Why Some men Wear Heels

gary0618

Posted Image

Prince's tiny frame (around 5' 2"), peculiar persona and unique sense of style may not be every woman's bag. Despite this, he has had thousands of female admirers worldwide -- especially during the androgynous '80s. Never having a problem with the ladies, he has been romantically linked to some of the world's most beautiful and exotic women, including Apollonia Kotero, Sherilyn Fenn, Mayte Garcia, Sheena Easton, and Kim Basinger.

Prince is one of those few celebrities with a completely original and ever-changing sense of fashion. His funky, colorful style reveals psychedelic, glam and classic R&B and rock 'n' roll sensibilities.

His eye-catching wardrobe has included a vast array of ankle-length technicolor dream coats, frilly collars and sleeves, high-heeled boots, belly-revealing shirts, and ass-revealing trousers, as well as headgear that ranges from classic fedoras to gaucho-style sombreros and funky doo-rags.

A Quote from Prince:

"People say I'm wearing heels because I'm short. I wear heels because the women like 'em."

-Prince

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

I can't stand much of his music (he very under-rated as a guitar player), but Prince truely is one of the coolest guys on the planet.. I remember years ago reading an article in one of the tabloids about his wardrobe and more specifically his heels, and thought "damn, thats cool as it gets".... ;)

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

Leatherworks used to custom make all his heels which had to be specially reinforced for his dancing. You can see a pair if you ever visit their showroom, he has tiny, tiny feet!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I can't stand much of his music (he very under-rated as a guitar player), but Prince truely is one of the coolest guys on the planet..

I remember years ago reading an article in one of the tabloids about his wardrobe and more specifically his heels, and thought "damn, thats cool as it gets".... ;)

I saw his SuperBowl performance and was not particularly impressed. The question that kept going through my mind was:"How did this pot-washer ever make it in music?" But I've got to admit that what he lacks in talent, he more than makes up for with style. That guy could draw a crowd if Paris Hilton was doing a strip-tease 2 blocks away! I don't know exactly what cool is, but I'd have to say that Prince comes pretty close. :o

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

I think that's one of THE first things I ever noticed about Prince when I saw the video for "Little Red Corvette" was the heels that man wore. I was always glued to the screen watching him dance about on those stiletto boots, so I think that was one of the things that really got me into wearing them as well. Even though I don't really care for his more recent music, the style still got me hooked!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

• 4 months later...

From an online post about Las Vegas Comebacks

http://www.vegaspopular.com/2007/08/16/great-vegas-comebacks/

Prince - When the purple one opened his show at the Rio late last year, it seemed like a perfect fit. I mean, we're talking about a guy who, like Vegas, is equal parts elegant and gaudy. But, after just a few months of sold-out shows, our pint-sized friend skipped town. It would have been interesting to see what would have happened had Prince stayed. Would he have started his own Rat Pack featuring guys in high-heels and puffy shirts? Would he have talked Mayor Oscar Goodman into painting city hall purple? Sadly, we'll never know.

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

I think that's one of THE first things I ever noticed about Prince when I saw the video for "Little Red Corvette" was the heels that man wore. I was always glued to the screen watching him dance about on those stiletto boots, so I think that was one of the things that really got me into wearing them as well.

Even though I don't really care for his more recent music, the style still got me hooked!

Little Red Corvette still sounds like nothing else. What could he have been if he had sustained that direction? Maybe it's not even possible...

I wear heels too to keep up with soulmate's 4 inchers, and cos i love the feeling too. Her saying I like you to be taller than me is a tacit order to wear heels.......

Okay even wearing the dog when she wears wellies.... !!!

Wearing the dog??? 8) Now there's one I haven't heard in a coons age. Down south (where I've lived most of my life), we used that expression to denote putting on false airs of prosperity - especially to impress company. Didn't know you all did it in England as well.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

8) Do you have the answer? It may be similar to mine, but I don't know the answer for every man or even every women for that matter. If you have had this desire to wear, quote "girly shoes" since you could make a choice and heels have become part of this desire as you grew, then it is in your essence, within your being, in your intelligence, and simply it's you. No one had to point out any thing pro or con concerning this footwear. You just know the wearing of heels satisfies or fulfills the desire from within. When I was very young, I was denied wearing my favorite footwear, I felt betrayed and less than human. As I grew older and began to understand the social rules, I felt more like an alien from another world. I didn't know why I was so different from any one else around me. There wasn't any one to confide my feelings about the need to have and wear "girly shoes". Therefore, I just did it in secret, through cunning manuevers or whenever the opportunity became apparent. By the way, I'm even more selective than the title of "girly shoes" freely denotes. My choices hardly ever went beyond the confines of some styles in the pump category. A few stiletto boots have made it to my closet, but that was to coordinate an outfit or to see if the heel height was something I could walk in comfortably. If heels or "girly shoes" never existed, then who knows what else would have been chosen in its place to fill this need. Society really didn't consider what the effects upon its members the misunderstanding of the gender theory would be. Gender obviously does not totally follow the sex of a person. Terms like sissy, tomboy, and etc. are not just names people are called, they denote a certain personality someone is, if accurately applied. These personalities are not bad or wrong, it's the attitude we have been taught toward them that is at fault. People are who they are and we can't make them fit our own image or ideal. Enrich our world and let people be who they are, as long as it doesn't infringe or harm someone else.

Very well said Histiletto. Cause if you can't be your self, then who can you be. A very good friend of mine at work,(gay female) once told me," I don't mind if your straight if you don't mind if I'm gay". Of course she new about my heels but that didn't have anything to do with the point she was making.

real men wear heels