Other men in high heels

larry

Do you enjoy seeing men wearing stilettos? ...I do, Espesially with nylons. Its something I can relate to in a non sexual harmless way. It's kind of like an understanding like a brotherhood or sharing of the things that only a few of us can realate to.

Love those heels!

Actually, no. As a heterosexual male, I'm turned off by seeing other men in heels, even though I feel quite comfortable in heels myself. I remain turned on by seeing women in heels, provided they're not FMPs.

I enjoy it in that "brotherhood" way. It's always refreshing to see other guys that enjoy wearing high heels, regardless of which gender or lifestyle they are portraying. High heels (and women's shoes in general) are much more fun than men's shoes are, so I can appreciate anyone - and especially guys - who partake in the fun.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

I like to see guys in stilettos because it helps validate what I do. It's nothing sexual just a kind of affirmation.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Hello, I've just discovered this forum and this is my first post. I've only fairly recently begun wearing heels, and modest ones at that. I guess it came about as a consequence of enjoying wearing skirts, and the one seem to follow naturally and aesthetically from the other. I haven't tried really high heels yet, still getting used to 2 inch block heels, but it does feel very comfortable. I've no doubt I shall progress further along this route and try point heels, etc. I love the way I feel in heels, however low, and I certainly find myself looking more closely at women in their heels, and their skirts. More often with envy than titilation though..... so what does that tell you...... I struggle to find shoes that will fit me, having UK 10 feet. There seems to be much more of a choice available in the US, especially online. I've been experimenting with regular court shoes, but heel slippage seems to be a problem, I guess it's all down to the right fit, as men we always told to go for loose fitting shoes, allowing for socks (Ugh!), whereas this doesn't seem to be the case with women. Sorry if this is all yesterday's news to most of you, I have a long way to go and a lot to learn. Nice to be here, Tosca

Still rainin' still dreamin'

Hello,

I've just discovered this forum and this is my first post.

I've only fairly recently begun wearing heels, and modest ones at that. I guess it came about as a consequence of enjoying wearing skirts, and the one seem to follow naturally and aesthetically from the other.

I haven't tried really high heels yet, still getting used to 2 inch block heels, but it does feel very comfortable. I've no doubt I shall progress further along this route and try point heels, etc.

I love the way I feel in heels, however low, and I certainly find myself looking more closely at women in their heels, and their skirts. More often with envy than titilation though..... so what does that tell you......

I struggle to find shoes that will fit me, having UK 10 feet. There seems to be much more of a choice available in the US, especially online.

I've been experimenting with regular court shoes, but heel slippage seems to be a problem, I guess it's all down to the right fit, as men we always told to go for loose fitting shoes, allowing for socks (Ugh!), whereas this doesn't seem to be the case with women. Sorry if this is all yesterday's news to most of you, I have a long way to go and a lot to learn.

Nice to be here,

Tosca

Hi and welcome, No it is not old news to us, a lot of us have been there and understand. If you are a size 10 and dont want the highest heels, pop into an Evans, they have some cheap ones at the moment, they are pretty freindly too.

best of luck, and tell us a bit more when you have time to come back here.

Nigel.

The angels have the phonebox.

HI, Interesting question! I wouldn't phrase it as a turn on; I'm a completely straight guy. Some women in heels turn me off because they wear ugly shoes, have a terrible sense of fashion, or the look is just not right. For me when either sex wears heels, or any particular item of clothing, it needs to look appropriate. I think heels, skirts, or other clothing items look fine on either sex. For instance I am TOTALLY turned off seeing either sex wearing hose on unshaved legs. I don't think bad fashion sense is intrinsic only to men. I have a good friend that is really open about suggesting what things that look good on me. Personally when people, men or women, try to look like someone who they are not, that's unattractive. I think what ever you want to wear, heels, hose, skirts, makeup, hair, and what ever else; strive to make it look good. I think doing otherwise gives people the sense of a "freak show". I appreciate BOTH men and women who take an effort to look good in what ever they choose to wear, heel included. Len

To the original question -- "Do you enjoy seeing men in stilettos?" For me, I don't know. I have yet to see one in real life. The only MIH I have seen are in pictures, here. My reaction is more of the "brotherhood" thing mentioned above. It's not so much "Holy Smokes! He's wearing heels!" as "Cool -- He's wearing heels." Women are a different situation entirely -- a pair of heels enhances the feminine sway and makes a lovely lady that much more so. Personally, I think stilettos look out-of-place on a man. Some guys can make it work but I think that is rare. My personal preference for a man's heel is more the block style. In fact, I think most block (or "chunky") heels are too "clompy" for women. But that is just my own preference.

Have a happy time!

Look at the pictures of Crushinboots under Thighboots. Quite nice looking in stiletto boots. Or the pictures on the board of W6ish or Micha. I have to admit that the slim figures help a lot, and I don't have much of one.

Here's an old picture I ran across years ago.

Posted Image

dr1819 Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:22 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually, no. As a heterosexual male, I'm turned off by seeing other men in heels, even though I feel quite comfortable in heels myself. I remain turned on by seeing women in heels

I agree 100% there I have more fun trying to throw my July '75 Datsun 120Y into a corner than trying to prove that guys in leatherlook 7" stripper platform mules is the latest look!

provided they're not FMPs

that I don't get as seeing a woman wearing "ANY" heels is a blessing here!

later,

TXT-1

Some friends drug me to a club. I felt out of place because of my age (most of the people were in their late teens, early twenties). But about half were dressed in alternative fashions ranging from punk to goth to glitter to pretty much everything goes. I saw two guys in full-length skirts. They looked like Menintime skirts. I also saw three guys wearing heels, all conservative styles. The place was huge, so statistically speaking, there were probably half a dozen or so guys wearing heels. I don't know if it's a local thing or what. I remember attending a cowboy bar in a small town in Illinois once, and just about every guy in the place was wearing earrings, either small hoops or diamond studs. So, to answer the question, it felt kind of weird to see other guys wearing heels. I was wearing a conservative pair of heeled boots myself, and at least one of the guys spotted me and gave me a grin and a thumbs up, so it's at least nice to be appreciated for simply being who I am!

Do you enjoy seeing men wearing stilettos? ...I do, Espesially with nylons. Its something I can relate to in a non sexual harmless way. It's kind of like an understanding like a brotherhood or sharing of the things that only a few of us can realate to.

For me, like Danielle said, it's more of a brotherhood issue and acceptance. Seeing more men wear heels probably means they are comfortable and society maybe getting more comfortable with it.

dr1819

I agree with you in part. Seeing men in heels and hose etc. does nothing for me. Though, and I think this is where we have different tastes, I believe a women in heels “FMP’ or not is always, always great.

Hello,

I've just discovered this forum and this is my first post.

I've only fairly recently begun wearing heels, and modest ones at that. I guess it came about as a consequence of enjoying wearing skirts, and the one seem to follow naturally and aesthetically from the other.

I haven't tried really high heels yet, still getting used to 2 inch block heels, but it does feel very comfortable. I've no doubt I shall progress further along this route and try point heels, etc.

I love the way I feel in heels, however low, and I certainly find myself looking more closely at women in their heels, and their skirts. More often with envy than titilation though..... so what does that tell you......

I struggle to find shoes that will fit me, having UK 10 feet. There seems to be much more of a choice available in the US, especially online.

I've been experimenting with regular court shoes, but heel slippage seems to be a problem, I guess it's all down to the right fit, as men we always told to go for loose fitting shoes, allowing for socks (Ugh!), whereas this doesn't seem to be the case with women. Sorry if this is all yesterday's news to most of you, I have a long way to go and a lot to learn.

Nice to be here,

Tosca

Welcome Tosca. Yer in the right place to meet people who share yer interests. We hope to hear more from you.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Absolutely YES, in a totally heterosexual and non-erotic way. It means that there are more people like me in the world and accelerates the advancement of acceptance.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I agree with you in part. Seeing men in heels and hose etc. does nothing for me. Though, and I think this is where we have different tastes, I believe a women in heels “FMP’ or not is always, always great.

Definately!

Kneehighs pretty much summed up my feelings on seeing other men in heels, I like it in a non-erotic way because I always like to see the shoes and it's good to know that there are other guys out there with the same interests as me. Seeing a woman in heels however? That's a whole different ball game! :roll: Chris

Kneehighs pretty much summed up my feelings on seeing other men in heels, I like it in a non-erotic way because I always like to see the shoes and it's good to know that there are other guys out there with the same interests as me.

Seeing a woman in heels however? That's a whole different ball game! :roll:

Chris

This pretty much sums up my opinion too. Wouldn't it be terrible though if a whole slew of guys started wearing them. I couldn't stand out from the crown so easily anymore. Fortunately current shoe sizing would prevent a great majority of men from wearing them nowadays.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

This pretty much sums up my opinion too. Wouldn't it be terrible though if a whole slew of guys started wearing them. I couldn't stand out from the crown so easily anymore. Fortunately current shoe sizing would prevent a great majority of men from wearing them nowadays.

I'm not so sure. Two years ago I compared the number of size 13 high heels (2-3/4" and up) with the number of size 8 high heels. Results: 0.8% Today it's nearly three times higher: 2.1%.

Raw numbers:

2004 2006

13 36 275

8 4532 13355

Percent 0.007943513 0.020591539

Since the majority of men wear a women's size 13 or smaller, there are just over 4,000 distinct styles and colors that will fit a men with feet (men's sizes) of 9 through 11 (the vast majority of men).

There's a wide selection available, and getting wider as it's a slight buzz in the fashion industry about making more heels available in sizes 11, 12, and 13, as demand in these sizes has more than tripled compared to size 8 in the last 15 years. Regardless, I don't see it becoming a hot fashion trend among men, unless the industry creates and markets more masculine styles such as the Harley Davidson boots, which only began appearing in size 11 about a year ago.

Wouldn't this look nice under a pair of jeans or slacks?

Posted Image

I'm not so sure. Two years ago I compared the number of size 13 high heels (2-3/4" and up) with the number of size 8 high heels. Results: 0.8% Today it's nearly three times higher: 2.1%.

Raw numbers:

2004 2006

13 36 275

8 4532 13355

Percent 0.007943513 0.020591539

Since the majority of men wear a women's size 13 or smaller, there are just over 4,000 distinct styles and colors that will fit a men with feet (men's sizes) of 9 through 11 (the vast majority of men).

There's a wide selection available, and getting wider as it's a slight buzz in the fashion industry about making more heels available in sizes 11, 12, and 13, as demand in these sizes has more than tripled compared to size 8 in the last 15 years. Regardless, I don't see it becoming a hot fashion trend among men, unless the industry creates and markets more masculine styles such as the Harley Davidson boots, which only began appearing in size 11 about a year ago.

Wouldn't this look nice under a pair of jeans or slacks?

Posted Image

Unfortunately most men are a mens medium width (or greater) or womens wide width (or greater) and most womens high heels are a womens medium width or mens narrow. For most men wearing a women's shoe is a compromise as it can't fit properly in both width and length (hence requiring a larger than usual size to accomodate a wider width). I have a mens narrow foot which makes it difficult to find mens footwear that fits properly in both length and width. In womens footwear however, proper fit is a snap. This fact alone will probably keep most men in men's footwear for day to day activities regardless of what they want to wear.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I talk to many women who complain that women's shoes are too narrow for them, but the shoe manufacturers aren't listening. They will keep going as long as people keep buying.

My homble apinion about it is... As shoes not some sex upject for me, then if i see otter men ind all type of womans shoes. then i think it´s greet and i helujaaaa more of open minde pepoels! more men ho are sig and tried of Mens boring shoes!

((( Frist i am not good to spell )))

..........(((( Sorry for that ))))........

.......................(",).......................

http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n161/FreeMannWorld/