sweaty feet in pleather?

hi there! just wanted to tell you all (or ask might be the right way) about any & all of you in here that have those "fake leather" or known as pleather boots, if you have a problem wearing them in the summer now as I have before in past summers, due to the fact that they do not breathe like real leather does! :x I have my black demonias (hence my name) but it has been way too hot out here in CA to even THINK about wearing them, temps being in the upper 80s-low 90s! (I also have some platform loafers made of pleather as well)

P leather is the very worst for sweaty feet which is why I try to avoid wearing it. Of the few pairs I do have I wear them no more than a few hours per week.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I usually wear a medium weight cotton sock with my PVC ankle boots in the summer just fine. Avoid synthetics. The whole point is to have the sock wick the moisture away from your feet. Also the sock should be as high or higher then the boot shaft to get the moisture out of the boot.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

My policy is, during the summer no pants no high heel boots. Any other time no problems or I wear a pair of leather boots on the few times during the summer that I might wear pants.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

demoniaplatforms my experience is that during summer wear leather boots and during winter wear pleather boots, problem solved simple. later nhoj62

the higher the boot, the higher the heel, the better the feeling!

i can agree with you on that one chris there are some great shoes and boots out there but they would be so much better in leather. later nhoj62

the higher the boot, the higher the heel, the better the feeling!

great advice guys! :roll: I sort of knew anyways, but just wanted your take on this as well- I do have a pair of NINE WEST knee highs that I bought a few years ago, they are real leather & very nice ones @ that :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing but real leather for me, thank you. Worn with cotton socks, real leather is extremely comfortable, warm in the winter, not uncomfortable in the summer, and generally all-around good. The only thing I don't like is that you have to buy your shoes snug (but not tight). Otherwise, they stretch out too much and become loose and floppy. This is also one of the reasons I would love to find a pair of non-platform, round-toed lace-up leather boots with a 3-1/2 heel. I've found literally thousands of styles on the net, but they either have pointed toes, are made of synthetics, have too high of a heel, a platform, in the wrong size, or aren't lace-ups! Why can't the manufacturers get it right?

hi there! just wanted to tell you all (or ask might be the right way) about any & all of you in here that have those "fake leather" or known as pleather boots, if you have a problem wearing them in the summer now as I have before in past summers, due to the fact that they do not breathe like real leather does! :x I have my black demonias (hence my name) but it has been way too hot out here in CA to even THINK about wearing them, temps being in the upper 80s-low 90s! (I also have some platform loafers made of pleather as well)

I like some of the styles that are made with pleather but you're correct, they are just to hot and sweaty. The material just doesn't "breath" at all.

I just wouldn't wear boots in the summer. It's akin to kicking snow in flip-flops...

Hi Danielle, thats exactly my opinion!

There's time enough in the year to wear my beloved boots. But not in the mid of july at tropical temperatures. At the moment I'm preferring sandalettes or clogs. PVC or rubber in the summer is only a pleasure for stubborn sweat fetishists! PU (polyurethane) might work but it's always depending on the processing of the material.

Dear boots, goodbye for this and the next month! I'll welcome you again in late september. And you should be true leather boots :roll:

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Sweaty feet -- exactly the reason "pleather" and the other synthetic materials are so heartily panned in other threads. It's OK for a cheap pair of shoes but real leather smells so much better, feels so much better because it breathes and conforms to your own unique shape much better than the synthetics.

Have a happy time!