Another night out in heels

chris100575

Chris, Sounds like it's getting easier for you every day to be out in heels. As you say, nobody really gives a damn. Unless they are in a group most people would not say anything. Two days ago I spent the afternoon running errands in my 4" heel boots to the drug store, hardware store and supermarket without any incident or comment. I did have jeans on but the heel is fully exposed. I noticed one look from a fellow stocking shelves but that was it. Guys, as Chris said, it is easy! Get on out there. Jim

Hi Jim It really does get easier every time I do it. The weird thing is that I'm quite happy going out wearing heels, but still felt a bit uncomfortable looking at the ladies boots in Matalan this morning! Go figure. Didn't see anything that really grabbed me, but I was trying to be good as I've just bought another pair from the Malicia range. They're a pretty rare pair, so I'm really looking forward to them arriving! Ozzard: I will have been at Oxford Rd at about twenty to nine. Chris

Glad you had good night out. It is true, it does get easier with every time. And people generally don't care. One thing that does bother me is when I'm on the tube in London freestyling there's always someone staring at my feet. I suppose it's something better to look at than staring into space. I'll get used to it! I really regret not wearing heels into Cheltenham today. I had to go to the bank at lunch in Oxford and went out in my trainers (put on the first thing I grabedb out of my wardrobe) and then when I got home didn't have time to change into some more freestylish as we left more or less straight away. Gotta go out tomorrow, so I may freestyle tomorrow.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

It really does get easier every time I do it.

Chris:

That's been the universal sentiment of everyone who's ventured out in public while wearing heels. After awhile, you'll amaze yourself with how simple it's become to where you chastise yourself a bit for not having done it sooner.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Chris:

That's been the universal sentiment of everyone who's ventured out in public while wearing heels. After awhile, you'll amaze yourself with how simple it's become to where you chastise yourself a bit for not having done it sooner.

Yup, I find that too. Starting out we seem to live under this great cloud of dread about "what will everybody else think" and it keeps us from going out. But think about it -- how often do you notice a guy's shoes? We notice womens' shoes but that's mostly because we love them so much. But mens' shoes -- who cares?

And when we do venture out, especially in something low-key and conservative, we find that virtually nobody notices. The worst I have seen is a glance and a somewhat quizzical expression -- and that is less than 1% of the time!

Why shouldn't we wear what we like?

Have a happy time!

But think about it -- how often do you notice a guy's shoes? We notice womens' shoes but that's mostly because we love them so much. But mens' shoes -- who cares?

You hit the nail squarely on the head! Men don't notice when other men wear on their feet! Why would they, especially when the options are limited to sneakers, loafers, docksiders and Timberlands? It's women who notice other women who notice us in heels. Men just plain don't give a damn!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

In the Salisbury I saw a guy in a skirt, but unfortunately only from behind as he made his way back from the toilet.

Hi Chris

I think this was Howard from the skirt forum.

Its one of his haunts. He says he is coming to the Thatched house gig on Jan 6th.

I don't know if he's into heels or anything, but he's a definate freestyler.

Jon

Never try to baptise a cat

To be completely honest I'm almost getting to the point where I'm disappointed when nobody notices. I've got a fifth pair of Malicia boots on the way, and this was after a promise to myself that I wouldn't buy another pair until I've worn all the ones I own so far in public. One pair (my previous avatar) are excepted as I got them second hand, and one heel has a crack in it. It still feels solid, but I don't want to be wearing them outside when I find out that it isn't! The other pair are similar to the pair in my current avatar, but they're black patent leather with velcro straps up both sides. :rocker: That will have a be a night when I'm feeling *very* confident! Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Out in Manchester in heels again last night. I wore the boots in my avatar, I did want to wear the ones with the purple flames, but my cousin was wearing hers and we didn't want to have matching boots. This time I left the gel cushions out because they're awkward to get into place in boots, and we had to hurry to get the train. This turned out to be a mistake. We went to the Salisbury and then onto Jilly's, where I spent too much time on the dancefloor and got really sore feet. So much so that at one point I was questioning why I was bothering with heels at all. After a few minutes one of my friends noticed me looking a bit glum and I was summoned back to the floor. Glad that I was, because I within a few minutes I noticed a very attractive lady working her way towards me and I ended up dancing with her for three or four tracks. I don't know if the heels attracted her attention, but she was definitely aware of them as during "Fairytale of New York" we were stood with our arms round each other while she did some Irish-looking dance thing. I was looking at her feet (black leather low heeled knee boots, before you ask!) trying to join in with this, and she was looking at mine in friendly amusement as I failed miserably! Unfortunately her friend seemed to get peeved after a while and almost literally dragged her away. I got a hug and a rather nice kiss before she left though. :rocker: Finally, we head for home. After nearly nine hours in heels, a fair amount of which was spent on my feet, I'd definitely had enough. My feet were absolutely killing me, to the extent that I positively enjoyed getting out of the boots when we got back. So, all in all a very good night, the lady in Jilly's being the definite highlight. Will I go out in heels again? Of course! Just not for a dew days. Next time though the cushions are definitely going in, and I'm not going to overdo it. Chris

I must have just missed you.

I was in the Salisbury towards the end of the night.

I had my knee length black skirt with fishnets and flat boots as I was being dragged all round Manchester.

I had more comments about my nails than anything else, In fact, I only was commented on my nails :rocker:

Posted Image

I know what Chris says about being dissapointed when people don't notice! It used to take some curage to go out in heels or a skirt, so when people don't notice its hardly worth the effort of putting them on in the first place.

More-so with heels, as it can ruin your night with the pain involved.

Jon

Never try to baptise a cat

Chris;

Sounds like you had a grand time, sore feet and all.

Here is s tip for getting gel insoles in place in a boot more quickly. The ones I use have a slick upper side and bottom side is the gel which is designed to stay in place in the shoe/boot. Turn the boot upside down and slide the gel insole in place on the top of the inside of the boot. The slick surface of the insole is sliding easily on the top inside of the boot. When you get it in place, turn the boot over and let gravity have it’s way. The insole should fall onto the bottom of the inside of the boot and require very little adjusting.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Hi Jon, nice nails! We were only in the Salisbury until about ten, then we headed for Jilly's. While in a way I'm still disappointed when nobody notices my heels, it is very encouraging to keep on going out in them. While it's always nice when someone notices and says something positive, the more attention they attract the more likely it is some of it will be unwelcome. Swings and roundabouts. TBG: It was a very good night. The sore feet were largely my own fault for not taking it a bit easier and sitting down more often. The Scholl cushions are just gel, so they don't have a slippery side. I can usually manage OK, but then I'm not usually trying to get into my boots and out the door in one minute flat! More forward planning required methinks. Chris