Boots and Skirts in Public

Thighbootguy

I went out to some of my favorite haunts this afternoon wearing a gray T-shirt, a denim skort, and my black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. Casual top and outrageous bottom.

The first stop was the museum. One lady at the front desk did a double take but she had never seen me before. The stool were missing this week so I resolved to work from the benches in the galleries. This is just a s well because the benches are a little higher than the stools and I took JeffB’s advice and sat cross legged, which is impossible on a short stool. The guards chatted with me and made no mention of my different attire.

As I was sketching, one of the employees, a very attractive young lady, (not a guard or a volunteer) came through and said, “Hi, I know you’re here all the time and would like to invite you to a ribbon cutting ceremony we are having for a new exhibit.” I declined but thought it amazing that a guy in a skirt and thigh boots would be invited to anything. I worked for a little over an hour then headed to the Krohn Conservatory.

I had never been to Krohn wearing my boots and this week there was a small crowd so I parked in back, grabbed my drawing stuff and headed in. I found a bench and started sketching a plant. No one seemed to be bothered by a guy in heeled boots. I walked through the Conservatory and had a grand time.

Next, I headed to mu favorite http://www.villagediscount.com/'>thrift emporium (the one in Newport). I found a pair of light tan leather suede slacks for $8. After that I stopped in the St.Vincent DePaul thrift store.

The outing was uneventful but very enjoyable.

I have the confidence to wear just about anything that I want but when I’m wearing my boots, it changes the expectations of everyone who sees me. Rather than being seen as a guy wearing women’s stuff, the thigh boots change the image to guy in outrageous boots who is also wearing other women’s stuff. The boots are such a strong statement that everything else pales in significant. I know this isn’t a formula for everyone, but it works for me.

:smile:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

The first stop was the museum. One lady at the front desk did a double take but she had never seen me before. The stool were missing this week so I resolved to work from the benches in the galleries. This is just a s well because the benches are a little higher than the stools and I took JeffB’s advice and sat cross legged, which is impossible on a short stool. The guards chatted with me and made no mention of my different attire.

I'm glad you've followed my advice.

As I was sketching, one of the employees, a very attractive young lady, (not a guard or a volunteer) came through and said, “Hi, I know you’re here all the time and would like to invite you to a ribbon cutting ceremony we are having for a new exhibit.” I declined but thought it amazing that a guy in a skirt and thigh boots would be invited to anything. I worked for a little over an hour then headed to the Krohn Conservatory.

Aww! You should've accepted the offer. Sounds like it would've been cool. :smile:

I have the confidence to wear just about anything that I want but when I’m wearing my boots, it changes the expectations of everyone who sees me. Rather than being seen as a guy wearing women’s stuff, the thigh boots change the image to guy in outrageous boots who is also wearing other women’s stuff. The boots are such a strong statement that everything else pales in significant. I know this isn’t a formula for everyone, but it works for me.

Hmm. An interesting dynamic. Hard to believe you rarely raise any eyebrows despite the outrageous quotent of those boots you wear. But perhaps the outrageousness is what helps you succeed in your outings. In any event, more power to you!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Tighbootguy Well done! Wow! As you said, "A casual top and outrageous bottom". Perhap not the way to be dressed for a professional out but yes perhaps for a casual one. Perhaps you should have accept th young lady´s invitation going to the "ribbon cutting" cermony. Might have been fun. Anyway you did great and I bet it was a bit easier sitting on the little hinger benches.

• 2 weeks later...

I stopped at Sam’s and PetsMart tonight after work wearing a white dress shirt, a black suede short skirt and black leather thigh boots with 5"”stilettos. Again, it’s hard to mess up basic black and white. In PetsMart I didn’t recognize any of the clerks who are high school to college age nor the manager. I walked from my car across the parking lot and into the store with all the confidence in the world. In the store I asked for a case of cat food which the clerk had to go into the stock room to see if it was available. It wasn’t so I went back the shelf area and helped her bag 24 cans. The manager awarded me a PetsMart canvas bag for buying a full case quantity. No one seemed put off by a guy in a skirt and thigh boots (they didn’t seem thrilled, but they weren’t put off), at least I was a paying customer. Sam’s was a non event. I went in and wandered around getting my stuff. No one seemed to be bothered by my appearance. I was in one checkout line and one of the clerks motioned to me and said she was opening a register. I headed over to her register and we chatted a bit without any mention of my boots or skirt. We bid each other a good evening. I really felt more comfortable in my boots and short skirt than I did a few weeks ago in a long skirt and pumps (I went to the same PetsMart then). I really feel that wearing thigh boots gives me cover to wear anything else I want to wear. If your wearing something as outrageous as thigh boots with 5” heels, anything else your wearing seems normal in comparison. I understand that this isn’t for everyone, but it works for me. --- About the ribbon cutting ceremony that I passed on... This is a Public Relations stunt by the museum that is covered by photographers for the museum and the photographs are used in their publications. The last thing I (or the museum) wanted is to have a guy in thighboots and a skirt in their publications. :smile::thumbsup:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

:smile: I have just come back from a really fun boot outing. I went out wearing a black sleeveless turtleneck, tan hose, a black suede short skirt, and my black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. My plan was to go to the Museum but I have never been their in a short skirt so I thought I would stop at my local thrift emporium to see if they had anything more suitable. I walked in and turned a few heads but headed for the skirt racks. I found a denim that was knee length that would look Ok but then I spotted a white wrap around that looked like it would fit. I figured you cant mess up black and white. I was looking in another isle and a lady said, “I like those thigh highs.” “Well thank you very much”. I shopped a bit more then went back and said, “Most people don’t know what their called.” She laughed. “Can I ask your opinion? What would you wear with them?” She didn’t even hesitate and said, “A mini skirt.” I brushed my hand down the side of the skirt I was wearing and she said, “Yeah like that.” She then recommended I look through the Freddrick’s site for ideas. I thanked her and continued shopping. A few minutes later a lady said, “Excuse me but where did you find those boots? I’ve been looking for a long time and haven’t found them.” I told her about a couple of web sites and brands to look for (I really should start working for them on commission ) and she thanked me for the information. When I walked by the shoe rack I spotted a pair of boots that looked like they might fit. (After a while you can spot a large pair by just glancing at a rack.) They were a size 12W brown leather suede knee high boots with a blade heel and a long squared off toe. I didn’t try them on because I trusted my eye. There was a long line at the checkout so I wound up standing line with people that didn’t want to talk to a guy in boots. Total bill for the boots and skirt, $3. When I got to the car I changes into the white skirt which turned out to be a wrap around skort. I walked into a Payless that was in the same strip mall just to see my reflection in the window and I really liked the look. I liked it much better than I thought I would. I would up going to Kron conservatory to sketch some of the plants. I tool my time and walked throughout the whole series of buildings. I got a couple of looks but just as many smiles. I finally headed for a Bigg’s grocery and did a bit of shopping. At the checkout the girl running the register wasn’t too sure about her new customer. I complemented her hair style and joked that I wish I had enough hair to try it. That broke the ice and we chatted while she rang up my stuff. When I got back to the car, I tried on the brown suede boots and OMG they fit like a glove. I’ll wear these boots under my slacks at work. :thumbsup:

post-928-133522867727_thumb.jpg

Hi Thighbootguy, Its us, its we two. Me and my fiance. We just wants to say, you just did great, honey. My fiance, -Yes Thighbootguy, you did great. You did great, luv. We see you have a cat. That´s nice. we too have a cat. You´re so right, its hard to mess up basic black and white. We´re both very pleased to hear you´re feeling very comfortable in your boots and your short skirt. Its good for you, honey. Go for it! My fiance, -See you went to your local thrift emporium, looking for something more suitable. Oh that´s great, luv! Me too, I have done a bit of shoping to. I bet you must have realy enhoying this little chat you had with the lady. I deffinetly would have. Yes its reale realy nice talking to other women about this. I have done a bit of that my self, together with the ladies at my office. I have beginning to enjoy talking about these things to my girlfreind, to my fiance. I love it but talking about this to othe women, its gives it all an other meaning. I understand you love and I understand Thighbootguy too. Yes feeling the same too starting dressing as a woman. You did fantastic at the grocery store. Giving the girl running the register a complement to her hair style was a very goo idea. There you see, yes things like this, little things like this can certainly broke the ice. My fiance, -I see you coulden´t wait trying your new skirt on. Change in to it in your car. Hi, hi, that´s cool, luv, that´s great. You know me too, I have done a bit of shoping too. It was just great! Me and my girlfreind, my fiance was going out Saturday night. Me wanted to look hot. I was feeling for going out in skirt and boots. Yes my boyfreind, my fiance has been talking about this for some time, so we both think Saturday was a good way to start his skirt wearings. My fiance, -Wow, its was great, feeling so good about it. Me I had been out shoping Friday after work together with my girlfreind, IT WAS JUST GREAT! I had bought a black, (yes Thingbootguy, me too I like black and white) knee long straight A-line skirt (with a little slits at the back). It fitted me very well. Yes love, it realy did. You looking very sexy in your new skirt. My fiance, -Thank´s love. I feeling very sexy wearing it too! Wearing my new skirt with black sheer hose (wearing this thight skirt, panties is a must), my skirt falls better, snugs better to my body, me wearing panties under my hose and my skirt. Matching my skirt with a white rounded neck top with long sleeves (this top is rather tight), a black/white scarves and a black blazer jacket. Yes love, you´re looking very hot, I must say. My fiance, -So did you. As for shoes. Well the heels. I don´t have so many of them yet. Coulden´t be in my camel coloured pumps. No I coulden´t, wrong colour. My boot, my cowboy boots then? No, wrong colour too and you I wanted to feeling a bit daring, a bit sexy. So I bought me a pair of black knee high 5 inch stiletto boots, very slim, very narrow, very toe pointy too. They looking great on, I felt great too being in my new boots and my new skirt. My outfit matching my fiances outfit very well to. She went for a red outfit. Yes I did. Me I was dressed in a red slim tight short dress with a low scooped rounded neck and three quater long sleeves. Sheer nude hose and my 5,5 inch red stileto pumps. My fiance, -You looking very sexy, very hot. Hi, hi, we´re matching each other. Me in black, you in red. We was in for a realy fun hot night together. With a bit of dancing too, I hope. Hope I can make the night in my new boots. I´m sure you can love, I´m sure of it. More to come.

Thighbootguy Me and my boyfreind wants to tell you, your new boots looking very good. Did you wore them to work yesterday. I´m wondering and so do my boyfreind. My fiance, -Hope you had the chance wearing your new boots to work yesterdsay. They´re looking real cool. Me too, I was wearing m 5 inch knee high boots yesterday. They bacame a bit warm to have under my grey slacks, (yes they´re ladies slacks) and my hose. Yes I know. I should been waering a skirt. Its looks better and its feels better too when wearing knee high boots but I guess it has to wait just a bit more until I´m ready for a skirt to work. Oh honey, you´re doing fine, I bet you can wear a skirt to work when you feeling ready for this. My fiance, -Thank´s love, guess you´re right. Me you know Thighbootguy, I was sneaking out during the morning yesterday, looking for a pair of heels, a pair of pump. This was the first time I had been out on my own, with out you my love, my girlfreind. As much as I love going shoping with my girlfreind it was cool being out on my own too. Went to the shoe shop were we both use to go. Found this super looking little pump, its a STAR LING "MISO" PUMP, ruby patent, with sky-high wrapped 4 1/2 inch heel. What made me bought them was, they matching my ruby shirt, my light grey bit-of-a-flared lacks and my blazer jacket so well. My hose matching my new heels very well too, I think, sheer black hose. Feeling very good, me walking back to the office in my new heels and my boots in a carry-away-bag. I was a bit suprised at our lunch together, my boyfreind coming tottering in his new heels. I can assure you though, I can assure you love, you looking very very hot in those pump. My fiance, -Thank´s love, you too looking so good too. We both lokking good, I hope. We was both in high heel pumps. You in your navy blue 5 inches and me in my new 4 1/2 inches. My new pump was hidden a bit under my flared slack, ofcourse my pumps, my heels, my hose was vissibly when walking and sitting, well that´s ok I have noting to hide or feel ashamed about. The cool thing, the girls at the office noticed as soon me entering the office, "you´re in new heels, hon". Yes its nice they do. We beggining to talk about heels and things. Yes Thighbootguy "the ice is finelly broken".

My boyfreind´s very exited today, he wants to tell you something. My boyfreind, -I´m wearing my new black straight A-line knee long skirt to office for the first time. Told them about my plans yesterday. The guys didn´t seemed to care one bit aboout it. The girls though sounded very interested seeing me in a skirt. They coulden´t wait to see me, they said. Perhaps love I should be feeling a bit jealous on you. I´m sure the girls would think you´re looking sexy love. I know I don´t need to be jealous on you, I know you´re my guy. My boyfreind, -Yes love, I´m yours for ever. Yes I feel exited about being in my skirt for the first time to office. I feel very exited and very ver good about it too. My outfit then, Its my new black skirt, an orange rounded neck T-shirt with long sleves, a black/white scarves wrapped around my neck and a black blazer jacket. My hose and my panties, my hose are black sheer ones, and my panties are white. Matching this outfit with my black knee high 5 inch stilleto boots, my new bought handbag, ofcourse wearing a skirt I can´t be without my handbag and besides its looks cool too. I´m wearing black leather gloves too. Your looking real sexy honey, bet you´re going to be a real sex bomb amongst the ladies. My boyfreind, -Hope you´re right love. Yes its feels good, its feels good we´re two are dressed up pritty much the same. Its cool, love!

My boyfreind just gave me a call to let me know how his day has went on so far, wearing a skirt for the first time. My boyfreind, -So far it has went very very well. Its just great being out in my skirt. The guys, my co-workers, well they haven´t said anything to me about me wearing a skirt but yes they made very big eyes. They talk to me as nothing has been chaging but I have been seen they had been doing a bit of talking amongst them self. Geuss its about me and my skirt. Well can´t do much about it, can I? No love you can´t. My boyfreind, -The girls though. Ofcourse they made big eyes too but it was different. It was much of you know, "Oh My God" things like that. Things like, my bottom looked sexy, he, he and I was looking very good in my new skirt. It was a good feeling. It was cool, it was nice hearing them saying this.

I stopped at Sam’s after work to pick up a few items. I wore a long sleeved white shirt, black leather knee boots with a 2” block heel, and an ankle length black leather skirt. Simple black and white. The boots are the ones I wore under my slack at work. The skirt is a new purchase which was a size 10, which is way too small, so I added a couple inches of black leather to the waist band and put a little elastic in it so the skirt fit very nicely. It is very straight line with long slit up the back that has snaps that allow the slit to be closed all the way down to the hem. I had all the snaps closed. The skirt is not a hobble skirt but with the slit closed it did restrict my stride. This is probably good training for me because several folks have commented that I have an unladylike stride when I walk in 5” heels and a short unrestrictive skirt or jeans. The shopping trip was uneventful until I was leaving the store. I knew the lady that was the checker at the exit and she wasn’t busy so I asked, “How does this look compared to the tall boots and short skirt?” “It looks good.” “Which is worse?” She thought a minute and said, “No you don’t understand. I have wide feet and I can’t find shoes like you wear and I keep thinking, how come he get to wear heels like that and I can’t.” We chatted about the availability of heels in larger sizes for a minute then bid each other a good evening. I had always thought this lady had treated me rather coolly but now I understand her a bit more and look forward to chatting with her again. :smile:

Thighbootguy I must say you did very well, as a matter of fact you did great. Black and white, yes black and white is always looking good. You did absolutely fantasic with your new skirt, adding the black leather band and the elastic in it. VERY GOOD! Your new skirt sounds looking great to me. A ankle long black lether skirt and knee high boots, yes it looks very good. You´re right, having the slit in your skirt closed probably restricted your stride. As you said this is a good training getting a ladylike stride. Good luck! What a nice little chat you had with lady that was the checker at the exit. You did great, starting talking to her even though you was thinking she treating you a bit coolly. There you see Thighbootguy, she tought you look good and she didn´t treated you coolly. Guess it must have felt realy good hearing her telling you so. It was cool she and you having your little talks about heels availabillity in larger size. A few of us have a big problem with this. Its good to hear, when you started talking to this lady she didn´t treat you coolly. I agree with you, I think she treated you very nicely and I agree with you, I think you both beginning to understand each others I hope Thighbootguy you and her will be chatting a lot in the future. GOOD LUCK Thighbootguy!

Had a real busy day yesterday with meeting all day, out having lunch with my colleagues, all guys. They treating me very well, I´m perceived as a woman as a lady. Its very nice, they´re all so cute. The guys holding up doors for me letting me sit down firts, pulling out my chair, things like that. After work the guys asked me if I wanted to go with them to a hockey match. I´m not very interested in this, I´ve never been but they keeping asking me, they wanted me to come, so I did. Arriving to the office, I parked the car (did the best I could), trottering over the big parking over to the office building. My 5 inch stiletto boots was making such a klicking sound as I try hurry from the car in to the building. Oh no, it started to rain. Had to take my umbrella, didn´t want to get my hair all wet. Was glad I had my long new coat as it was a bit cold and a bit windy as well. One of my colleageus ran over to me from his car. He had no umbrella, he was just in his suit so he wanted to come with me under my umbrella. He seeme glad to see me saying, "Good morning", we started to chatting. I let him hold the umbrella. It better, he´s much taller then me, even in high heels. I had hoped he would have seen my new coat but he didn´t. He didn´t said a word about it. Coming in to the office, saying "Good morning" to every one. The girl at the reception desk and our secritary notice my new coat immediatly. We had a bit of a chat over my new coat. Yes guys, sorry guys but we girls have much more fun it seemes. We have so many things to talk about. Had to prepare my self for the days meeting. Was a bit nervouse though. I always seemes to be that when I shall be up there talking. Yes I know, they´re my colleagues but I´m not feeling totaly comfortable doing this. I know I´m not a woman by birth but I have had this feeling since I desided to start living "en famme". I have this feeling, I must try to be better then the men in everything I do otherwise they don´t se me or lissten to what I have to say. Guess its hard for men to understand this and I know me to before I started living "en famme" so to speak, me to, guess I shoulden´t have understood it either. I think one has to live "en famme", as a woman as I do to experiance this. Yes its a men´s world out there. Its a bit them against me, I´m all alone there. My colleagues is treating me good but I can´t help I have this feeling. I know many of my female freinds feeling this way too. Guess this is the way to live "en famme". Before my meeting I went in to the ladies room, checking my hair, my make up (putting on a bit more lipstick), checking my outfit. Yes my black skirt suit, my me red low scooped top, my red scarves looked good. I´m much more corncerned about how I´m looking, is my hair good, is my make up looking good, am I wearing a good looking outfit, good looking heels. All this, if all this is right, then I´m feeling better. I´m feeling a bit more powerful standing up there in my skirt suit, in my high heel boots, knowing my hair looking good, my make up too and my outfit too. When living as a men thing like this wasn´t that very important. Ofcourse I wanted to look good. Guess every one does but now living "en famme" this has got a new meaning to me. Guess I´m thinking, feeling as any other woman about this. Yes I need a nice looking outfit, yes I need my high heels, they making me feel a bit more powerful. My meeting went well. They mostly do. I can´t understand why I have to feel a bit nervouse in for my meetings. Its a bit fun me walking around up there having my pressentation, doing a bit of standing, rocketing on my heels, changing weight from side to side and seeing the eyes of the guys infront of me. I can see, yes they seemes very interested in my high heel boots, my feet, my tight skirt. That´s good, this way I feel not only do they see me but I think I hope they are lissten to what I have to say too. The lunch was approching. Calling my boyfreind before we went to lunch. Before me and the guys went for lunch I needed go to the toilette and the ladies room too. Sorry guys if I kept you waiting. I have over heard some of the guys saying; "I´m always have to wait for my wife". He, he now they had to wait for me. Outside ofcourse it was still raining. As I said before I didn´t want to get my hair wet so I had to use the umbrella again. One of my colleagues asked me if he could go beside me, ofcourse he could but he got to hold the umbrella though. While I walked beside him. Being out walking together with four very fast walking guys wasn´t that easy for me. While they took one step I guess I took at least two. Me wearing this very tight A-line straight skirt and my 5 inch stiletto boots, fast walking wasn´t for me. I did the best I could, tottering, half running a few steps to keep up with them. I wanted to come inside as fast as possibly guess the guys wanted this too. As I said, did the best I could in my tight skirt and my mega pointed high heel boots. Didn´t say anything about. No way I woulden´t had said; "hey guys, pleace slow down a little, think a bit about me". No way. That would be a bit like saying I was a bit vaulnurable in my skirt, in my heels, yes as a woman and I didn´t want the guys to think this about me. More to come.

Here´s a bit more about me ut with the guys in boots and skirt. Coming to the resturant the guys holding up the door for me, helping me taking my coat off, pulling out my chair letting me sit down before them. Its very nice they do this things to me. I appriciated this very much. Sitting down having our lunch, I sat with my legs crossed. I´m sitting always like this weather I´m wearing a skrt, a dress or pants. The guys talked much about sport and cars, politics, economics, things guys are interested in. Me ever since I started living "en famme" I sort of feeling a bit of an outsider when the guys talking about things I don´t know anything about. Sports, I´m not iterested in this at all, I know nothing about it. The same with cars. Guess I´m a bit better on sports though. Cars, well I´m useless there, ask my boyfreind. I try though to talk with the guys about the finencal crisis, the bank crisis in the world. Don´t know weather I should be crying or laughing. Discussing this with the guys I sometimes got the feeling they try preaching for me talking in a patronizing way, like I didn´t understand. This is a thing I have to accept when me living "en famme". I have to accept this, men perceives me as a woman they perceive me the same way they do with other women. They always acting very caring, a bit fatherly too, like real gentleman but I sometimes get the impression when we are discussion certain things, men got something petronizing in there voice, how they speak. Its a bit like, "Oh my dear, you don´t have to bother your pretty head with this". Yes I don´t know weather to laugh or cry, weather if to get upset about it or pretend I don´t care about it. Guess its hard for guys to understand what I´m talking about but I´m sure a lot of the women and people like me living "en famme" knows what I´m talking about. I have deside not this kind of things letting me down so I don´t care so much about it, better having the guys their´s way. Anyway the guys starting talking about the hockey match they was going to see that evening, wondering if I wanted to come with them. As I told you I´m not one bit interested in sports. They know about it but they still wanted me to come. Told them I had much things to do at home but they kept on trying with; "Oh please luv, its more fun if we all go, if you come too", things like that. Well I gave up, ok I´ll come with you then. Back to the office, more work, more meetings. Me I changed in to my black patent 5 inch pump for the afternoon. I love my boots but my feet could have a bit of a rest from my toe pointy boots. The pump is the heel to have for this. I can very easily slip my heels off under the table during the meeting and the guys woulden´t know about it. I could be sitting there in my nylons resting my feet a bit. I knew I was going to need this because I would be in my high heel boots all evening. Before we left for the hockey match I called my boyfreind. I must say he wasn´t that pleased when he heard I wasn´t going to come home straight away. I managed persuade him I would hurry back home, then we having all night to us self. A quick visit to the ladies room, checking my make up. Then back to my room, changing back to my high heel boots. Feeling a bit "all watched", having four guys standing there looking at me as I tip toed in just my black sheer nylons from my chair at the table over to my boots standing behind the door. Feeling a bit stupid, I coulden´t put the whole feet flat to the ground, had to tiped toed to get my boots. Didn´t need to have done this because one of my colleagues offered him to fetch my boots for me. Oh this was sweet of him. I put them on, pulled up the zipper, standing up straightend up my skirt. On other guy handing me my coat, my cloves, helping me on with my coat. As I said I´m not at all interested in sport, in any sport. Though I have been to a hockey match before. The hockey stadium we have here, well its not build for us wearing high heels and a tight skirt. The stairs very step and there is nothing to hold on to. I had it a little difficult walking the stairs in my skirt and in my 5 inch stiletto heels. I was lucky though I had four guys theree with me all offering me a hand. I grabbing one of the guys arm. I needed him, had to accept this, I would have had it quite difficult walking up the stairs on my own. Up I quess I could have done it, down well I´m not so sure. Guess if I had to I should have manage it but having the guys with me I didn´t bother to try. Yes I was a bit valnurable trying doing the stairs on my own. It was good to have the guys there. Coulden´t had done it without them. After the match I got a lift back to the office, to my car. Then me driving straight home to my boyfreind.

I’ve had a couple of outings I haven’t posted so here it goes. On the war to work last week I had to stop by the city building and pay taxes. I was wearing tan slacks and a white long sleeved shirt and black leather knee boot with a 2” block heel. I wear the boots under my slacks at work but zipped them up over my slacks. I parked about a block away and walked over the ot city building. The building is a old (30s) remodeled department store and the remodeler constructed a long raised hallway with a plywood base and ceramic tile surface. This was a LOUD floor. When the heels of my boots touched the floor it echoed from one end to the other. Other then the noise the trip was a non event, I paid my taxes and walked back to my car. A couple of days later I stopped in Sam’s wearing the long black leather skirt and the same boots. Again, this was a non event but I did ask the register clerk, who’s advice I had asked before, if the long skirt was better than what I normally wore and she said she liked the look. This long skirt (it covers about half the shaft of the knee boots) has a slit up the back that has snaps that allow the slit to be closed. I had it closed to within 4” of the hem which restricts my stride. It’s been fun to learn to walk with that short of a stride and getting out of and into a car is interesting because I can’t do it one foot at a time, rather, I have to swing both feet in or out together. The snaps are a safety feature as well as a fashion highlight. If I have to take a longer step to catch my balance, the snaps pop open. That has only happened once but I was glad it did or I would have had the embarrassing moment (for which I would have given my consent) of picking myself up and probably messing up the soft leather skirt. :smile:

Hi all,

I thought I would add my story to the board. I have been going out more and more the last couple of years. Tonight is an example of my latest efforts. I went out in a short-but-not-mini denim skirt, black leggings and knee high boots. I went to a college town between 10 pm and midnight. Not too busy and long before the drunks started pouring out of the bars. I went into several convenience stores and bought a bottle of Coke. Each of the four stores had a college aged or slightly older clerk and each was very friendly to me. One didn't seem to even notice my outfit and the others seemed to smile warmly and even started small talk with me (I had bought a new product where the Diet Coke has vitamins and minerals added - she wanted to know what it tasted like) and were very friendly.

I wore a black shirt and black leather jacket with the outfit. The boots are by Miss Sixty and just cover my knee caps when pulled up but they naturally slouch a bit at the ankle.

I have an old video at youtube that shows the boots and maybe even the same denim skirt as tonight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhpdRxdeRSc

Your stories here have me more confident in going out and are all very inspirational. Thanks.

Hi Tighbootguy Thank for the nice posting, you had a couple of realy nice couple of outings in both slacks and a skirt and high heel boots. You know Thingbootguy my high heels too is pretty LOUD, making a hard clicking sound were ever I go, most of the time. At first me staring wearing high heels and skirt I felt a bit well not so very comfortable with this. Me walking, trottering down the corridor at the office every one could hear me coming in my stiletto heels. Me passing my colleagues rooms (all my colleagues are men, its just two other women here and well then ist me, its just us three wearing high heels), my colleagues looking up, guess they was wondering wich one of us was coming. At first, as I said, I wasn´t feeling good about this, they all looking, stoped working, staring at me, my skirt, my legs, my heels. When I came trottering walking with short short steps down the long corridor. Was a bit like you Thighbootguy, yes I can understand you very well, yes Thighbootguy its good talking to other women about things like this isn´t it? Women more open about things like this, they´ve been asking them selfs too. Can I wear this skirt? Is it looking good? Things like that. They´ve been asking them selfst the same questions we asks ourselfs, you and me luv. Yes Thighbootguy its just naturell talking asking other women about this. Me too I asked the two other girls at the office if they had the same experiance as me. Ofcourse they had, they both told me, yes the guys was looking at them too. Nowadays I´m starting to getting pretty much used to all this. Trying use it to my advantage. Nowadays me coming clicking my way down the corridor, I often stoping, looking inside into theirs room, saying something nice, smiling. I like the long black skirt thighbootguy, you did great asking the lady about it. Once again Thighbootguy, who but a women is better giving you an advice about how you looked in this skirt. I´m sure it´s been fun to learn how to walk in that short of a stride and not only that but also how to sit, how to stand and yes how to geting of and into a car. Me to honey, I´m doing the same as you when I´m getting of or into a car. You doing great and your outfit looking great too! GOOD LUCK!

I went shopping at a Sam’s I don’t normally frequent to pick up a few things. I was wearing a gray T-Shirt, a black suede shirt leather skirt, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos.

I was taking my time and wandered around the store as I picked up my stuff, which included a 50 lb. bag of cat litter (and I’m in a short skirt and on 5” heels). The shopping was uneventful, but I have tried to use the same shorter stride with the short skirt as I have to with the long one. At the register the clerk commented, “This must be your second home.”

I laughed. I really only stop at that store about once a month so my trips must be memorable to the staff.

As I was walking out, a lady stopped me and asked where I had gotten my boots. I told her about a web site and mentioned a couple of brands and warned her that they run a bit small. I really am going to have to apply for a commission.

I had parked in a back lot so I had a long walk in and back out. After I loaded my stuff into the car and was driving out, I heard a guy in the parking lot singing, “Those boots are made for walking.”

I am asked about my boots often enough that I think I’m going to put together a thigh boot fact sheet to carry with me that I can give to folks (see attatched).

-sparty61

First Welcome to the forum!

Sounds like you have found a reasonable place to go out. I do recommend populated places like malls, bookstores, and museums. Other than their initial surprise, most people don’t seem to care what you wear so wear what you enjoy.

The boots on the video look great.

Thanks for posting.

:smile:

Thigh Boots.pdf

Hi Thighbootguy See you went out shoping again wearing skirt and your thigh boots. That´s great Thighbootguy. That´s even greater you was out in a short skirt. You seemed to have taken this step going out in a short skirt. Very good Thighbootguy. Hope yo enjoy wearing a short skirt as much as I do. I my self feeling much better in a shorter skirt then a long one. You did great! See you did a bit of shoping too buying that big bag of cat litter. Bet this was a bit heavy for you to carry and a bit difficult too, you being in a short skirt and on 5 inch heels. You know me too I´ve been doing this quite a lot wearing both a short skirt, a mini skirt and 5 inch stiletto heels. Bet you´re much stronger than me. Me I have too realy struggle with all my carry-a-way bags when I´m doing my weekly grocery shoping. I make sure I have my boyfreind with me, he helping me to carry all the things, problem is he too wearing heels, some times skirt too, so guess he and you knows all about it. Still my boyfreind is much stronger then me. I see you try to use the same shorter stride wearing your short skirt as you did wearing your long skirt. I guess you already starting to feel, I guess you has been wearing skirt and high heels so much so that this sort of striding comes naturell to you. Its great you seemes to become a great freind with the staff at Sam´s, That´s nice. nice too you seemed more and more being asked by ladies, talking to other ladies about your outfits, bet you feel good about that. You did great Thighbootguy walking in and then back out again, with all the things you have bought in your skirt and high heels, well done. You know Thighbootguy, we sitting having breakfast this morning, my boyfreind and me. we started talking about my meeting to morrow. Its an important meeting so I wanted to look go, as good as I possible can. Me being now perceived as a woman its sort of expected of me to wear a skirtsuit or a dress for occasions like this. Pants or a pantsuit well, no guess not, a skirt or a skirtsuit would look so much better, perhaps a dress? So yes I will be wearing a skirt, a skirtsuit, not to long not to short, ending about 2 or 3 inch above my kess. Have a couple of those skirtsuits you know. Asking my boyfreind; "Love what would you wear high heel pump or knee high stiletto boots?" My boyfreind told me to go for my 5 inch mega pointy knee high boots. Though he agree with me, pump would perhaps be a bit more comfy, I could easily doing a bit of dipping and dangling with my pump if I had to. But my boyfreind told me; "Oh love go for the boots, you looking so hot, so sexy in them". Guess I´m going to lissten to my boyfreind, wearing my boots. Well Thighbootguy, what do you think, boots or pump? TAKE CARE

It’s been a couple of days since I’ve posted what I’ve been wearing so here it goes. I have been out wearing a pair of very light tan suede leather slacks. I’ve worn them with dress shirts and 9_West brown ankle boots with a 1½” block heel. Thighbootguy in ankle boots, I’m just as surprised as you are. I have been wearing them to work under normal slacks and then changing to the leather ones after work. I have been to my normal haunts, Sam’s, Walgreen’s and even the local liquor store, all without incident or comment. I have had a real mental problem wearing leather slacks. Somewhere in my head I have associated leather slacks with the gay community. I’m not gay and I have no problem with the gay community but that garment made an association, in my mind, that I did not want to project. I have been wearing leather thigh boots and leather skirts for a long time now but leather pants were a real show stopper. As I said, this was all in my head, but that’s the head that counts. It finally dawned on me that if I can wear short leather skirts with thigh boots that I can wear anything I like, and I do like leather slacks, so with a new found sense of freedom, I dawned my slacks and out I went. They felt great, looked great, and I had a great time. Today I stopped in the local Goodwill and they had blouses and skirts on sale for 99¢. I didn’t see a skirt I liked but after trying a few blouses on I found a black crepe blouse with a trumpet cuff and a V neckline. I really liked the look so I parted with my 99¢ and bought it. I stopped at Sam’s tonight and wore the new blouse and a long (ankle length) tan suede skirt with black knee high boots with a 2” block heel. The skirt is long enough that you cant see the boots at all. I’m glad I have been walking with a shorter stride because it was mandatory when wearing this skirt. The register clerk said she liked the look of the blouse and the skirt, and I complemented her earrings (huge hoops). It has been a fun couple of days. :winkiss:

II have been out wearing a pair of very light tan suede leather slacks. I’ve worn them with dress shirts and 9_West brown ankle boots with a 1½” block heel. Thighbootguy in ankle boots, I’m just as surprised as you are. I have been wearing them to work under normal slacks and then changing to the leather ones after work.

Nothing wrong with ankle boots. For sheer convienience alone, nothing beats them. Besides, variety is the spice of life! :winkiss:

I have had a real mental problem wearing leather slacks. Somewhere in my head I have associated leather slacks with the gay community. I’m not gay and I have no problem with the gay community but that garment made an association, in my mind, that I did not want to project. I have been wearing leather thigh boots and leather skirts for a long time now but leather pants were a real show stopper. As I said, this was all in my head, but that’s the head that counts.

What an unusual statement to have made. I for one have never associated leather pants with sexual preference. I don't think such a correlation actually exists, either to straight or gay people. Heck, Elvis wore leather in his legendary 1968 comeback performance, and you can't say he was gay! Heh! I see leather pants as a fashion statement, nothing more.

It finally dawned on me that if I can wear short leather skirts with thigh boots that I can wear anything I like, and I do like leather slacks, so with a new found sense of freedom, I dawned my slacks and out I went. They felt great, looked great, and I had a great time.

Well, the important thing is that you felt at ease and comfortable regarding what you wore.

I stopped at Sam’s tonight and wore the new blouse and a long (ankle length) tan suede skirt with black knee high boots with a 2” block heel. The skirt is long enough that you cant see the boots at all. I’m glad I have been walking with a shorter stride because it was mandatory when wearing this skirt.

Sounds like an intriguing outfit. Have you posted a pic of yourself in it? You have me more than a little curious!

I went shopping at Sam’s wearing a dark blue turtleneck, a light tan sleeveless jacket, a dark rust suede short leather skirt, smoke hose, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. The colors didn’t clash, the blue in the shirt and hose worked together as did the tan and rust in the jacket and skirt.

I still find it amazing that most folks don’t seem to pay any attention to this outfit on a guy.

I wandered around a bit and picked up my stuff. At the register the clerk (young lady) was cheerful and polite.

A couple of days ago I stopped at as different Sam’s wearing a short sleeved shirt with the same skirt and hose, but knee high brown suede boots with a 3” blade heel. I asked the register clerk, that knows me well, how the outfit looked and she said it looked fine and gave me a big smile.

I really am starting to feel alarmingly comfortable wearing a skirt. I never, ever, thought that would happen.

I still like my thigh boots and 5” stilettos because they make such an outrageous statement that anything else I’m wearing is secondary. The knee high boots, however, don’t have that outrageous quality to them and it makes the overall look more important which means it has to be balanced, coordinated, and actually look good.

This has been an amazing journey that I suspect isn’t over yet.

:nervous:

JeffB -

You said, “Nothing wrong with ankle boots. For sheer convenience alone, nothing beats them.” I beg to differ - thigh boots beat them. (my not so humble opinion). :winkiss:

I really am starting to feel alarmingly comfortable wearing a skirt. I never, ever, thought that would happen.

I know the feeling. I also find myself become more and more comfortable in a skirt, it feels....right to me, and I really enjoy wearing them too.

JeffB -

You said, “Nothing wrong with ankle boots. For sheer convenience alone, nothing beats them.” I beg to differ - thigh boots beat them. (my not so humble opinion). :winkiss:

Why am I not surprised you share that particular point of view! HA!

• 2 weeks later...

I stopped at Sam’s and Pet’s Mart after work tonight wearing a black turtleneck, brown suede coat, brown leather knee length skirt, brown hose, and brown suede knee high boots with a 2.5” blade heel. The Sam’s stop included getting gas. Neither stop was eventful. It seems that everyone was willing to accept a guy wearing a nice brown outfit. The trip was fun, now I’m going to spend the rest of the evening wearing the skirt, drinking a little scotch, and watching the World Series. :winkiss:

I stopped at Sam’s and Pet’s Mart after work tonight wearing a black turtleneck, brown suede coat, brown leather knee length skirt, brown hose, and brown suede knee high boots with a 2.5” blade heel.

The Sam’s stop included getting gas. Neither stop was eventful. It seems that everyone was willing to accept a guy wearing a nice brown outfit.

Well, at this time of year, brown is an appropriate color to wear, and it sounds like you sported quite an attractive outfit. I can remember owning a pair of blade heeled boots a long time ago and enjoyed them. Thought they were super stylish. More power to you, my friend!

I made a quick stop at Sam’s on the way home. I was wearing a dark green turtleneck, a tan suede jacket, ivory hose, a denim skirt and black leather thigh boots with a 5” stiletto. The hem of the skirt is rough cut and is much shorter in the front than the back. I had been wearing 3 ¼“ heels all day and the switch to 5” caught me by surprise. I knew there would be a difference but it took a few steps to get used to the additional height. Shopping was a non event. When I got to the checkout I got in a line of a clerk I knew. When she was done ringing up my stuff, I asked, “How does this work?” and indicated the skirt and boots. “I just love it.” was the serious reply, accompanied by a nice smile. :winkiss: