My First Time...

JL

Hi there... My name is Jeff and I live in NY in the USA. I know that this isn't the official 'intro' forum, but I figured I would kill two birds with one stone (so to speak).

For at least 20 years, I have always wondered what it would be like to wear a pair of high heels. I've dabbled in the occasionnal pantyhose, etc... and found that I love the feeling on my legs. Mind you that I am not a TV (that I'm aware of) but I just like the feel.

Whenever I see an attractive woman, I always catch a glance at her feet (legs too if she's wearing a skirt/dress). I'm nothing but mesmerized when they are wearing heels.

My wife tries to wear heels but she just can't get the 'swing' of them and walks very heavilly. She knows nothing of my infatuation.

Anyway...

A few weeks ago I found HHPLACE and have been reading it every day. I applaud all of you that are in no way hiding your shoes - fashion should not be gender specific.

In one of the posts, there was mention of Pleaser shoes. I did some additional searching and found FunkyPair.com. A little more lurking and I found the heels of my dreams (for now at least). A pair of 5" stiletto ankle boots. I wear a men's 13W which translates to a Woman's 15. To be safe I ordered them in a 16. They just now showed up.

Mind you I have NEVER worn heels before. Dreamed yes, worn never.

I figured that the first try should be with socks on (my sister always wears socks under he hh's). I had the idea in my mind that they wouldn't fit. THEY DID!!! Like a glove!! I had to lace the fronts up a couple of times to get the right support for my ankles but THEY FIT!!!!

I can stand in them. I can walk in them (sort of). I am not the smallest guy in the world so until I can get the swing of them, I'm walking a bit like an elephant, but I am walking. In 5" Stiletto Heels!!!!!!

The reason I am writing all of this is to basically say "THANK YOU". Without this site and all of your posts, I never would have gotten the courage to buy them.

I am going on a business trip (driving) in a few weeks - you know I'll be doing a lot of practicing then. I'll probably sleep in them too, just to keep the achilles in shape.

If anyone has some suggestions for me as to how I can get walking in these things more gracefully in a much quicker way, please tell me!! I feel so free (in the closet at least) and almost sexy in them.

Hopefully, the pictures are going to post - here goes.

Posted Image

Posted Image

:evil:

Men's 13W : Women's 15/16

JL –

WELCOME to the forum.

What a great first post and with pictures too!

How do you learn to walk in a 5” stiletto heel …

Since this is your first heel, do it carefully and slowly. The key is practice, practice and practice. Take it easy and soon your body will get used to the idea of the heel being there and the extra control a stiletto heel requires. In a little while you should be able to walk with a short stride that will then work into a full stride.

Take it easy on your feet. Give them (and the muscles in your calves) a rest often while you are starting. Soon they will get used to the new strain 5” heels impose and you will be able to go for miles.

The more logical advice would be to start with a lower heel and get used to that then a 5” won’t seem so high.

I wear 5” heels on a size 14 all the time and most of the time I can walk with a full stride like I would in any shoes but this has taken a while.

I recommend NOT wearing your new boots out and about until you are comfortable in them and can walk naturally. Bad experiences are hard to overcome.

Most important, enjoy your new boots and practice, practice, and practice.

By the way, nice looking boots.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Wearing them "out" isn't in the plans for some time. Even while I'm away, I don't plan on leaving the hotel room!! :evil: Then again, I don't think I'll ever be able to wear them "out". Only time will tell. I never thought I'd be able to program a firewall, and now I'm a Network Engineer responsible for global network security for my company. I did notice two things about my new heels though: 1. When I took them off after about an hour and a half of walking and sitting and walking again, I find it somewhat painful to walk flatfoot. It's not that I can't, just that my calf muscles are wondering just what I am doing and are a bit sore. I am getting the basic hang of the walk though. 2. I need to run the vacuum through EVERY room that I walked in. The heels left their 'mark' in the carpet. Ooops. I'll just tell my wife that the cat's shed an aweful lot and it was nasty. That'll work. All in all... I must say that the experience of putting the heels on for the first time was one he11 of a jolt of adrenaline!! I felt like I could run a marathon (in sneakers) at that particular moment. I still feel rather charged from it. Since my wife knows absolutely NOTHING of this, the boots are back in the box and on their way to a hiding place where I hope she'll never look - in the ceiling over the garage. Then again, maybe behind the computer. Wherever they fit best I guess (besides on my feet). Please don't get tired of me posting... I am way beyond thrilled, excited, and even giddy about these and I need to 'talk' to someone. I plan on getting some better pix tomorrow afternoon. New camera will come in handy. Thanks again for listening.

That is SOOOOOOOOOO awesome! What a great way to get into heels - with some that not only look awesome, but fit well to boot (pun intended)! The only stumbling block I can see would be the other half, should she ever find out, so it may be best at some point to kinda "break the ice" with her about it, so if she does find them, she won't go into catatonic shock over finding large-ish stiletto boots in the house. Again...CONGRATS! on your first foray into the heeled realm!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Hi Jeff, congratulations to your first high heel experience! Just a little piece of advice from someone who has gone through all that already: Don't wait 12 years (like me!) to tell your wife. You'll get physically sick (and psychically as well) just when you constantly think about "how can I order/buy new shoes without her noticing it" or "where is my best hiding place" or, later on, "help - my hiding place is already full with shoes" :evil: Of course, don't just barge in saying "honey, look at my new shoes", but you should look for a suitable moment to tell her just from the beginning. I know, that's easily said, but believe me: life is better and healthier after it :D Ben

JL – Not wearing the “out” is missing at least half the fun, but that is a biased opinion. This is a good place to talk to others about wearing heels but a word of caution, it is easy to get caught up in the “conversation” and forget that this is a unique bunch of guys with a wide open perspective on high heels. Be sure to keep your own counsel and keep heel in your life your way. The enthusiasm this group has for heeling can be a very contagious thing that is very easy to get caught up in without realizing it. No one will ever complain about posting too much. After a while the jolt of adrenaline will be less and less and soon the boots will just become your boots that you enjoy wearing. This isn’t a bad thing. Many of the guys here wear stilettos under pants with in inseam long enough to cover the heel. I think the excitement is going out and wondering if anyone will notice or what will happen if they do. Others wear them with a pant length that exposes the heel a bit and makes a nice looking fashion statement. I haven’t done either of those for several years, I wear leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos over my jeans or with shorts. I didn’t enjoy wondering if people would notice. My experiences have shown me most people don’t care. One last word of caution. After a while wearing heels will become a natural thing to do, and it will be for you, but it still isn’t for the rest of the world. Be cautious about becoming complacent about where you go in heels. I have many places where I can go wearing my thigh boots and I am comfortable they will not present a problem. I go slowly into new places. Others have posted similar comments as Ben2006 has offered. Like I said, “Enjoy your heels, and the boots do look great.”

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Enjoy the discovery. And since you live in NY, NYC can't be far away and that is probably the best place to heel around. You'll have to try very hard there to get noticed. We tested with Kneehighs when we met in NYC 6 weeks ago or so :evil: regards

What's all the fuss about?

Welcome as well. As Thighbootguy said, enjoy them and develop your unique style at your pace (don't feel rushed by people here, but also don't allow your fears to stop you either). A few years ago I was on a project that required I stay in a hotel during the week. When I finally decided to start "street" heeling I got some block heeled boots and wore them around the hotel, walked around the outside of the hotel a bit, and even a few times drove up the street to get gas or a coffee/soda at the local convience store. Of couse I didn't wear stilletos, but it still got me over the nervousness of wearing "heels" in public. As of now I have developed into wearing wedge heels, but EVERYWHERE on a DAILY basis (yes, even work). On a final note, as Ben pointed out, don't hide things too long from the Mrs. Somehow, someday you are likely to get caught and it won't be pretty. The heels will be the least of your concerns at that time. The "what else are you hiding from me" and the "why will I ever trust a thing you ever tell me again" will. Once trust is broken, it is EXTREMELY hard to ever repair it. Anyway, best of luck and feel free to ask questions/advice/or even share your adventures! Scotty

Well... my 2nd day was better than my first. My calves are sore, but today after donning my boots, I was able to walk (oddly enough) as if I were wearing a new pair of sneekers that are just being broken in. I have a good stride on carpet, wood and tile, but after 10 or 15 minutes of practicing, I have to sit down. I decided to slow it down a bit and just ordered a pair of 4" boots. Hopefully they'll better prepare my for my 5" boots and the other pair that I just ordered - 6" boots. I know, I know -- I'm going about this all wrong - small first then build up. I am the type of person that wants almost instant satisfaction and gratification. Since I only get a couple of hours a day to wear and practice, I want to experience the incredible feeling of wearing them -- walking will improve over time. I've got what I think to be good balance in the 5" boots and was actually "strutting" this afternoon. I'll be careful not to snap my ankles in half. Just think - if I do break one, the cast will by design shorten my achiles because of the pointed angle of the foot. No, I don't want to break my ankles. :evil: Anyway... thanks to all for the supportive comments. I have already been trying to figure out a way to ease my wife into the idea. All in due time I guess. Happy Heeling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JL -

To quote my 101 year old aunt, “Quality work takes time.”

Be very careful with the 6” heels. Don’t expect to be able to stand without bending your knees. If your lucky, you won’t fall over. (Been there, done all those things). You may be able to work your way up to the 6”ers but don’t push it too fast. There are a couple of guys and gals on this board that can wear them but for most of us, 5” is about the limit.

Although no one that talks to me really believes me when I say that my 5” heels are comfortable, they really are. 5 ½” or higher are not comfortable for me. My point is that wearing heels should not be an uncomfortable experience either physically or socially.

Wear the 4”ers a lot and the 5”ers will feel fine. Soon the 4”ers will feel like flats.

Have fun and enjoy your heels.

Don't know if your able to do this or not because of the wife not knowing situaton, but for a time there I was able to sleep in 7" boots and the next morning when I took them off and put my 5" heels on, they felt like nothing. If your able to sit for a while, maybe you can wear the 6" for a few hours while sitting then slip into the 5" and you might find they feel alot easier to walk in. Scotty

Don't know if your able to do this or not because of the wife not knowing situaton, but for a time there I was able to sleep in 7" boots and the next morning when I took them off and put my 5" heels on, they felt like nothing. If your able to sit for a while, maybe you can wear the 6" for a few hours while sitting then slip into the 5" and you might find they feel alot easier to walk in.

It's funny you say that... I just found out that my wife will be away on business for a couple of nights next week. I plan on sleeping in the 6" boots as well as spending as much time in them as possible during the days (I'll be calling in sick to work I think). Good thing is that I am a couch potato with a laptop I guess!!

If all goes well, I should have my new pairs of boots on Wednesday. The anticipation of getting home from work will probably be an even bigger distraction for me than the day my 5" boots were delivered at home. *sigh*

I concur with the comments of my board mates - take it easy! One summer I worked up to 5" heels, then something happened in one ankle and something else under the ball of the other foot. I was back down to 3" clogs in no time, and couldn't wear 4" heels without discomfort for the better part of six months! Before you start heeling with your wife on a "business trip," consider ensuring she call you when she gets there then check the phone number on caller ID to ensure she really did. Better yet, instead of sneaking around behind her back, just share with her your desire to wear heels. Take the time to examine yourself and discover where it really comes from. Consider introducing her to this board - it's helped several GF's and wive's realize, "oh, my BF/husband is one in a billion in his desire to wear heels - lots of men do." Of course we do, and those of us here on HHmeeting place are probably less than 1/10th of 1% (that's 1 in a 1,000) of those that do. Given our numbers (about sixty quite active), that's 60,000 of us, with about 20 to 1 lurking for a total of 1.2 Million, or about 1 of 2,000 of the Western population. Considering the fact that only one in ten men who wear heels on a regular basis actually wears them outside on a regular basis, we can safely say that 1 in 200 men wear heels regularly. It's a rough wag, but I think it's pretty close, as it roughly matches with other estimates put forth here and elsewhere. No small beans at all, but definately spread out throughout the US, UK, AU, DE, and other countries (sorry if I didn't include everyone). The principle ingredient women love in a marriage is honesty. If you hide it and she finds out later, you'll have a LOT of ground to recover later in the trust department, and she'll always be suspicious. But if you broach the subject first, in a non-threatening way, particularly if you tell her you trust her with your heart, and wanted to be sure you never held anything back, that'll go a long way. Be prepared for an ultimatim, however, as not all women can adjust to the idea. I gave up wearing heels for my wife, but it wasn't enough, as I'd been out once too many times without her, and she never recovered from her suspicious (groundless, but no one can change a woman's mind!). By the way, I went to a friend's 40th Birthday party last Friday, and one of the guys in the room who'd I'd met a couple of times was wearing a pair of women's low to mid-heeled sandals. They had wide straps, so I doubt if many noticed they were women's shoes, but the heels were at least 2-1/2 tapered heels. Long jeans, so I only saw them when he was reaching up in the cupboard for another glass, and again later when he was sitting on the couch. I don't think he noticed my 3" block-heeled boots (few people ever do).

:evil::D:D Well... my new 4" and 6" boots arrived today. I screwed up!!! When I ordered my first pair, I figured I would play it safe and get them one size larger - I wear a 13 Wide in Men's shoes. I got the boots in a 16 woman's thinking that because of the tapered toe, I would need the added length for more width. When they showed up, they were a bit on the big size. Since they're boots, I put on a pair of thickish socks and they fit like a dream. I'm even able to strut in them (in the privacy of my own home). I ordered the new pairs of boots and figured that since the 16s were too big, I ordered them in size 15. Since they're the same brand (Pleaser) I assumed (I know - that was the problem) that the fit would be the same. Whoopsie. They showed up today and though I was able to wear them, they were tight - too tight. I tried with a pair of stockings and still not a chance. The 4" heels were almost tolerable for 5 minutes and I was able to walk around the house as if I were wearing my boat shoes (Timberlands) heel wise at least. The pain just got too strong after that. Off they came. The 6" heels, which I really REALLY REALLY wanted to fit and wear were just way too tight. I got them on and laced up but the pain was just way too intense. I stood up but sat right back down and couldn't get them off fast enough. In a fit (not pun intended) of frustration and depression, I e-mailed the guy from FunkyShoes and explained the problem to him. Since my wife is leaving on a trip for a few days starting Sunday, I really wanted to have these heels for the weekend and the time that she's gone. He 'hooked' me up and is sending the replacements in the right size (16) for me to have on Friday. I, of course, have to pay the 2-day shipping, but it's going to be worth it. This is going to be my last heel purchase for a while. Gotta learn to walk in them first (taking all of your advice). I'll start with the 4" for a few hours, then up to the 5" until bed, then the 6" for the overnight. We'll see how it all goes after that. The 4" heels are more than OK for me without a problem (outside of the too-small boots). Once I get the new boots on my feet, you know I'll post pictures!!! Thanks again for all of your support and advice. Jeff.