New Forum in French

Van

Hi guys,

for those of you who speak or understand French, I've more or less started a new thread on a french "alternative fashion" forum.

They're still pretty shy about the idea of guys in heels as the forum is pretty straight, no CD / TV forum, very macho-man oriented although it is originally a "male pantyhose site" (Comfilon type) ... you follow me ?

French are weird sometimes.

Anyhow, come and have a look at

http://www.c-tendance.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=18

Cheers

Vanessa

P.S. So far i seem to be the only contributor, so come on guys, pratice your french.

I would post a bit, but I find French people are not very tolerant of people writing their language badly with grammar, spelling, and coloqialism mistakes of which I would make plenty. I have to say France is a good place to wear heels though. I have done it loads of times there.

I would post a bit, but I find French people are not very tolerant of people writing their language badly with grammar, spelling, and coloqialism mistakes of which I would make plenty..

Maybe the french heelies are an exception? I'd say that someone who expects tolerance from the rest of the society in terms of footwear wouldn't be too consequent if he'd show linguistic chauvinism...

Bert

What's all the fuss about?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

for those of you who speak or understand French, I've more or less started a new thread on a french "alternative fashion" forum.

Vanessa;

I'm having trouble understanding the British English being posted in here :grin:

And now you expect me to try French? :smile:

Quel est le problème avec vous, fille?

PJ :grin:

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

For those of you who want to understand all the french being posted in here:

1) highlight the particular french text or phrase;

2) copy the french text into memory by pressing CTRL-C;

3) go to http://babel.altavista.com/tr?

4) paste the copied french text into the large box area;

5) select FRENCH TO ENGLISH;

6) click on TRANSLATE.

Voila !!

PJ

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

• 3 years later...

Sunday afternoon and looking through old posts came across this one. I've signed up for it even though my French is basic, but there's two benefits. Firstly to help my French improve - I've got a basic building and restaurant vocabluary - so there's another string to my bow. But it's quite difficult to try to participate in another language. Sometimes we don't appreciate how hard it could be for non native English speakers to take part here.

fogborkenvv I'm glad actually that you revived this thread. Do they have a Post Your Best Freestyle Fashion Pics thread there? Or something the equivalent thereof?

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

fogborkenvv I'm glad actually that you revived this thread. Do they have a Post Your Best Freestyle Fashion Pics thread there? Or something the equivalent thereof?

If they do I haven't found it yet. There's a long thread for posting pictures of boots. Not many of the pictures appear to be the posters' own though. My user name has just been approved so here goes.

Yohann is one of the posters there, and some of the pairs of boots he wears have some definate heels (3"), like this one:

Posted Image

Wonder if there's a store in France selling men's heeled boots?

I've been using google translate, but it comes up with some very strange stuff. For instance, this is the description of the skirt forum: Le port du collant est complétement dissociable du port de la jupe, ce forum est réservé à celle-ci. I think what it means is this is the place to post about skirt wearing, google renders it thus: The port of sticking is complétement dissociable port of the skirt, this forum is reserved for this one I'd be a bit worried posting gibberish like that on a forum. I'd rather post nonsense of my own composition. I'm trying to improve my French as well....

I just registered at this forum. I'll post a link back to hhplace regarding the heel meet, once the server lets me log in.

I just registered at this forum. I'll post a link back to hhplace regarding the heel meet, once the server lets me log in.

Were you able to publicise the International Heel Meet there? I've put a few posts on and had a nice welcome despite my appaling French. Mrs. F has had a look at what I've put there and come back with her metaphorical RED PEN.

Now that you reminded me, I did :D I'm sure I obliterated their language, so I tried to post bullet points and posted a link back to here. Plus added a few pics of myself to boot.

I find French so hard. At least no one's flamed me for my French. Where did you put your post - If I knew how I'd have posted a link for you - but I'm too thick with IT generally. I can't get an avatar uploaded either which is annoying.

Hi fogborkenvv--I put my post in this section:

http://www.c-tendance.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=18

Reunion hauts talons, London, Sat May 13th

If you click on profile, the last line at the very bottom of the page is where you type in the URL for your avatar.

the interface is structured the same as here at hhplace.

Is that avatar your house?

Yes - that's the before picture - almost a year ago - too small to see really. C-tendance is strict about size - I can't get my avatar pictures small enough. They only allow 6kb - but that one there is 10. When I reduce it - it reduces the size but not the file size.

I'm sure there are other solutions, but a photobucket account (at least for technologically impaired me) easily solves that. I upload a pic to photobucket. Then once that pic is uploaded to photobucket, I download the small pic from my photobucket index page to my pc and re-upload to photobucket at avatar size.