Place you can go unnoticed in heels

slav2fashion

Hi all, I'm new here, so sorry if this has been discussed. I did a quick search and couldn't find anything. I've been wearing high heeled boots in public for a couple of years now (not all the time, mostly on weekends, in the winter months), though I prefer not to attract attention. I just love the way the four inch heels feel on my feet, and how they affect my posture. I also love the feeling of leather hugging my calves. Here are some of the places I feel comfortable to be in in heels: * Borders (because of the carpeted floors) * Movie theaters (if the floors are carpeted) * Busy restaurants, like diners, some chain restaurants (I love these place because it's usually noisy enough that people don't notice the clicking of my heels, but I can still hear it myself if I pay attention) I'd like to be able to wear boots in more places though, and would really appreciate any ideas you may have. Thanks!

So what's the big deal? Wear them where you like, I can gaurantee that the world will not come to a grinding halt if you do.

I agree! I've been in crowded malls----BEFORE CHRISTMAS----in heels and practically no one cared. Go where you want, slav2fashion. Nobody's going to notice.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Actually I have been noticed in Borders. But then again, I usually wear pumps or open toe shoes. Places where people don't usually notice that I have found are large stores such as Target, the Marts (Wal and K), etc. Coffee shops usually dont attract a lot of attention. Drug stores are normally OK as well. I have had only a handful of negative comments in all of my experiences though you get the giggly girls and the obnoxious groups of guys. But then again, I dont care one way or the other if I am noticed.

Style is built from the ground up!

Actually there are two situations... Being noticed - not that big a deal. And being commented - also not that big a deal - depending on you! If you don't get noticed, or do get noticed and not recognized - no problems. If you get noticed and someone comments to you publically - it depends on who is around you. I like bookstores (also museums, libraries, theatres), public but not loud - never aggressive. The places I can feel very comfortable in. I also don't mind very crowded areas. When you are pressed close to each other - few look down at your feet. Perhaps the situation I fear most is being recognized and noticed in heels with people who don't know me as a heel wearer - coworkers, family. This is why I venture out in areas where likely no one knows me. Heel wearing is fun, makes me feel great - so I go to places I concern myself with just those things... I wish I was a free of mind as TBG or JeffB or others here that have made heels part of their life everywhere!

Any place with crowds too busy about their own lives to worry about how you're living your life is usually a good bet.

I've found downtown Vegas on a crowded weekend to be pretty carefree, as are the latest Hollywood releases at theaters, ice-skating rinks (blades, heels, what's the difference?), crowded resturants, any fairly sedate outdoor events, particularly at night, provided people aren't beginning to get out of hand.

Of course, there's always at home, in front of the fire, but I think the question was more along the lines of where else can men go unnoticed in heels.

One of the most amazing things of Johnnieheel's vids is that only one guy (no girls) swung his head to the sound of his heels as he walked through the mall, and this guy was probably a heel-wearing wannabe!

I agree! I've been in crowded malls----BEFORE CHRISTMAS----in heels and practically no one cared. Go where you want, slav2fashion. Nobody's going to notice.

I know what you mean, and I'd rather be at a crowded mall than an empty one. I feel you'll more likely to go unnoticed that way.

I know some of you may disagree, but I'd prefer to go unnoticed though, at least for now. Or perhaps it's OK to be noticed, as long as no one says anything, as tallguyinheels put it.

Thanks for the ideas.

I agree about crowds. I try to pick heels that have a thick soft heel but of course I have my love of the high heel and the only way you get a good one is if it makes that "noise" we can all pick out. I went to the mall one day early before all the shops opened, the older people would go walk early, I thought it would be a great place to strut my 4 and 1/2 heel boots. Oh my, did it ever seem SO LOUD. I was nervous because everyone else was in tennis shoes so the only noise was of my heels. I ended up sneaking out a side door and walking the outside of the mall. Decided the next time I would go when it was packed. I have gone to the Angelika Film Center here in Dallas. In fact.lol. I went to see "Kinky Boots" (great movie) in a pair of my high heels and no one even blinked. I don't mind late nights at the 7/11 because they don't care....

I've gone strolling around in a Wal-Mart, a big shopping mall, a Target, a couple of Home Depots and a Lowe's in my 3" wedge boots and (except for a pair of pre- adolescent girls) I had no awareness that anyone noticed. I even had my hair (what little there is) cut in those boots. Not a peep.

Most people are pre-occupied with their own concerns to notice what a man has on his feet. And why would they care? -- How much attention do we pay to the standard fare of boring mens' shoes? That situation may change as more men start wearing something worthy of interest.

Wear 'em where you want. It is difficult but try to change your mind-set -- they are not heels, they are just interesting, comfortable boots that feel good on your feet. And when your feet are happy the rest of you will follow suit.

Have a happy time!

I know some of you may disagree, but I'd prefer to go unnoticed though, at least for now. Or perhaps it's OK to be noticed, as long as no one says anything, as tallguyinheels put it.

Thanks for the ideas.

Admittedly, I don't know you since you're new here, so allow me to make the semi-educated guess that you're also fairly new to the concept of public heeling and you're somewhat self-conscious about being out and about in heels. If I'm wrong, don't be afraid to tell me so, if not, then don't feel bad about it. We've all "been there, done that".

Even veterans like myself have experienced those sort of feelings in the beginning, consciously or subconsciously worrying about how the world around us will react to the sight of a man wearing women's shoes, so we try, almost to an obsessed degree to blend in and hope we don't get noticed, i.e. people pointing and laughing at you and calling gay or a freak. While that most extreme example almost never happens except in the rarest of circumstances, it is a real fear beginners all have when going out in heels, and it keeps some of us firmly closeted.

It's not until we actually jump into the deep end of the pool and actually go out that we realize that our fears were almost always unfounded, and the accompanying sense of relief helps to increase your enjoyment of your outing. And the more you go out, the more your confidence builds, and the more you want to go out. Hope my ramblings helped you.

:wink:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

It's not until we actually jump into the deep end of the pool and actually go out that we realize that our fears were almost always unfounded, and the accompanying sense of relief helps to increase your enjoyment of your outing. And the more you go out, the more your confidence builds, and the more you want to go out. Hope my ramblings helped you.

:wink:

All I can say is... AMEN!

This week? To the post office, including standing in line for a package, out to eat Wednesday night, taking out the garbage Thursday night (a *bit* windy, so it was an effort to get the can to remain upright - had to wedge it between two trees near where it normally sits), to church on Sunday, and McDonald's for lunch one day. I think it's mostly that no one notices a man in heels if he's wearing long, darker pants and darker or black block-heeled boots or similarly conservative oxfords. If they do notice, they don't care because they've so many more bizzare things. I'll be some probably think, "A man in heels? Huh. That's tame..."