Rounded Toes Return

dr1819

Posted ImagePosted Image

I manged to finance these a little while back.

DR1819:

If they got those boots in a size 12 buy a pair of brown and dye it black, it's not hard.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

I'd kill for either one, hoverfly! The one on the left looks like the "clog boot" I saw advertised on the Internet. Don't remember where. Sadly, I'm now wearing a 13. I used to be able to squeeze into size 11s in the 80s (mainly sandals), and wore 12s when I first began heeling in 2001. But lately, 12s are usually uncomfortably tight while 13s are usually a bit too loose (unless worn with thick socks)! If it's leather, I can sometimes buy 12s and get away with breaking them in, particularly if they have longer toes. But a true, round-toed shoe is a bit too short these days - my toes will touch the front, which isn't comfortable. Strangely, the last two pair of boots I bought were both 12s. One was a 12W, and is very comfortable with a pair of socks. The other is a 12M, which is snug, even with nothing more than thin hosiery. However, they're leather, and will eventually break in.

I'd kill for either one, hoverfly!

The one on the left looks like the "clog boot" I saw advertised on the Internet. Don't remember where.

Sadly, I'm now wearing a 13. I used to be able to squeeze into size 11s in the 80s (mainly sandals), and wore 12s when I first began heeling in 2001. But lately, 12s are usually uncomfortably tight while 13s are usually a bit too loose (unless worn with thick socks)!

If it's leather, I can sometimes buy 12s and get away with breaking them in, particularly if they have longer toes. But a true, round-toed shoe is a bit too short these days - my toes will touch the front, which isn't comfortable.

Strangely, the last two pair of boots I bought were both 12s. One was a 12W, and is very comfortable with a pair of socks. The other is a 12M, which is snug, even with nothing more than thin hosiery. However, they're leather, and will eventually break in.

The one on the right with right boot I had to stretch a bump for my big toe, but maybe I could have gotten a wide instead but I got it to work out. I could use a 12.5 for the right foot. But loosing some weight might help out to prevent further foot spread, it's hard enough to get 12 let alone a 13. Macy's caries the actual version, leather upper but just as comfy do to the heavy lining. But only went up to a size 10. :evil:

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

These both caught my eye and may well make it into my collection. both from the current NEXT catalogue and come upto 43W for the knee boots and regular 43 for the ankle boots. NEXT boots tend to be generous whereas their shoes tend to be narrow. If I decide to order either or both of them (almost certain), as it is unusual to find the size 9/43 in the shop, I'll do a fit report on them.

Here are the boots in question.

Posted ImagePosted Image

These are IMHO great heels for men as they do not have too great a feminine overtone to the look. Whilst I wear these boots in the picture below to work, and they have a 3/4" D shaped heel, they are probably a bit too thin and really cross the border. Nice to wear though.

Posted Image

TB2

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

I bought the Next ankle boots only come in brown and didn't like them that much so took them back. Then bought the Nine West ones, first phot in black they are geneorous in size have a 9W which i think is Uk 7 and normally take an UK8 they are really comfy dead easy to walk in 3 1/2" a bit noisy as have hard plastic heel tip, but that easuilly sorted. Great buy would highly recoment them to anyone

link don't work.

bootluvr, you need to remove the comma from the url.

www.payless.com

BTW, just saw these.

Posted Image

Very masculine looking boot IMO. Guys could easily wear these without any problems (not that other shoes always cause problems!). I'd be quite tempted by these.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

The one on the right with right boot I had to stretch a bump for my big toe, but maybe I could have gotten a wide instead but I got it to work out. I could use a 12.5 for the right foot. But loosing some weight might help out to prevent further foot spread, it's hard enough to get 12 let alone a 13. Macy's caries the actual version, leather upper but just as comfy do to the heavy lining. But only went up to a size 10. :evil:

The good news is that Zappos and Nordstroms are full of high heeled boots in sizes to 13.

Happy shopping!

• 2 months later...