male heelwearing WILL NEVER take off... unless...

TXT-1

...unless a few superegos get out there and set examples of the right kind... ...when I was employed at my former employer-euphemistically known as "Big Blue"(retired 1994)- convention would never have allowed me the freedom to challenge the accepted expectations in a corporate culture...one might say that I had responsibilities to my "stream of income" ...when I had children in the public school system I had responsibilities to them as a parent-to conduct myself in ways that would set examples of "expected" conduct" for them... ...and when I took my wife out in the past for dinner and "what-have-yous" I felt that I had a responsibility to her to find my satisfaction in strictly enjoying the pleasure of seeing HER in spikeheels-living the pleasure through her one might say...sublimating my needs through her... ----------------------- ...so to stay on topic for this thread I will simply say this: only when I had discharged my obligations to Society and Family did I reach a point where the planets aligned and allowed me the windows of opportunity: * self-employed * special circumstances with customers have allowed me the chance to give this a try without substantial risk * children left nest * wife not opposed to allowing me to test my expectations ...now that I have established a working model for this "experiment" I intend to be as open, upright and forthcoming with anyone and everyone I should meet who shows an interest in what I am attempting to accomplish-namely, showing a boot heel under a pair of clean pressed Wrangler jeans... ...it's not for everyone-as I hope I made clear- responsibilities to others should remain the priority and one still needs a pretty big "set of stones" to even risk the criticism some of which may still come your way... for most guys this sense of accountability to others takes priority over the sense of "freedom to take risks" and most will never think through the logic to reach the conclusions they would like to reach on a subject like "could I ever wear heels?" ...all of this has taken a lot of life-analysis and priority-setting...growing older has helped settle issues for me as well..but the "dreams of a lifetime" are coming true for me and they can for you... if you look comfortable, happy and excited with wearing heels that will be the aura others perceive and you will not only turn your own experiences into happy ones but that sense of contentment will inform others to try the adventure for themselves- ..if you believe that this so-called "diversity" means more and more compartmentalizatations into smaller and smaller distinct closed-minded societies within Society as a Whole then the concept of male heeling will never emerge as an acceptable custom...but if individuals believe that their dreams can be realized and they see examples such as men in heels actually living their dreams... ...this is when male heeling has a chance of "taking off" god luck and happy heeling JSpikeheels

JSpikeHeels, what a wonderful post, filled with a fairly well-balanced series of life experiences. All of us have got to make the choice as to whether we're going to work within society's expectations or blast through them willy-nilly. Ususually the latter is like investing in risky stocks - more return, but more risk. I think a healthy approach involves evaluating what we're willing to loose, then going no farther, and fostering that which we value the most. That said, and nothing more...

Indeed, women can look just as stylish in a pair of low heel shoes (even their low styles are better than the men's styles). There's plenty of heels out there - saw loads yesterday in London. Boots and courts all averaging 3-4 inches - those are decent heels to me. TBH, 5 inch heels aren't really practical for wondering around town all day - I know some of you will argue otherwise. Going out maybe but 3 inches is pretty fine for tottering around town in.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

think about it...is high heel wearing all that mainstream with women? go out and count all the women you see in one day and see how many are wearing heels over 2 inches....not that many,and why? because they hurt your feet!...nuff said.

I think a good part of that is due to the fact that women can dress as they please without much fear of censure. If heels were completely fully integrated into what is acceptable for men, I've no doubt that it would balance out to where men who do wear heels would vary their heights as women tend to do. There would be a few Laurieheels and JennyHK types who would be a bit more venturesome, Prometheus bless them, but the majority of men would most likely do as women do now, vary. I also think that women have a certain sort of female mafia that sets acceptable female behaviour amongst women, women do tend to be quite hard on each other about attire. I recall several of the former posters discussing how they would get certain epithets thrown their way when they wore heels.

"To kiss, pretty Saki, thy shoes' pretty tips, is better than kissing another girl's lips." -Omar Khayyam

think about it...is high heel wearing all that mainstream with women? go out and count all the women you see in one day and see how many are wearing heels over 2 inches....not that many,and why? because they hurt your feet!...nuff said.

Actually well-made, properly-fitted and modest heels do not hurt your feet. Yeah, if you put five or six-inch heels on an un-trained foot, that will hurt. If you put ill-fitting four-inch heels on any foot, they will hurt. But a well-made 3- or 4-inch heeled shoe, well-fitted to the wearer, will not hurt (and will most likely feel good.)

Fit (and moderation) is the key.

Have a happy time!

BINGO! I'm thrilled to see the last five posts actually agreeing that it doesn't take a 5-inch fetish heel to obtain the high-heeled feeling or look. Whatever feels high to the individual without causing pain or discomfort is high enough. It's good for you and good for your feet. Happy heeling! :academic:

Originally Posted by DandyDude

I think a good part of that is due to the fact that women can dress as they please without much fear of censure. ... I also think that women have a certain sort of female mafia that sets acceptable female behaviour amongst women, women do tend to be quite hard on each other about attire. I recall several of the former posters discussing how they would get certain epithets thrown their way when they wore heels.

They are probably hard on each other due to the plethora of clothes they have to choose from and wear. Men tend to all dress the same because of less choice, therefore there is less cause to question another males attire.

This may be just a little off-topic, but as a rule, women dress for other WOMEN! :huh::biggrin::rocker: Indeed, it is a rare woman and a rare circumstance when a woman dresses either for herself or for her man. It occurs to me that if women were more interested in how men dressed, perhaps men wearing heels might actually be in fashion.:irked:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

This may be just a little off-topic, but as a rule, women dress for other WOMEN! Indeed, it is a rare woman and a rare circumstance when a woman dresses either for herself or for her man. It occurs to me that if women were more interested in how men dressed, perhaps men wearing heels might actually be in fashion.

Come to think of it, when women "dress" for men, does it not generally result in less clothing :rocker::biggrin: ???

Have a happy time!