friends Rachel and Tina. We did some shopping and stuff, had something to eat and were then joined by Fog. I ate at the Sushi place while the rest of the group sampled the culinery delights of KFC. Later on we went to "The Riverside" pub in Strood where we had a few beers and then went home.

It was actually far more exciting than Firefox let on! Tina was almost in boy mode apart for her girly jeans and unisex top but had the time of her life as she had never ever worn anything other than strictly guys stuff in public. Rachel enjoyed herself too. She comes from the Isle of Man and had never experienced a shopping mall before let alone the largest in the UK! We were all shocked by Fog's attire and it was little wonder that the staff in Faith remarked that "one of your friends was in here earlier"! He was wearing Silver hotpants with brown HH thigh boots!!!! He got more looks than Rachel, Tina and I ever got!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I'd have thought it would have taken more than that to shock Tara! If you're going to wear heels, you might as well really wear them! I didn't write down where we were going - and I always get Bluewater and Lakeside mixed up - they both have an aqueous reference, the last time there was a lakeside meet I went to bluewater by mistake. I had some work to finish off at home in the morning. I ended up at Bluewater - the correct place - late, and couldn't find the food court - there are three, I looked in all of them and no-one was to be seen. I suspected that I'd got the venue wrong and tootled off to Lakeside. I looked in the food court - in Lakeside they do have a restaurant called the food court, but no one was there. I walked around for over an hour and gave up. I thought I'd have one more look in Bluewater, and after a bit of walking around and enquiries in shoe shops established I was in the right shopping centre. At Dolcis they told me they'd seen my mates about a couple of hours ago - so it was only a matter of time. I eventually met up with Fox and Euchrid, then Tara and friends. By then I wasn't in the mood for shopping - which I can't think of as a group activity. I've got quite enough boots and am a bit short of cash. In the end it turned out to be quite a cheap day - £2 for a misguided trip over the Dartford Crossing and £3 for a pint of Guinness at a pub that didn't sell Real Ale. Never mind the tranny friendly, beer is what pubs are for. It was in a stunning location on the edge of an industrial estate, but overlooking the Medway towards Rochester, with a Soviet Submarine moored not far away. I wonder if Firefox took a picture of it, the one I took with my phone wasn't very good.

Another successful and highly enjoyable heelmeet in my view. I disappointed myself by failing to try or buy any shoes/boots all day (apart from the ones loaned to me by Firefox when we got to the Riverside Tavern - cheers pal). There was lots of browsing and watching Tara trying stuff on but that was it. So, nil points to me for wearing heels in public this time - Riverside, being a GLBT venue, didn't count! Yes, I'm a yellow-bellied chicken and I know it. It actually seemed fairly quiet in the shopping centre (visitor-wise). Numbers picked up through the day but it was still far from being busy when we left at about 4:30. The Bluewater malls are all wide and open and have hard-tiled floors. I realised straight away that us heelers would stand out a mile in there. There's also the omnipresent CCTV cameras and wandering security men keeping an eye on you so this is definately not the ideal heel-wearing venue for shy and retiring types (like myself!). That said, it has a great selection of shoe-selling outlets and so is probably an excellent place to go to during the sales when bigger crowds would also help the nervous heeler to 'disappear' a little more. 8)

Always High-Heel Responsibly

With Fog there to draw the heat I'm surprised you didn't do heels TBH! LOL

you're right. it would have been far easier for me to try, buy and wear if Fog had been with us from the outset. He didn't catch up with us until mid afternoon though, by which time i'd missed the opportunity to buy some boots in New Look (about the only shop in Bluewater where my spending budget would have been effective!)

Always High-Heel Responsibly

I don't know about drawing the heat, I was conscious of a few looks, but felt I was being ignored and didn't feel particularly in danger. I'm sorry I didn't arrive on time, but I think three hours of shopping without any money would have bored me a bit, and as I remarked - I think to Firefox, I don't need any other boots, I've never found any I like more than the ones I was wearing. Here's a camera phone picture of the view from the pub. The long horizontal thing is the russian submarine.

post-1414-133522846877_thumb.jpg

Yeah the shopping in Bluewater was all too expensive. Loads of shops in the House of Frazer mould for £80 to £120 a pair. I think the sales are needed to make these places attractive. The best thing about Bluewater was Yo Sushi. You can have a great lunch for £10-£15 and it is proper healthy food. Fish, rice, fruit, and veg.

Fog, reminds me of the old movie "The Russians are comming! the Russians are comming! (What, by the way, is a Russian Submarine doing tied up in an English port? -- Ran out of fule and couldn't afford to fill-er up? 8))

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 1 month later...

there's a great opportunity on Saturday 16th February 2008. it's the international Heelmeet and if you choose this function to be your first outing in heels you will not be on your own!