Argh!

BlkKhb1

Ok, so I need to rant for a minute... I live in Kentucky, in the Ohio valley Region... Now I know that summers here can be hot, and I am used to them having lived here all my life, but now that I am finally "coming out" so to say in regards to my wearing boots, the worst thing is the fact I am starting to do this in the summer! WHy you may ask does this suck? Well i do have a desire to wear skirts from time to time which would look great with the boots, however, in this area where highs are still in the mid to high 90's, boots are a complete no-no, even if i wore jeans... I know just a random rant, but I am hoping it will cool off soon enough and fall will settle in and make for a great start for my heeling in public! P.S. I also hate the fact that shoe stores are not yet putting boots out for sale, I must expand my collection, lol Jeff

I feel for you, Jeff. I bought a rather expensive (for me) pair of boots early this summer and only wore them out twice. Both times in the evening, under jeans, and it was still almost unbareable.. I did spy some pretty cool boots going on the shelf in Target the other day. It won't be long now.8)

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

Yup, boot season is my favourite too. BlkKhb1, you could always take a trip to the UK, I can assure you that you would have plenty of opportunity to wear boots during this truly awful summer that we are having 8) Heelium

Every generation laughs at the old fashions, but follows religiously the new.

BlkKhb1 - I’m from Northern Kentucky around Cincinnati. I understand the concept of hot and muggy. It all depends on where you go when you are out. If you spend your time outside, then your absolutely right, it’s too warm for boots. However, if you go to air conditioned places and your transportation is also air conditioned then the only time your really out in the heat is the walk to and from the car. I manage to go shopping and the museum wearing thigh boots with shorts/jeans/skort even in 90 degree weather. Is it still warm wearing those boots, yeah but not that bad, and it is a lot of fun. I normally wear a pair of flat heeled thigh boots when I’m working in the yard and it is definitely too hot for that but then it’s been too hot and dry for the grass to grow so I haven’t needed to be out as much. Like everyone else, I’m looking forward to Fall (boot season).

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

alright alright I know I already posted about being mad that fall has not yet arrived, however... Yesterday morning it was raining pretty good and it was cool enough, still 70's to put on some jeans over some knee highs and leave my apt and drive to school... That may not seem like much but I have never officially left my apt in boots before, and driving to school in them, well another triumph for me. Now it's a matter of going to class with them once it gets cold enough, lol

Ok, so I need to rant for a minute...

I live in Kentucky, in the Ohio valley Region...

Now I know that summers here can be hot, and I am used to them having lived here all my life, but now that I am finally "coming out" so to say in regards to my wearing boots, the worst thing is the fact I am starting to do this in the summer!

WHy you may ask does this suck? Well i do have a desire to wear skirts from time to time which would look great with the boots, however, in this area where highs are still in the mid to high 90's, boots are a complete no-no, even if i wore jeans...

I know just a random rant, but I am hoping it will cool off soon enough and fall will settle in and make for a great start for my heeling in public!

P.S. I also hate the fact that shoe stores are not yet putting boots out for sale, I must expand my collection, lol

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

the german summer 2007 is enervating perfect for wearing boots especially rain and rubber boots:mecry: Until now there were only two days with hot weather and may be ten days with normal summer weather. The whole rest was rain, coldness and rain again. Middle european monsun!?

In july 2003 we had here in Frankfurt for two weeks desert temperatures between 41 and 43 degrees Celsius - that must be something like 105 or even 110 F. Climate conditioning systems are unusual in private german homes, we never needed it. At late noon I was lying down in a chair with a wet towel on my naked tummy and my feet in a water bucket. For such emergency cases (*g*) I'm owning as boots fan some pairs of sandalettes and clogs in my high heels collection.

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....Fall is just around the corner! We are heading to a nearby town this weekend for an evening of high heel Boot wearing, we can't wait!!

david & Cathy

No, no and no again - I'm wishing still a little bit of summer feeling. Could be your "indian summer" in Canada or our "Altweibersommer" in Germany. But already fall? Apage satanas! 8)

The best fashion is your own fashion!