The True Man's HighHeel

mskim61

Let's say for sake of argument that one of the big shoe suppliers(i.e. 9West or Steve Madden) has decided to introduce a line of high heels directed to men. These would be anotomically corrrect and be offered in widths more in line with the man's foot. So what styles would they choose? My guess would be an oxford and an ankle boot. Any other thoughts out there?

Clogs and mules - backless shoes - would be perfect, because in the women's styles, with a 3 to 4 inch block or tapered heel, those kinds of shoes already look reasonably masculine. Shoes like these would be easily accepted by most people as men's shoes. I know that from experience. As much as some of you would like for stilettos for be readily accepted, I think we'll have to take smaller steps (pun intended) to get there. Heel wearing for men is more likely to be an evolution than a revolution. Let society first get used to the idea of chunkier high heels for men. We almost got there in the 1970s but the fashion died out.<sigh> Time to revive it! GWL

<something like that.. A western flavor, mid calf, with a about a 3 inch heel that has some beef to it. I would be all over it.

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

If I was doing a collection I'd have: 1. A 3.5" heel loafer with a nice thick sole. 2. An oxford or derby with a 3" block heel and "leather", that is to say tan, soles. 3. An ankle zip dress boot with a slightly thinner, higher heel. 4. A Cowboy boot with a 3.5" cuban heel and tapered toe box. 5. A closed toe mule on a 4" block heel. 6. A pointy toe Oxford with a 1.5" kitten heel.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Dr Shoe

Shound like the ideal collection that any guy on this board and many elsewhere would love to have in the bottom of the wardrobe.

Number 6 reminds me of the shoes once sported on stage by David Bowie some years ago.

TB2

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

The thing about putting together a collection is that you want to cover as many bases as you can without compromising what you're trying to achieve.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Let's say for sake of argument that one of the big shoe suppliers(i.e. 9West or Steve Madden) has decided to introduce a line of high heels directed to men. These would be anotomically corrrect and be offered in widths more in line with the man's foot. So what styles would they choose? My guess would be an oxford and an ankle boot. Any other thoughts out there?

Hi mskim61,

what is your real interest with your question?

"What would they choose?" or

"What do I wish that they should choose?"

The answer to the first question is quite simple. All shoe styles with a slight chance to create an accepted teen boy fashion. For example platform boots with block heels and a rounded toe box, cowboy boots with raised heels, ankle boots with cuban heels, sneakers with platform soles and clogs. These styles are all well known since the 70ies: platform boots in the Elton John rsp. Abba style, crazy mexican cowboy boots, the Beatles ankle boots and the Buffalo sneaker boots in the early 90ies (including the 4'' towers) and the old sweden clogs. At the moment I can't imagine that they would ever offer thin heels for guys. They want to sell shoes and to earn money.

Since fashion styles are repeating typically all 20 or 30 years there should be a good chance for us to find one of these styles a little bit modified again in the next years ;)

My answer to the second question is even much simpler: I were completely satisfied if the shoe companies are offering some of their best selling girls models also in male sizes:clap:

micha (*still hoping before I have died by an old age desease*)

@Dr. Shoe: I agree to you, my favourite shoe collection is allso a compromise. Between my fashion style, the offer of the shoe companies, my courage in publicity and social necessities. At work I would never wear fetish styles. All things at the right time!

The best fashion is your own fashion!

I think more along this line would be my choice:

Posted Image

I like the look on these - of course I have them already, so perhaps I'm biased.........but they look DARN good under jeans.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Womans shoes already come in all sorts of styles. I'm sure we've all thumbed through a sears or JC Penny's catalog and looked at styles from the most feminine looking sandals, flats and pumps to the most masculine looking boots and oxfords. The point I am trying to make is that manufacturers already make enough styles to satisfy most of us. All that it takes is a little "looken" to find a style that meets your conditions and fancy. The problem is that the sizes available aren't made to fit the male foot. So, if they would produce several different styles to male specifications, I'm sure it would go a long way towards solving the issue.