ballet heels - will they appear near you?

ChipsHH

Christina Aguilara - Hurt Beyonce - Green Light Pink - U + Ur Hand (still can't find where she wears em in the vid) Three vids so far with an appearance of ballet heels in each. More appearances probably coming in the near future. But the real question is: Is it enough to get people to drive out $100 or more for a pair? Will there be more people out there walking like they're crippled, with only them knowing they're not? Will the long jeans over the ballets soon disappear??? (random last question) This is directed more towards ballet heel fans, but others may post their opinions as well.

Formally "HHDude"

Pink's wearing them when she comes down on the rope in the BigTop... I think that it will be a while before they come close to being mainstream in fact I reckon that they'r a passing fad like back in the 80s when guys wore stilettos in music vids.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Pink's wearing them when she comes down on the rope in the BigTop...

I think that it will be a while before they come close to being mainstream in fact I reckon that they'r a passing fad like back in the 80s when guys wore stilettos in music vids.

Aww, man! I was hoping to spot more people around in ballets these days, and the future.

I have 2 pair now and maybe if I can practice and get to where I can walk with decent grace and not make a fool of my self I would were them in public .

I'll see you in the future. What city you live in? I will be there :smile:

Formally "HHDude"

Pink - U + Ur Hand (still can't find where she wears em in the vid)

Around 3.40 in the Ur Hand video, she's sitting down reading a red book with a "vamp" look... when you get a full shot of her is where you can make out her right foot in a ballet heel. She's not walking in them :smile: sigh

Sorry hun I wont be going to jail because of you , lol .

Jail? How?! Impossible!?

Around 3.40 in the Ur Hand video, she's sitting down reading a red book with a "vamp" look... when you get a full shot of her is where you can make out her right foot in a ballet heel. She's not walking in them :smile: sigh

I will certainly go on YouTube and see if I can spot them this time:nervous:

Formally "HHDude"

I am sure ballet heels never will;). This is an extreme shoe and will never be a normal everyday footwear even for those who can walk on these properly- no matter what some phantasies would expect;). Thoughts are free- phantasies legitime, but one should differenciate if it´s about reality;). but I think they will appear again and again in pop- culture (music, advertising, modern arts) - for the reason they are so extreme.

there are more people who like ballet SHOES (classical ballet dance shoes) than those who might be fascinating by ballet HEELS but even those are not worn on the street altough it would be even easier as one can change.

As to green light, the video is always cut so that you usually cannot see the arms and the legs of the persons at the same time... and in the only scene the whole person is visible, you recognize why.

that scene with aguillera in ballets I think is beautiful especially as she does not try to imply something she does not really do.

here the scene with pink.

Posted Image

but I´ve heard from a friend she CAN walk in ballets and there would exist a video somewhere her doing that.

I think umbrella by rihanna quite nice too - she really walks on pointe shoes. I do not think I could.

wow. mtv (an example) really does take off the feet its funny cause they dont do anything to rhianna's video. they show the whole video, uncut, as if it came straight from youtube or somethin no idea if they do that in beyonce's 'green light' vid. doubt i'll ever see if they do either

Formally "HHDude"

• 4 months later...

everybody seems to forget the white stripes video of blue orchids

Yeah, those didn't quite appeal to me too greatly. I do admit, good job/kudos to the girl walking around upstairs, walking down steps, getting crushed by a horse, etc. etc. o.O (The only part that got me)

Formally "HHDude"

• 1 month later...

wow. mtv (an example) really does take off the feet

its funny cause they dont do anything to rhianna's video. they show the whole video, uncut, as if it came straight from youtube or somethin

no idea if they do that in beyonce's 'green light' vid. doubt i'll ever see if they do either

I think with the green light video it's actually how the video's been made- the only time you can see the dancer's feet in the shoes, thay're standing still with their arms up as if they're hanging on to something, and then when they're dancing you can't see their feet, I think, because they're not actually wearing those shoes anymore! TOTAL cheating.

Also, I may cause controversy with this, but I actually prefer the Mary Jane style to a lot of the boots I've seen.

No controversy to me. I'd go with the Mary Jane style myself. They... ha, I don't know, seem more fitted for everyday wear, not counting the ballet style though (or if you want, you can). But to the subject at hand (Lolita), some of the boots I've seen are pretty good. I would start with the zip-up, lace boots I've heard about. Those are the best, in my opinion. :santa_hat:

Formally "HHDude"

I have 2 pairs of ballet boots, knee and ankle. I find them very enjoyable to wear for very long periods. I would ONLY get the shoes if I was NOT going to do any walking, namely to sleep in or just lounging. To see like ladies like Pata wearing hers with such grace and elegance is to me a challenge I would love to adopt and eventually even wear them out in public.

My average heel height is 61\2" on size 9 feet

Before they can possibly become more mainstream someone will have to put thought into how to build ballet boots/shoes with enough support and protection for the foot that the wearer will not injure themselves after walking for a while. My best setup still results in losing a toenail on my 2nd toe after standing and walking for an hour. This is not sustainable, and I've avoided doing it much since I don't want to cause myself a major issue. Normally I just wear em around the house without much walking :santa_hat:

(formerly known as "JimC")

I can't imagine ballets ever becoming truly mainstream, just because the majority of people won't put the effort into learning to walk into them. I mean, ok, a lot of girls wear heels, but I was looking at people's feet in the club I work at tonight, and the majority of girls were wearing 3" or 4", and even then a LOT of them had flat shoes with them, because they couldn't last the night in heels of those heights. It's fine with me though- I'm looking forward to being the centre of asttention when I'm comfortable enough in mine to wear them out!!

It's fine with me though- I'm looking forward to being the centre of asttention when I'm comfortable enough in mine to wear them out!!

*admires her determination* Just be careful with doing what you're gonna do, alright? :santa_hat:

Formally "HHDude"

Oh, I will!! I'm planning on taking it all very slowly, and I'll be wearing them for months about the house before I take them outside, as well as keeping a very keen eye on my general leg/foot health/fitness (I used to do a lot of dance, although unfortunately not ballet, so I'm pretty aware of the warning signs of any injuries and how to deal with them!)

send me a pair of talk my new boyfriend into getting me a pair! Never tried them, heard about them, and think I could pull it off!.....any questions?

Does anyone ever Email anymore? Send me one! I like to chat!

None, other than the comment: I totally wanna score a pair for myself! Of course, I don't have the money to get a pair myself. I also don't know of any on the board just giving them away (highly doubted). But still, these "instruments," I'll call them, continue to impress me the more I hear about them, Mainstream or not. I just have to try on a pair for myself, to see what the "positvies" and "negatives" are, especially from what I'm hearing on here.

Formally "HHDude"

Hello,

I only has were balletheels at home and during the last 1,5 year a fetish party. If I has the cuts like Pata to walk them in a more publick area I don't know.

And wearing boots it's easier then shoes, by thies you miss the support of the ankle.

I had made a small clip of thies balletheel sandalets from punitive shoes. I hope the connection to the clip works. http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b336/a3hmskrk/balletheelvideos/?action=view&current=blackdressballetsandalets3.flv

enjoy thies try-out,

A3

It works fine. And the walk is amazing. I thought your avatar wasn't real/were showing shoes that wouldn't keep together when someone walked in them. But it seems I was proven wrong. Impressive walk :santa_hat: Makes me want a pair even more!

Formally "HHDude"

hello HighHeelDude,

my avatar comes from the punitive shoeshop (Italy). From the past they were not that expensive as the US shopes. But now a lot is sold by internet you can look what fits for you the best.

Now my clips can be seen here are a few more from my:

http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b336/a3hmskrk/balletheelvideos/?action=view&current=Blackdressballetsandalets2.flv

http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b336/a3hmskrk/balletheelvideos/?action=view&current=blackdressballetsandalets.flv

http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b336/a3hmskrk/balletheelvideos/?action=view&current=goldblokkeddressballetshoes2.flv

enjoy them

A3

• 2 years later...

Well, I've matured over-time (saw my ridiculous replies to a few posts), and so has ballet heels.... somewhat. Ballet heels haven't died out, yet. The same with "extreme" platforms. I forget the exact sightings, but I believe a pair of heeless platforms are in Beyonce's latest vid. Black and white as well. Think I've seen ballet heels worn in another vid somewhere.

Formally "HHDude"