What' Up with the Pointed Toes???

dr1819

Don't ask me why, but I do like this recent offering from the Payless website:

Rhea pointed boot

Posted Image

Not a really high heel, but the width and style should be very comfy for me, since I have a slightly different boot with pointed toes like this too.

I tried them in the store and are quite comfortable.

rx

I just ordered a pair of those Rhea pointed boots in 13W since my local stores don't seem interested in carrying anything above a 12 - drat! At least I'll still be able to try 'em on in the store once they arrive :-)

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you!

Who else is tired of these clown shoes?

I've said it before, and I don't mind saying it again, I utterly LOATHE the needle point toe shoes! Why don't the shoe designers just turn the ends up, affix a bell and call themselves "court jesters"! It's gonna be the classic court pump for me, I tell ya! Lately I've been seeing them more often but with open toes, which is another thing I don't like but it's still better to see than those blasted mile long pointy toeboxes than can be used for ad hoc airliner runways!

One of the other reasons is that pointy toes are more aesthetic with the fashionable flares on girls jeans and trousers. Short points dissappear.

That's another problem I have with fashion nowadays, the extra long jeans and trousers that go all the way to the ground, or almost as much, and cover up the feet and shoes. Ugh!

• 3 years later...

I own a couple pairs of pointed toe high heels and they are awesome, I saw a girl I knew wearing a pair of pointy toe high heels and after I saw her I went home and put on a pair of my pointy toe high heels. I wish she could have seen me wearing them, then we could have both been wearing pointy toe high heels together.